• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Cancelled Bookings: Tips and Tricks for Desperate Hosts

In summary, Carolyn's Saturday show has been cancelled and she is desperate for bookings. She has a show tonight and suggests doing a booking tree, offering your next 4-6 dates you want to fill, and giving better incentives for the soonest dates.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Every time I turn around someone is cancelling. This Saturday's host cancelled 2 days ago because her father had a stroke :(
My April 22 just cancelled - her mom in another state is very ill and she needs to go be with her :(
They're all very legitimate reasons to cancel...but man I am desperate for bookings now!!!
I have a show tonight - she's expecting 12-15.
I need booknig tips & tricks...HELP!!!!

do the interactive demo! i found bookings came much easier.

Share your goals Carolyn - tell them you are trying to earn TPC and would appreciate them hosting or referring someone that would hold a show...offer a SMALL referral gift if the person hosts.

I hear you Carolyn! I need some tips as well. I have a hard time getting any dates on my calendar at shows. When making my 3-2-1 calls, everyone is busy right now and gave me the okay to try back in a few months, and yeah, like they are really going to book then!

Just go back to the basics and ASK EVERYONE!!!

I've had more cancellations than normal recently and this has helped me get back on track:

I use these words and they work... say them when you are doing your booking talk. "Don't think that scheduling a show in the next three weeks is too soon... everyone knows what they are doing in the next three weeks... no one knows what they are doing in June." This gives them "permission" to book in close.

Also, to fill in the dates that I had shows cancel in March, I got some plastic easter eggs and put them in the Chillzanne Rectangle Server. Inside I put "$xx more free product value" on a little sheet of paper. The closer they book, the more free product value. Then I had a sheet with my available dates on it (I'll attach here)... when they pick one of those dates, they get to pick an egg that matches the color listed and they get the free product value added on to their show when it holds.

Good luck tonight!

Attachments

• Open Dates.doc
    61.5 KB · Views: 487
Do a booking tree, offer your your next 4-6 dates you want to fill and offer then a new spring product at their show if they book. You can even give better incentives for the soonest dates.

finley1991 said:
I've had more cancellations than normal recently and this has helped me get back on track:

The fonts for this are all jumbled and I cannot remember what to click to clear that up or change them... help somebody??? Anne??? :)

ETA Never mind... I was able to highlight and change them... sorry!

Carolyn, I have had those times too. It is difficult to re-book shows like your Saturday cancellation.

I like everyone's ideas on here and also, there are people like Karen Phelps, Julie Weiss and Belinda Ellsworth that have some tips too that may be free on their websites.

What I do too, is pop in a CD on bookings or whatever you have that is close to that subject to gather ideas that you may have forgotten.

If all else fails...take their arm and twist it firmly behind their back and apply pressure upwards. Keep increasing the pressure until they agree to do a party. Make sure you thank them once they agree and tell them that next time if they just agree in the beginning, they will save themselves a great deal of pain and suffering. If they complain about bruising, tell them to $uck it up and to put on their big girl panties.:D

Yeah, and if Ann's idea doesn't work, kick 'em in the ankles.

Thanks everyone!
Colleen - i just ran to Walgreens and got a bag of plastic eggs and am doing the eggs. I printed up the following coupons and am using your dates chart (with my dates of course)
I'll let u know how it goes.

Attachments

• Gift with Booking Cards.doc
    207.5 KB · Views: 385
good luck carolyn! (i'm buying some eggs too) :eek:

Not about cancellations, but I offered the same thing on Saturday as I offered last night to fill the end of my March calendar and beyond. 6 takers on Saturday. None last night. Interactive show both nights.

Hope it works out for you Carolyn. Keep us posted.

Carolyn,
Just found this thread...prayers going your way! I hope you have great news to report!
I also have used easter eggs, with products inside them, and take them to my shows with the eggs in the collapsible bowl. Everyone seems to love that bowl, so now they're "extra" interested in it! I've even told them, "even if you're just THINKING about, go ahead and pick an egg anyway, so you can see what you'll get if you DO decide to go for it." The way I figure it is, if they see an "extra" incentive, maybe it'll give them a push!!

Anyway, I hope you had a great show tonight!

