• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Covered Baker Dessert Recipe for Microwave?

pie filling, then the wet ingredients (can of pie filling and butter), and then put the whole thing in the microwave for 10-12 minutes. I use a spatula to stir it every few minutes so it doesn't stick to the sides and burn. This recipe also calls for 1/4 cup of brown sugar, but I omit it since I don't like things too sweet. Did you do yours in microwave or ovenI basically used a 1-1-1 ratio...1 box of yellow cake mix (that doesn't call for butter to be added in the recipe on the back of the box), 1 can of pie filling (I used apple), and then 1 stick of butter (I don't like to use a ton
forkatieb
I am looking for a dessert recipe to make in the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave. Can anyone share please?

this is from another thread
1 box cake mix
1-2 cans pie filling
1.5 sticks of butter
layer cake-filling- butter
micro 10 mins stir thans mirco 2-3 mins more done.

Thank You!!!!!!

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix, prepared according to directions on box
1 can of chocolate frosting

Butter the interior of the DCB very well. Pour in prepared cake mix and use large scoop to dollop frosting over batter.

Cook in microwave, uncovered, for 10 - 12 minutes. Scoop deep when serving so you get lots of the melted frosting goodness in the center. Great when served with ice cream or whipped cream. Can also serve with berries and cream.

This is a great recipe to prepare as an "extra" because it is so quick and delicious. No one can believe it came from the microwave! :chef:

Thanks to Libby for this recipe!:)

It didn't get crisp on the top and its all mushy... kinda gross :(

shorelinecef said:
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix, prepared according to directions on box
1 can of chocolate frosting

Butter the interior of the DCB very well. Pour in prepared cake mix and use large scoop to dollop frosting over batter.

Cook in microwave, uncovered, for 10 - 12 minutes. Scoop deep when serving so you get lots of the melted frosting goodness in the center. Great when served with ice cream or whipped cream. Can also serve with berries and cream.

This is a great recipe to prepare as an "extra" because it is so quick and delicious. No one can believe it came from the microwave! :chef:

Thanks to Libby for this recipe!:)

ok I am going to take your word on this and do this tonight at my show.

I hope it goes well! I've made it three times and it's turned out great every time!

Brett malbraaten said:
1 box cake mix
1-2 cans pie filling
1.5 sticks of butter

I've made this but layered it filling - cake - butter. Slight stir and then micro for 10 uncovered.

I think putting the cake on the bottom would make it gross. YMMV.
D

forkatieb said:

We did one with 1 can pie filling on the bottom, 1 box cake mix on top, sprinkle 1-1/2 sticks chopped up butter on top. Did not stir at all.

We baked it in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 350 - or until brown on top. It is delish. Even though the DCB fits in my microwave, I like the fact that it browns in the oven. I cover it for about half the time, then remove the cover so it browns.

And, it stays warm for hours after. I also took it to work, took it out of the oven at about 7 am, covered it and it was still warm at around 10 or 10:30am.

this sounds wonderful. I am doing it at a show tonight.. apple pie filling, spice cake mix... with caramel sprinkles on it...

forkatieb said:

I use this recipe as well but I only use 3/4 to 1 stick of butter and it gets nice a crisp on top. The guests love it and I sold 6 DCBs at my last show. I also sprinkle something on top after I stir it depending on what pie filling I use...apple pie filling with sweet cinnamon sprinkle, pumpkin pie filling with our cinnamon spice blend, etc.

Also, if you go to /michaelreeves he has a bunch of DCB recipes on his website including this one.

EgresiPC said:
I use this recipe as well but I only use 3/4 to 1 stick of butter and it gets nice a crisp on top. The guests love it and I sold 6 DCBs at my last show. I also sprinkle something on top after I stir it depending on what pie filling I use...apple pie filling with sweet cinnamon sprinkle, pumpkin pie filling with our cinnamon spice blend, etc.

Did you do yours in microwave or oven

I do it in the microwaveI basically used a 1-1-1 ratio...1 box of yellow cake mix (that doesn't call for butter to be added in the recipe on the back of the box), 1 can of pie filling (I used apple), and then 1 stick of butter (I don't like to use a ton of butter when I cook. I tried the recipe with 1 1/2 sticks which it calls for and with 1 stick in the same day and there was no difference in taste and it all stayed together). I spread the dry cake mix over the bottom of the DCB, spread the pie filling over that, then slice the stick of butter into pads and lay the pads evenly over top of the pie filing. Put it in the microwave for 10 minutes then take it out and stir it all together and then sprinkle the cinnamon sprinkle over the top. Put it back in the microwave for 3 minutes then serve.

egresipc said:
i do it in the microwave

i basically used a 1-1-1 ratio...1 box of yellow cake mix (that doesn't call for butter to be added in the recipe on the back of the box), 1 can of pie filling (i used apple), and then 1 stick of butter (i don't like to use a ton of butter when i cook. I tried the recipe with 1 1/2 sticks which it calls for and with 1 stick in the same day and there was no difference in taste and it all stayed together). I spread the dry cake mix over the bottom of the dcb, spread the pie filling over that, then slice the stick of butter into pads and lay the pads evenly over top of the pie filing. Put it in the microwave for 10 minutes then take it out and stir it all together and then sprinkle the cinnamon sprinkle over the top. Put it back in the microwave for 3 minutes then serve.

lid or no lid?

