• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Camping Recipes - Try Something New This Season!

In summary, the conversation is about camping recipes and tips for cooking while camping. Some suggestions include wrapped potatoes in coals, banana boats for dessert, egg omelets in a Ziploc bag, Tin Foil Dinner, Cobbler, and Tornadoes. The BSA website is also mentioned as a resource for recipes.
gratergirl
Just wondering if anyone has any good camping recipes to share with me. Camping season starts next weekend and I want to try something new this year that will be a hit!
TIA

NEXT WEEKEND? :eek: It's still freezing here... lol

I don't think I'm much help here... I've done searches on google for camping recipes, and found some cool sites. But I always stick to the basics and make the same things while camping that I would make at home. I've done tacos, spaghetti, etc..... Oh, but one of my fave camp fire things is to wrap potatoes in foil and put them in the coals of the fire to cook! MMMMM Or banana boats are good for dessert (slice the banana down the middle, leaving the skin on and put mini marshmallows and chocolate chips and wrap in foil and put over warm coals until hot)

I don't have the recipe, but my family loves the idea of egg omlets in a zipploc baggie. I know some one out there has the instructions though. ;)

gratergirl said:
Just wondering if anyone has any good camping recipes to share with me. Camping season starts next weekend and I want to try something new this year that will be a hit!
TIA
Some Old Boyscout fav's are the "Tin Foil Dinner" and Cobbler.
Tin Foil Dinner- piece of boneless chicken(Beef,whatever) cut carrots, Potatoes, and condensed mushroom soup. (1 potato cut, 1 carrot cut, chicken, Salt & Pepper, soup) in a foil Pouch put on coals cook 15-20 minutes.

Cobbler- Any canned pie filling in bottom of pot, cover with bisquick mix (bisquit recipe dough) put in camping pot, cover with lid cook 20-25 min. Cool, scoop out and enjoy.

When I taught a group of kids at camp we made "Tornadoes"

Tornadoes- soat chopstick or wooden skewer in water for min 20min. when ready roll a crescent around it, hold over fire carefully until golden brown. Note GOLDEN not Dark BROWN. cool and fill with chocolate pudding from Easy Accent Decorator.

You can find many recipes on the BSA website under the cooking merit badge.
HTH and Have fun. Laurel

Hello! I love camping and cooking outdoors as well. One of my go-to recipes for camping is foil packet meals. You can prepare them ahead of time and just throw them on the grill or campfire when you're ready to eat. Some of my favorites include chicken and vegetable foil packets, shrimp and sausage foil packets, and even breakfast foil packets with eggs, potatoes, and bacon. Another fun idea is to make campfire nachos using a cast iron skillet. Just layer tortilla chips, cheese, beans, and any other toppings you like, and place it over the fire until the cheese is melted. I hope you have a great camping season and enjoy trying out some new recipes! Happy camping!

1. What are some easy and tasty camping recipes?

Some easy and tasty camping recipes that you can try this season include foil packet meals, one-pot stews, and grilled sandwiches. These recipes use minimal ingredients and are simple to prepare, making them perfect for outdoor cooking.

2. Can I make healthy camping meals?

Yes, you can definitely make healthy camping meals! Some options include grilled vegetables, quinoa salads, and fish tacos. With a little planning and preparation, you can enjoy nutritious and delicious meals while camping.

3. Are there any make-ahead camping recipes?

Yes, there are many make-ahead camping recipes that you can try. Some examples include overnight oats, pre-made pasta salads, and marinated meats that can be cooked on the campfire. These recipes save time and make meal prep easier while camping.

4. What are some kid-friendly camping recipes?

There are plenty of kid-friendly camping recipes that are sure to be a hit with your little ones. Some ideas include hot dogs on a stick, campfire nachos, and s'mores banana boats. These recipes are fun and easy for kids to help prepare and enjoy.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef products for camping recipes?

Yes, you can absolutely use Pampered Chef products for camping recipes! Our products are designed to make cooking and grilling easier, even in outdoor settings. Some recommended products for camping include our grill pan, outdoor pizza oven, and collapsible bowls for easy storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gratergirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • ChefPaulaB