• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Desserts in the Microwave: Using a Prep Bowl

In summary, you can make a variety of desserts in the microwave using a prep bowl, including molten lava cakes, mug cakes, fruit crumbles, and cheesecakes. The cooking time will depend on the recipe, but most can be made in under 10 minutes. It's important to use a microwave-safe prep bowl and adjust the cooking time for your specific microwave's power. Regular baking ingredients can be used, but it's best to follow a recipe specifically designed for microwave use.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
Any recommendations on a different bowl I could use in the micro instead of the SA? Would a prep bowl work and then dump it onto a dessert plate and add frosting? Thanks I've never made these before but have heard people rave about them.

It works wonderful in the DCB... and you can serve from there or dump out. We add cake mix, eggs, strawberry applesauce, water, and frosting stir till smooth.. then bake 12-15 min..impresses everytime.

Thanks for the great suggestion. Only one problem. I am using the DCB before the show to cook the chicken for jerk chicken nachos which is our main recipe. Do you think if I wash and dry it it would be ok to use for the cake too? I normally don't use my stoneware back to back like that so I'm not sure?

chefmoseley said:
Thanks for the great suggestion. Only one problem. I am using the DCB before the show to cook the chicken for jerk chicken nachos which is our main recipe. Do you think if I wash and dry it it would be ok to use for the cake too? I normally don't use my stoneware back to back like that so I'm not sure?

YES! Making a cake in the same pot that you just made a chicken (and the cake not tasting of chicken at all) sells lots of DCBs for Me.

I make a cake right after I make the fajitas. Works great!

1. Can I really make desserts in the microwave using just a prep bowl?

Yes, absolutely! Our prep bowls are specifically designed for microwave use and are perfect for creating delicious desserts quickly and easily.

2. What types of desserts can I make using a prep bowl in the microwave?

The options are endless! You can make everything from individual molten lava cakes and mug cakes to fruit crumbles and even cheesecakes in a prep bowl in the microwave.

3. How long does it take to make a dessert in the microwave using a prep bowl?

The cooking time will vary depending on the specific recipe, but most desserts can be made in less than 10 minutes using a prep bowl in the microwave.

4. Are there any tips or tricks for making the best desserts in the microwave using a prep bowl?

One of the best tips is to make sure you use a microwave-safe prep bowl and to adjust the cooking time based on your specific microwave's power. It's also important to stir and check the dessert frequently to prevent burning.

5. Can I use regular baking ingredients in my microwave desserts or do I need specific ingredients?

You can use regular baking ingredients in your microwave desserts, but it's important to follow a recipe specifically designed for microwave use. Some ingredients, such as flour and sugar, may need to be adjusted for best results in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
Replies
Views
lalemom