I cover it but I think I'm going to try without the lid and see if I can get the top to brown/crisp a bit more.

When the DCB first came out, Fall of 2006, I believe. We had a Caramel Apple Bread Pudding recipe in the Seasons Best. It convinced folks they had to have it. Bread Pudding is a definite comfort food from the past, and it was very quick and not too expensive to make. Now, whenever I have a considerable amount of rolls or breads that have been around a week, I do not hesitate to make up a batch of bread pudding. That freezes well and
can be thawed and reheated and served with Cool Whip topping.

Our original recipe called for caramel candies being melted. I just use the
Smuckers caramel topping.

Attachments

• Recipes - Caramel Apple Bread Pudding revised.jpg
    Recipes - Caramel Apple Bread Pudding revised.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,167
These sound great thanks for sharing! Has anyone made dump cake in the microwave with cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple, yellow cake mix, and butter? I'm thinking about trying that one soon!

Just posting so I will know that I have these.

I think you could probably make the old Mom's Apple Crisp recipe and it would show the A/P/C/S which is something I sell every time I show it. Not sure if you would want to make it with or without the lid though, would have to try it.

Brett malbraaten said:
1 box cake mix
1-2 cans pie filling
1.5 sticks of butter

tried this the other night...wasn't my fav! I used a Chocolate cake mix with cherries. Smelled great but just tasted ok.

I'm doing a dessert for the first time in the DCB. I'm looking foward to practicing some of these! Don't know what I'd do w/o this site!

Thanks all.

lmradlein said:
tried this the other night...wasn't my fav! I used a Chocolate cake mix with cherries. Smelled great but just tasted ok.

i agree with you - NOT my fav!

I have made 3 of these so far. I think the big thing is if you are thinking of it as cake you might not like the results. When I told my family it was coffee cake they thought it was ok, when I called it cobbler they loved it.
Our favorite was yellow cake mix with peach pie filling and cinnamon topping.
I tried Lemon cake mix with cherry pie filling and thought it was ok.
I did spice cake with apple pie filling and liked the flavor but it needed a lot more apples. I will try it again with 2 cans of pie filling and see how it goes.
For those of you doing this at shows, I would love to hear what you have tried and what the guests think.

OK... So is it filling, cake, topping? or cake, filling, topping?

TIA! :)

We had one at our Cluster Meeting this week that I actually liked! (I'm not usually a fan of the micro cakes of any kind)

It was a Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (mix together as written on package) in the DCB, then on top scoop a can of chocolate frosting, and then scoop a cup of peanut butter. Put it in the micro for 11-12 minutes, uncovered.

It was so good that I decided to surprise my host the next night with it! She is a chocolate fiend, and chocolate wasn't on the menu for her party, so I brought the ingredients along and popped the cake the micro while everyone was eating BBQ chicken sandwiches, and we were going over the host specials for the next couple of months.

One lady, who when she came in the door, was saying "I won't buy anything, it's all too expensive, I buy my stuff at Wal-Mart...blah blah blah...." ended up booking a show for Sept. 10th! After seeing the chicken cooked in the DCB AND the cake, and together it took less than 30 minutes...well, she was sold!

I did it with a can of crushed pineapple and a can of cherry pie filling. I would NOT use large (regular?) cans again and would do 1 can or find littler cans. Tastes good, more like a bread pudding and not really appealing-looking. Not cake-like at all. :(

I just tried this (again). I put the pie filling (strawberry) on the bottom then the cake mix (yellow) and the stick of butter (cut up) on top for the 10 minutes - covered. Stirred it and then another 4 minutes uncovered. I would say this is the best one I have done and would actually serve.

I tried the pineapple/cherry pie filling suggestion from jackieblue... had a couple people over for supper, so this was dessert. We all LOVED it - served it with ice cream. But no, you don't do it for the looks - you definitely do it for the taste!
This is such an easy recipe - if you have unexpected company coming over and you need a snack, it's ready in 15 min and totally impressive!
I'm definitely looking forward to trying some other variations on this.
The only problem is that I also like using the DCB for main dish recipes, and I only have one! :(

Brett malbraaten said:
1 box cake mix
1-2 cans pie filling
1.5 sticks of butter

1. What is a Deep Covered Baker?

A Deep Covered Baker is a type of stoneware dish that is designed to be used in the microwave. It has a lid that helps to trap in steam and heat, allowing food to cook evenly and quickly.

2. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker to make desserts?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is great for making desserts in the microwave. The stoneware material helps to distribute heat evenly, resulting in perfectly cooked desserts every time.

3. What types of desserts can I make in the Deep Covered Baker?

You can make a variety of desserts in the Deep Covered Baker, including cakes, cobblers, crisps, and even bread pudding. The possibilities are endless!

4. Is there a specific recipe for making dessert in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, there are many recipes available for making desserts in the Deep Covered Baker. You can find recipes online or in the instruction manual that comes with the baker.

5. Can I use any type of microwave-safe dish to make desserts instead of the Deep Covered Baker?

While you can technically use any microwave-safe dish to make desserts, the Deep Covered Baker is specifically designed for this purpose and will result in better, more evenly cooked desserts. It is worth investing in for delicious and easy dessert recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • 3girls
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • lindsaym