• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Decorating for an Oz-Themed Fall Festival: Ideas & Inspiration!

In summary, Tammy is planning to dress up as Dorothy or a witch at her upcoming fall festival, but is unsure of how to make her booth seem like it is from the movie Oz. Becca had some great ideas for decorating mini items and displaying them on a platter. Tammy also plans to incorporate the Lollipop Guild into her booth in some way.
pamperedchefqueen
Ok, same question about an upcoming fall festival with an Oz theme! Help! I can dress as Dorothy or a witch. (lol) but how to Make my booth seem Oz themed? Help! I am so crap at ideas.

Go mini! Like the munchkins. Mini muffin pan. Make a yellow brick road through your display table. The scarecrow was on a farm so things for fruits and veggies ie. corn. Tin man was in an apple orchard so apple tools. The lion was in a forest so I would go with meat related things. He's a lion after all.

And the Emerald City at the end - green knives! I'm better with the ideas than implementing it.

Since you asked so nicely in the other thread, my thought was have a picnic basket with all of our outdoor products in it. (I remember a picnic basket in the movie, I think.) Even though it's a fall show, people can buy ahead or for Christmas gifts or such.

Stainless steel products, either the bowls or cookware, could be used for the Tin Man.

Becca had some great ideas, too. Make all mini items (even have the pan there so people can see how nice it is) and display them on the 3-tiered platter, either variety). If you have both the new round one and the older version that holds squares, maybe make one with mini desserts and one with mini appetizers, depending upon how much work (and money) you want to put into it, and depending on the rules and regulations regarding food and such at the fair. Also, consider anticipated attendance so you don't expend a ton of money and get little in return. A cute display idea is some blue gingham fabric like Dorothy's dress. Might be able to find some on clearance now since summer is almost over.

Oooh, the Salad and Berry Spinner could represent the tornado! That would be fun.

Another Emerald City idea is the new Cool and Serve Tray.

You must incorporate the lollipop guild some how! Either a bamboo bowl filled with them (Dum Dums are cheap) or have them sticking out of something.

There are a lot of fun ways to do Oz. Granted, I haven't watched it in eons, so I'm just going from memory. Have fun and good luck! Hopefully all your hard work will pay off. Now, you do realize you will have to post pictures of what you do decide to do on both booths!!!

Tammy

This all sounds so cute.

It would totally stress me out, so glad you're doing it and not me.

So weird, I know I answered this thread yesterday!

I too said do a Yellow Brick Road on your table (cut out rectangles from yellow poster board or yellow construction paper)

You can make 2 dimentional Dorthy Shoes to advertise your sales, or ... if you are crafty ... you can make a couple of these & use them to display light weight products or as a business card holder!
http://barryegbert.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/woz-party-invite1.jpg

Hay/straw on the table too!

I was also wondering if you could put dry ice in the trifle bowl or if it would crack? Anyone ever tried it???

So cute!!!! My MIL made some of those one time.

Related to Decorating for an Oz-Themed Fall Festival: Ideas & Inspiration!

1. What are some essential items for an Oz-themed fall festival?

Some essential items for an Oz-themed fall festival include yellow brick road decorations, ruby red slippers, scarecrow and tin man cutouts, and a hot air balloon centerpiece.

2. How can I incorporate autumn elements into my Oz-themed decorations?

You can incorporate autumn elements into your Oz-themed decorations by incorporating fall colors like orange, red, and brown into your decor. You can also use fall foliage and pumpkins as accents.

3. Are there any DIY decoration ideas for an Oz-themed fall festival?

Yes, there are many DIY decoration ideas for an Oz-themed fall festival. You can create your own paper mache hot air balloons, make a yellow brick road out of yellow fabric or paper, or create your own scarecrow and tin man decorations using materials like hay and tin foil.

4. How can I make the decorations kid-friendly?

To make the decorations kid-friendly, you can incorporate fun and colorful elements like balloons, streamers, and glitter. You can also have activities like face painting and a costume contest to engage the children.

5. What are some food and drink ideas for an Oz-themed fall festival?

Some food and drink ideas for an Oz-themed fall festival include yellow brick road cake, rainbow fruit skewers, emerald city punch, and munchkin donuts. You can also have a popcorn bar and serve apple cider as a nod to the harvest season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• FancyChef
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pamperedchefqueen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • alidafrizzell