• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Camping Recipe Ideas?

In summary, Melinda and KG have different opinions on camping. Melinda enjoys camping and finds it to be a luxurious experience, while KG prefers to rough it and camp in Indianapolis. Melinda and KG both have recipes that they recommend to one another. KG also has a suggestion for camping banners that would be a great idea.
gratergirl
Just wondering if anyone has any good camping recipes that they'd like to share with me. Camping season opens next weekend and I'm looking for new recipes! TIA~:)

camping recipes, tipsi don't know if this will help but I have this in my old files. I know I have another one somewhere I will keep looking for you.

Attachments

• Campfire Tips.doc
    82 KB · Views: 394
Holiday Inn - 888-465-4329
Marriott - 800-228-2100

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Holiday Inn - 888-465-4329
Marriott - 800-228-2100
That's my kind of camping!

I'm "roughing it" in Indianapolis right now...this place only has an outdoor pool.

Gee, you're really roughing it, KG.

My family's idea of roughing it was a big motor home. Of course, you don't feel too deprived when you have a microwave and indoor toilet.

I married an Eagle Scout. We tent camp. If you had told me before I married him that I would enjoy it, I would have laughed at you. I really enjoy it now, though. It helps that Mr. Eagle Scout handles anything I don't want to do myself.

raebates said:
My family's idea of roughing it was a big motor home. Of course, you don't feel too deprived when you have a microwave and indoor toilet.
That's not getting away from it all.

That's taking it all with you!

Yeah, but I was a little girl, so Daddy took care of the icky stuff.

Hey, KG, at least it's not snowing! Is it a heated pool? My favorite hotel in Indy is the Sheraton at Keystone because it's connected to Fashion Mall...

Rae--I'll see you tonight Mrs. Eagle Scout!

My favorite camping recipe is hobo meals: cut up poatotes, carrots, onions, and meat (your choice, really--I like chunks of beef roast, but pork roast works well, too) with a dash of salt and pepper in a foil packet roasted over an open flame for a long darned time. MMMMMMMM..... almost makes me want to go camping. Almost.

I've got a couple of favorites, myself, but I'm stuck at a place on the southeast side because it's the most mutually inconvenient location for all the places I have to go this week. I bet this was a luxurious place when it was built.But that was a long, long time ago. :(Oh, when I was a Scout, we called those "Zip packs" and I still do them on the grill - when I'm camping at home.

Sounds like you're busy, KG. What a shame. I'll be in Indy tomorrow, but it sounds like you'll be working like a busy little worker bee.

We are tent campers!!! And I have tons of my PC doubles in my Camping "Kitchen Box".....one time we were camping, and a couple came walking into our site - they were drawn in by our camp kitchen set up and wanted a closer look. The wife noticed some of my PC tools and I got an order on the spot! I always promote PC's portability to camping at my spring and summer shows!

Melinda

raebates said:
Sounds like you're busy, KG. What a shame. I'll be in Indy tomorrow, but it sounds like you'll be working like a busy little worker bee.
When you get here, I'll probably be sleeping. I start work at 10 tonight in Richmond, I'll be in Connersville at 4:30 and with any luck at all, I'll be able to get back here by 7:30 or 8 for a quick breakfast before I zonk out.

melindag said:
We are tent campers!!! And I have tons of my PC doubles in my Camping "Kitchen Box".....one time we were camping, and a couple came walking into our site - they were drawn in by our camp kitchen set up and wanted a closer look. The wife noticed some of my PC tools and I got an order on the spot! I always promote PC's portability to camping at my spring and summer shows!

Melinda
Get one of those banners from Merrill and hang it on the side of your tent!

That's a great idea!!! My husband would kill me! :D

Put it on the other side where he never goes. ;)

We aren't tent campers either. Did that years ago and just bought another camper. We upgraded form a 27 foot (triple bunks) to a 44 foot park trailer that (can be pulled) it has 3 slide outs on it. It's got berber carpeting and oak cabinets through out. Two sleeper sofas and a real queen sized bed (not camper one) Full sixed fridge and stove in it. We LOVE it and can't wait to use it again. We bought it at the end of the season last year and moved to another campground. But I still like to use the campfire to cook on at times for a little variety. I just bought a pepper roaster from Cabela's. You can purchase the pepper corer also. Then you fill the jalapeno peppers with cream cheese or cheddar and top it with some bacon! YUM! I can't wait....or fill it with whatever. Thanks for the tips!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
When you get here, I'll probably be sleeping. I start work at 10 tonight in Richmond, I'll be in Connersville at 4:30 and with any luck at all, I'll be able to get back here by 7:30 or 8 for a quick breakfast before I zonk out.

Sleep well, KG!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Get one of those banners from Merrill and hang it on the side of your tent!

I have an extra PC yard sign. DH and I are planning to bring it along the next time we go camping. His theory is that, with just a few sales, I've got a pretty good chance of making enough to pay for our vacation.

Um, we vacation really cheap.

Related to Looking for Camping Recipe Ideas?

1. What are some easy and delicious camping recipes?

Some easy and delicious camping recipes include foil packet meals, campfire chili, and campfire nachos. You can also make breakfast burritos, grilled sandwiches, and kabobs on a stick.

2. Can I make healthy meals while camping?

Yes, you can make healthy meals while camping. Some ideas include grilled vegetables, quinoa salad, and grilled fish or chicken. You can also pack fruits, nuts, and other healthy snacks for your trip.

3. How can I keep my food fresh while camping?

To keep your food fresh while camping, store it in airtight containers or coolers with ice. It's also helpful to plan your meals in advance and only bring the ingredients you need to minimize food spoilage.

4. Are there any vegetarian or vegan camping recipes?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan camping recipes available. Some options include veggie skewers, black bean burgers, and quinoa stuffed bell peppers. You can also bring along pre-made vegan meals or opt for plant-based snacks like hummus and veggies.

5. Can I make desserts while camping?

Absolutely! You can make delicious desserts while camping, such as s'mores, campfire cones, and grilled fruit. You can also bring along pre-made desserts like granola bars or cookies for a sweet treat on the go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gratergirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • ChefPaulaB