• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strawberry Amaretto Pastries Question

In summary, the conversation is about finding the best way to slice a pastry dish without it breaking or losing toppings. Suggestions include using a serrated bread knife, standing the pastry up and slicing vertically instead of laying it flat, and using a utility knife instead of a bread knife. Some also recommend cutting the pastry before baking and assembling individual servings. It is also advised to serve the dish immediately to prevent sogginess.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Does anyone have a foolproof way of slicing these? I've made them at 1/2 dozen shows and I always have one or two that don't slice nice - meaning I thought I was directly in the middle slicing but ended up with a torn/see-through top or bottom because I cut it crooked. My show on Friday night I'm making them again but only a single batch this time so there's not much room for wasteage (sp?)

Help!

P.S. I've been using the serrated bread knife for this.

Try standing them up on end and slicing down (vertical), instead of the "safe" method of laying them flat on the cutting board (horizontal).

Place your knife where you want it, and then pinch either side of the pastry.

Please be careful!

Anyone else have a better idea? I've only made these twice.

Last edited:
Hmmm....that's a thought. But I'm concerned I'd lose alot of the topping (almonds and sugar) by putting it on it's end and also by pinching. Even doing it my way (horizontal) I have crumbs, crumbs and more crumbs :eek:

Pinching - You wouldn't really pinch it.. just sort of balance it there. Don't squeeze the Charmin! ;)

slicing...
kcjodih said:
Does anyone have a foolproof way of slicing these? I've made them at 1/2 dozen shows and I always have one or two that don't slice nice - meaning I thought I was directly in the middle slicing but ended up with a torn/see-through top or bottom because I cut it crooked. My show on Friday night I'm making them again but only a single batch this time so there's not much room for wasteage (sp?)

Help!

P.S. I've been using the serrated bread knife for this.

Not sure if you mean slicing the strawberries or not, but what about slicing them in the egg slicer plus :)

I've made these a few times. Make sure you have baked the pastry long enough and they really need to be cool. I usually bake half of them a head of time and demo the other half. That way they are cool and I don't feel rushed. Good luck!

Tammy Downham

I'm planning on making these for the first time at my Host Appreciation Show in March. I have eaten them and they are delicious, so I thought they would be good for my show.

My question is this - The recipe says to serve immediately. My plan is to do more of an open house and not demo anything. I was hoping to make them earlier in the day and then serve them that evening. What happens if they aren't served immediately?

The topping soaks through the pastry if left on there too long and they get soggy. Also, I suggest using the utlity knife instead of the bread knife. I made these for my first six shows and the utility knife worked great! You do have to make sure the pastry is cool first.

I just hold the pastry up and slice it like I'm slicing some bread with the santuko knife. They are pretty resilient and don't worry about losing any of the topping.

I cut the pastry before I bake it....and then just let guests assemble individual pastries. Alot less messy.

ChefBeckyD said:
I cut the pastry before I bake it....and then just let guests assemble individual pastries. Alot less messy.

I was just about to say that Becky! If you want smaller pieces for serving cut them smaller before you bake the pastry! That what I do. I cut the pastry according to how many guests there are.

I couldn't imagine the mess trying to cut those suckers afterwards!:eek:

amya said:
I'm planning on making these for the first time at my Host Appreciation Show in March. I have eaten them and they are delicious, so I thought they would be good for my show.

My question is this - The recipe says to serve immediately. My plan is to do more of an open house and not demo anything. I was hoping to make them earlier in the day and then serve them that evening. What happens if they aren't served immediately?
I make everything up and then just assemble them at the last minute.

As far as cutting the pastry, I didn't clarify that I have them cut up into squares and then just slice the squares in half to stuff them.

I believe the original question was regarding splitting the cooked pastry horizontally, not cutting it into squares.

chefann said:
I believe the original question was regarding splitting the cooked pastry horizontally, not cutting it into squares.
OK... That's what I originally thought. The others confused me! Although that's not hard to do!

chefann said:

I guess I was confused too! Oh well. I hope from all of our rambling you were able to find something to help you! FYI...when I've made them I used the Serrated knife. I stood them on end and sliced down. I don't remember having a problem. Hope this helps you!!

chefann said:

Sometimes I'm a little slow......I was envisioning trying to hold up this whole sheet of baked crust to slice it. (giggle giggle)

Related to Strawberry Amaretto Pastries Question

1. What ingredients are needed to make the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

The ingredients needed to make the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries are puff pastry sheets, strawberries, amaretto liqueur, sugar, and egg wash (optional).

2. How many servings does the recipe for Strawberry Amaretto Pastries make?

The recipe for Strawberry Amaretto Pastries makes 6 servings.

3. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of strawberries?

Yes, you can use other types of fruit such as peaches or apples, but the cooking time may vary depending on the fruit's moisture content.

4. How do I store the leftovers?

The leftover Strawberry Amaretto Pastries can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes before serving.

5. Can I make these pastries ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the pastries ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. This can be done up to 24 hours in advance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Joyful
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
catlwilles
  • LakesideMom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LakesideMom
Replies