1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Deep covered Baker

1. Just received my Covered Deep dish baker in the mail. What could I bake in there that would start to season this stone. I would like to make the lava cake for my family before my 1st party in 2 weeks. Shoiuld I maybe do Chicken instead to start to season this stone ? Thanks- Alanna:love:

Mar 30, 2012
  2. maldvs

maldvs Member

If you want an easy meal for your family, I would start with the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco. You can cook the chicken in it first (about 10 min, then check temp) then start the recipe. This is the recipe that I made my entire first month with PC because I already had the DCB before starting my biz.

Mar 30, 2012
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I find that you really don't need to season this stone when you are doing a lot of microwave recipes. When doing a cake recipe, I just spritz it with a little oil first and it's always just fine. Just go for it, you'll be fine. :D

For recipe ideas, we have lots of recipes in the files section. There's also a Facebook group called I <3 My Deep Covered Baker. You'll find oodles and oodles of ideas there, too.

Mar 30, 2012
  4. Thank you so very much! Alanna

Mar 30, 2012
  5. KayteTUrner

KayteTUrner Novice Member Gold Member

My Director always suggests the 30 minute chicken in the microwave for the first recipe in a DCB. You can find more information under theme shows in CC.

Mar 30, 2012
  6. Thank you Kayte. Alanna

Mar 30, 2012
  7. dlhileman

dlhileman Silver Member

Has anyone seen recipes for the New Round Covered Baker?

Apr 12, 2012
  8. Debbie Atwood

Debbie Atwood Gold Member

I am using my DDCB for the first time today to bake a ham. Recipe suggestions? And do I need to spray it with cooking spray? I've heard that that will leave a sticky residue?

Jan 21, 2016
  9. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Never use cooking spray. (This is a little late, but better late than never.) It will almost certainly leave a residue. You can spread a little oil in it if you're concerned about sticking, but I find that sticking is rarely an issue in the DCB.

BTW, your name gave me pause. One of our "kids" is Debbie Atwood. She married a young man who we love like a son. He's a pastor in Ohio; they're the parents of 1-year-old twins. Oh, and I completely agree with the quote in your avatar--bacon is definitely meat candy.

Jan 25, 2016
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted