• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Show: Nervous about Artichoke Cups and Strawberry Amaretto Pastry

In summary, the conversation is about a person's first cooking show and their nervousness. They received recipe cards in their kit and are concerned about making the elegant artichoke cups and the strawberry amaretto pastry. They are advised to have fun and not stress, and to make sure to practice the recipes before the show. The person also mentions making brownies and getting a lot of orders. They also discuss using rolo's in the brownies and the importance of practicing a recipe before making it at a show. The summary also includes a reminder to have fun and be honest about liking the recipes.
coopersgirl
My first show is this week and I am very nervous. In my kit I got some recipe cards. Is the elegant artichoke cups very tastee? I am a little concerend abot the desert. Strawberry Amaretto pastry. I am just plain nervous period.
Do we have to make those the first few parties?

The strawberry Amarettos are very easy to make. But if you want to mix it up and do something else you can. Just remember that those recipes include all the products you got in your kit, while others may have other things that you wont be able to demo.GOOD LUCK

just remember, no matter what you make... have fun!!! that's the most important thing i've learned. people will forgive mistakes, even if you burned all the food, just make sure you're having fun.

having said that.. i made the strawberry amaretto pastries the other day and they were SUPER easy and really good. i'd go with that if you're looking for something easy to not stress about.

ginamkiely said:
just remember, no matter what you make... have fun!!! that's the most important thing i've learned. people will forgive mistakes, even if you burned all the food, just make sure you're having fun.

having said that.. i made the strawberry amaretto pastries the other day and they were SUPER easy and really good. i'd go with that if you're looking for something easy to not stress about.

did you get to make the brownies?

Denarella said:
did you get to make the brownies?

yes i made them yesterday morning (6:30 am!) and my girlfriend bought them to work with her... she got $160 in orders before 10 am! her cooking show isn't even until sept 5th. lol. needless to say they were REALLY good. i'm going to make them again this week... myh husband works for the borough so i'm going to bring them into town hall with some catalogs and i get more practice for my show next tuesday. it's only my second cooking show (1st with people i don't know) so i'm nervous and preparing already. lol. did i mention i was a little nutty?

ginamkiely said:
yes i made them yesterday morning (6:30 am!) and my girlfriend bought them to work with her... she got $160 in orders before 10 am! her cooking show isn't even until sept 5th. lol. needless to say they were REALLY good. i'm going to make them again this week... myh husband works for the borough so i'm going to bring them into town hall with some catalogs and i get more practice for my show next tuesday. it's only my second cooking show (1st with people i don't know) so i'm nervous and preparing already. lol. did i mention i was a little nutty?

You? Nutty?! Seems hard to believe...Did you use rolos?

Denarella said:
You? Nutty?! Seems hard to believe...Did you use rolos?

i know can you imagine me being nutty? lol and you barely know me... imagine what my friends think. lol. yes i used rolo's. a lot of people dont like them but i personally love them with or without brownies. it's a matter of preference. i was going to try them with the caramel kisses but couldn't find them.

coopersgirl said:
My first show is this week and I am very nervous. In my kit I got some recipe cards. Is the elegant artichoke cups very tastee? I am a little concerend abot the desert. Strawberry Amaretto pastry. I am just plain nervous period.
Do we have to make those the first few parties?

The pastries are wonderful and easy.

You can make whatever YOU want!!

Always practice a recipe at home before you do it in front of people at a show. That's my motto anyway and makes me feel more prepared.

jrstephens said:
Always practice a recipe at home before you do it in front of people at a show. That's my motto anyway and makes me feel more prepared.
Plus, then you aren't lying when you tell them that "I love this recipe! It's so tasty!" :D

1. Can I customize the Artichoke Cups and Strawberry Amaretto Pastry to fit dietary restrictions?

Yes, you can easily modify the recipes to fit dietary needs. For example, you can use gluten-free dough for the pastry or substitute almond milk for regular milk in the Artichoke Cups.

2. How can I make sure the Artichoke Cups and Strawberry Amaretto Pastry turn out perfectly?

Practice makes perfect! We recommend trying out the recipes before the show to get comfortable with them. Also, be sure to follow the instructions carefully and use quality ingredients.

3. Will there be enough supplies for all of my guests to make their own Artichoke Cups and Strawberry Amaretto Pastry?

Yes, our My First Show kit includes enough ingredients for 12 servings of each recipe. However, if you have a larger group, you may want to purchase extra ingredients or make smaller portions to accommodate everyone.

4. Can I use different fillings for the Artichoke Cups and Strawberry Amaretto Pastry?

Definitely! Our recipes are just suggestions, and you can get creative with your own fillings. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

5. How long will the Artichoke Cups and Strawberry Amaretto Pastry stay fresh?

If stored properly in an airtight container, both recipes should stay fresh for 2-3 days. However, we recommend enjoying them fresh out of the oven for the best taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• maddy123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Biscotti
  • moxiegal05
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • coopersgirl