Paula

Ok - she was expecting 12-15. FOUR showed up.
sales are at $540
One booking...for May 13th
Her 18 yo daughter who is in college is seriously considering the business opportunity so hopefully she'll sign.

Real quick for next time, the picture of the cutting board is not the bar board. It looks like the regular sized one. I forgot easter is so close. May have to try this at my next show.

$540 is great for only having 4 people show up. Now, I know the guests can't blame the icey roads where you are, so....

Hope the daughter signs. I've been listening to the Double Digit Recruiting cd and Jillian is on it. She started when she was 20 - a broke college student.

I know what you mean; I've had more cancellations the past couple months than I've had in a LONG time. It's tough.
Great results for just 4 people though!

I have also had a "slow" business since fall. I had way more cancellations (most legitimate reasons: death, surgery, illness, etc) but even the shows that held were barely qualifying. Things do seem to be picking up a little.

Carolyn, I hear you! I am in the same boat!! This is the first time in 3 1/2 years I've have no shows but 1 next week! Last year I did the plastic eggs and put them in the Triffle bowl with grass. I will be doing that next week. I told PamperDor that I might be hanging up my apron! :cry:

Sorry to hear this Carolyn! It's so frustrating! I've had more cancellations than normal too. My March is VERY empty. I wish I had some shows to do the egg thing at more!! When I did them at the last couple shows in February, I did get 3 bookings but all for April. I do have a couple more potential March shows, but I have a bunch of catalog shows.

Any ideas on how to translate this same thing into a catalog show? Really it's the host who would have to promote it. Any ideas on how I can do the egg thing? Maybe I can somehow use the same concept but just email the flyer to the hosts to pass along??? I REALLY need March bookings. I already have 8 cooking shows for April and that's even working around the 5-6 days we'll be gone on the cruise. It's March I need!!!

Good luck everyone!!! Keep us updated on the egg thing!

I have had people that booked this month that want April now for real reasons! I must say it's quite frustrating.... it is so discouraging!! This makes it harder to get on the phone. I need to find a way to make positive things happen! And with all the snow we are having, I am bummed, and tired of being couped up myself! Any more suggestions on what to do now to feel more upbeat?

Stephanie

pamperedbecky said:
Sorry to hear this Carolyn! It's so frustrating! I've had more cancellations than normal too. My March is VERY empty. I wish I had some shows to do the egg thing at more!! When I did them at the last couple shows in February, I did get 3 bookings but all for April. I do have a couple more potential March shows, but I have a bunch of catalog shows.

Any ideas on how to translate this same thing into a catalog show? Really it's the host who would have to promote it. Any ideas on how I can do the egg thing? Maybe I can somehow use the same concept but just email the flyer to the hosts to pass along??? I REALLY need March bookings. I already have 8 cooking shows for April and that's even working around the 5-6 days we'll be gone on the cruise. It's March I need!!!
!

I just started adding the following to my catalog host letter and I already have a cooking show from it. Maybe you could do a similar twist?

BONUS: Refer a cooking show. When a friend books a cooking show, I’ll take 10% off your order at her show. That is in addition to your 10% Previous Host Discount, for a total 20% savings! Don’t forget, you’ll also be entitled to the Host Special in effect when he or she has their show.

Related to Dealing with Cancelled Bookings: Tips and Tricks for Desperate Hosts

What is the purpose of the "Warning: Whiny Post"?

The "Warning: Whiny Post" is a tool used by Pampered Chef consultants to vent their frustrations and seek support from their fellow consultants.

Who can see the "Warning: Whiny Post"?

The "Warning: Whiny Post" is a private group only accessible to Pampered Chef consultants. It is not visible to the general public.

Can I share my personal information in the "Warning: Whiny Post"?

No, we do not recommend sharing personal information in the "Warning: Whiny Post" as it is a public forum. Please keep all personal information private and only share with trusted individuals.

Can I use the "Warning: Whiny Post" to promote my own business or products?

No, the "Warning: Whiny Post" is intended for support and venting purposes only. We ask that you refrain from promoting your own business or products in this group.

How can I join the "Warning: Whiny Post"?

If you are a Pampered Chef consultant, you can request to join the "Warning: Whiny Post" by searching for the group on Facebook and clicking the "Join" button. Your request will be approved by a group administrator.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
musicalglow
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefa
  • babywings76