• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Ideas for a Fair "Theme"?

In summary, the conversation discussed a customer who is struggling to come up with a booth setup for a county fair with the theme "Come to the Fair...We'll See You There". The customer is a silk flower arranger and uses diverse pots and plates in her creations. Various suggestions were given, such as incorporating fair elements, using fair colors, and creating a "fair map" or "fair food" display.
bethsbiz
Gold Member
I have a good customer who is displaying at our local county fair in a few weeks. There is always a major competition for who has the best "theme based" booth setup. She is drawing a blank at how to work this year's theme into her booth.

She is a silk flower arranger and uses very diverse pots and plates for her creations (she has used several SA pieces before!).

The theme this year is: "Come to the Fair...We'll See You There".

Perhaps you can share in her confusion over how to make this work.

But, I'm hoping creative minds out there might have a suggestion or 2. She is a sweetheart and always does a terrific job. Her booth is generally eye-popping but not because it is expensive, rather, because she is classy.

Any ideas....they can include PC concepts but mostly just looking for general ideas about how to approach this theme, with her type of product.

Thanks in advance!

When I think of fairs...i think Red/White/Blue... but this time of year...i don't know if they are looking for something else...

???Sorry I'm no help!

Maybe use means of transportation...cars, planes, trains, etc -This could qualify as the "come to the fair" piece. For the "see you there" part...something to do with eyeglasses or sunglasses, and a magnifying glass maybe. She could also really incorporate typical fair items/events/rides. Not really sure this helps, but it was the first thing I thought of.

What was the previous theme & what did she do? That might help us come up with something. The theme seems rather vague.

Hi there! As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I completely understand the pressure of creating a standout booth for a county fair competition. I think your customer's silk flower arrangements and diverse pots and plates are the perfect base for this year's theme, "Come to the Fair...We'll See You There". Here are a few ideas that may help her incorporate the theme into her booth:1. Create a "Fair Food" display - Using her diverse pots and plates, your customer can arrange silk flowers to look like popular fair foods such as cotton candy, funnel cakes, and corn dogs. This will not only tie in with the fair theme but also showcase her creativity with different materials.2. Use a "Fair Map" as inspiration - Your customer can create a map of the fairgrounds using her silk flowers and pots/plates as landmarks. This will not only showcase her products but also help customers navigate the fair.3. Showcase "Fair Activities" - Your customer can create displays with silk flowers and pots/plates that represent different fair activities such as carnival games, petting zoos, and live music. This will add a fun and interactive element to her booth.4. Incorporate "Fair Colors" - Using the colors typically associated with fairs such as red, yellow, and blue, your customer can arrange her silk flowers in a way that creates a cohesive and eye-catching display.I hope these ideas help your customer come up with a creative and unique booth for the county fair. Best of luck to her in the competition!

What are some popular fair themes that can incorporate creative ideas?

Some popular fair themes that lend themselves to creative ideas include a "carnival" or "circus" theme, a "country fair" or "farmers market" theme, a "beach" or "tropical" theme, a "medieval" or "renaissance" theme, and a "Hollywood" or "red carpet" theme.

What are some creative food options for a fair with a "carnival" or "circus" theme?

Some creative food options for a carnival or circus themed fair include funnel cakes, cotton candy, popcorn, corn dogs, and caramel apples. You can also get creative with presentation by serving popcorn in miniature circus tents or offering themed drinks like "elephant lemonade."

How can I incorporate a "country fair" or "farmers market" theme into my fair?

To incorporate a country fair or farmers market theme, you can offer fresh produce and homemade goods from local vendors. You can also have games and activities that reflect a rural or agricultural setting, such as a corn maze or a "barnyard" animal petting zoo.

What are some fun entertainment options for a fair with a "beach" or "tropical" theme?

For a beach or tropical themed fair, you can have a live band playing island music, offer hula dancing lessons, or have a "limbo" contest. You can also set up a mock beach area with sand and beach chairs for people to relax and enjoy the theme.

How can I incorporate a "Hollywood" or "red carpet" theme into my fair?

To incorporate a Hollywood or red carpet theme, you can have a "paparazzi" photo booth, offer movie-themed games or trivia, or have a fashion show with local designers or students showcasing their designs. You can also have a red carpet entrance with a photo op for attendees to feel like celebrities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mommylove_07
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
jillbean
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies