• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Inclimate Weather: Tips for Hosts and Guests

In summary, the host is expecting around 4 inches of snow and is very hesitant to cancel the show because she has outside orders. The guest is thinking about cancelling their show because of the weather. The guest and the host have agreed to reschedule the show for next Sat.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, ladies....tell me your experience with inclimate weather ( predicted) and contacting the host..and dealing w/ possible last minute cancellations..

I have a show for Fri 7pm..and it is anticipated that Friday afternoon, we may get 4 inches of snow through the evening.

**Mind you when it snows around here 1 inch, schools are closed :> to give you an idea of the mentality of snow around here.

I was going to call the host tonight..but unsure weather to follow her lead, or more so how to intro. the idea of a possible cancellation?

I would call her tonight and ask at what point does she want to decide on what to do with the weather. Tell her you want to make sure it is a time frame that she is comfortable with to be able to contact everyone. And go ahead and set another date for the show, so, if it is cancelled she can tell the guest the new date when she calls them.

I have never had to do this in AL b/c of weather but if I did, this is what I would do.

I understand about the mentality with 1 inch of snow we go craazy here with ANY accumulation! HA!:D

I would call her tonight and tell talk to her as if you are still on for tomorrow. Then you can tell her that if the weather gets bad, you can make a game day decision if you should cancel, reschedule or change to a catalog show. We were supposed to get snow the other day and it didn't snow at all. You never know what will really happen. One show, it snowed literally all day and stopped an hour before I was supposed to leave. The host called asking me if I was still coming (of course!) because she had friends that wanted to come still.

I am thinking about the same thing, because I have a show scheduled for Sat. The show is about 1 hour 15 minutes from my house, so if the weather (100% chance for snow) is bad, I don't want to risk it. I have not been able to reach this host all week, so she may be cancelling it anyway.

I called the host. We talked about the 90% chance of snow...and the high of 37 for the day..and we agreed it was best to go ahead and cancel the show so she'd have time to contact her guests ( she works fulltime....) so we're rescheduling it for next Sat Mar 15th... :>

All is good..

If you can't do a show because of the weather, more than likely most of your contacts are going to be home too.
Great time to make phone calls!

I have a show that will start at 6:30 tonight and we have gotten about 4 inches of snow so far today. All the schools let out at 1:30pm today. The host is only 2 streets over from me and she doesn't want to cancel because she is too busy to reschedule. She said she already has some outside orders and it is mostly neighbors that will be coming. Let's hope she is right and it is not a bust because nobody wants to come out in this weather. Oh, by the way we have been upgraded to a blizzard!!!

Related to Dealing with Inclimate Weather: Tips for Hosts and Guests

1. What should I do if inclement weather is expected on the day of my Pampered Chef party?

If you are hosting a Pampered Chef party and inclement weather is expected on the day of the event, we recommend reaching out to your guests to discuss potential options. You may want to consider rescheduling the party for a different day or hosting the party virtually. If you decide to proceed with the party, be sure to communicate any necessary updates or changes to your guests.

2. What if my guests are unable to attend due to inclement weather?

If your guests are unable to attend the party due to inclement weather, we recommend offering them the option to place an order online or reschedule for a different day. You can also consider hosting a virtual party to accommodate those who are unable to attend in person.

3. What should I do if I am a guest and the weather is bad on the day of the party?

If you are a guest and the weather is bad on the day of the party, we recommend reaching out to the host to discuss your options. They may offer the option to reschedule the party or attend virtually. If you are unable to attend, you can still place an order online or reach out to the host to schedule a separate party.

4. How can I prepare as a host for inclement weather?

As a host, it’s important to have a backup plan in case of inclement weather. Consider having a virtual party option or rescheduling for a different day. It’s also helpful to communicate with your guests and keep them updated on any changes or updates.

5. What happens if the Pampered Chef consultant is unable to make it to the party due to inclement weather?

If the Pampered Chef consultant is unable to make it to the party due to inclement weather, they will work with the host to reschedule for a different day or offer a virtual party option. If the party is unable to be rescheduled, the consultant will provide the host with a list of available dates for a future party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • Jessamary
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies