• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Demanding Hosts: Tips for New Recruits in Direct Sales

In summary, Kristin is dealing with a royal PITA who insists on doing 2 recipes on her first show. The host still wants 2 recipes, and Kristin doesn't want to lose the show over it. PC has suggested that Kristin prepare the nacho mixture to just bring and put on the nachos, and the host now wants Kristin to buy the ingredients for the brownies, because she's bought wine, other snacks, and stuff and it's getting expensive. Kristin is feeling stressed out and feels like she's already having problems with the host. Any suggestions?
sarahlegare
Is a royal PITA!! She's insisting on doing 2 recipes, which I told Krisin, my recruit, that I would let the host know she only does 1 demo for the show. The host still really wants 2 recipes & Kristin doesn't want to lose the show over it.
My director suggested that, since the host is still persistant, Kristin prepare the nacho mixture to just bring & put on the nachos. Well, now the host wants Kristin to buy the ingredients for the brownies, because she's bought wine, other snacks & stuff & it's getting expensive. I've told Kristin to let her know that the extra $15 is to help cover the costs of the ingredients. I feel so bad for Kristin, it's her first show, and she's already having issues with the host.
Any suggestions??!!

I know she wants the show but if she lets people walk over her, the bookings from the show may walk over her too.Make sure she emphasizes the following:1. She does 1 recipe per show.
2. If the host wants more, she is more than welcome to make them.
3. We demo a recipe, don't throw a party, although our shows are a party! ;)
4. The host did not have to buy wine, that was her choice, PC doesn't require it.
5. PC GENEROUSLY gives her $15 for providing the ingredients for the recipes, along with other AMAZING host benefits other companies don't provide.I don't know what else to say except to try to tactfully emphasize all that to this lady. Good luck! I hope it works out well...Oh, and remind this host she is ALSO getting a charter host gift for hosting this girl's first show...tell her it is stressful enough for a first show much less having the extras...Any chance YOU can talk to this host for her???? (Kind of playing the kind Mom looking out for your child...)

The nerve of some people. I do agree that she really needs to put her foot down. While she may not want to lose the show over this, she also may not want to have one of her first shows go like this. Like Janet said, the bookings from that show may do the same thing. Especially if the current host sticks her nose where it doesn't belong and starts talking ("Well, she did this for my show and I didn't have to pay for this" kind of thing). That being said, she should tell the host that she gets the $15 in FPV for providing the recipe ingredients. Have her refer the host to the host chart in the catalog that points this out. Also tell her that she will make 1 recipe during the show but if the host wants to prepare another recipe, she would be more than happy to offer her some recipes.

Tell her to tell the host she's trying to MAKE money with her new business!!! What nerve!! I love Janet's suggestions, too - excellent points!! This is her business and she can run it how she wants. Sounds like the host is taking advantage of her "newness". :(

Hi there, I completely understand your frustration with the situation. It can be difficult when a host is insistent on certain things and it goes against what you have planned for the show. However, as a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to be flexible and find a solution that works for everyone involved. I would suggest sitting down with the host and explaining the situation to her. Let her know that while you are happy to do two recipes, it may not be feasible for Kristin to prepare both of them. Offer to bring the ingredients for the nacho mixture and have Kristin demonstrate it as planned. As for the brownies, perhaps you can offer to bring the recipe and show it on a video or have Kristin walk the host through the steps without actually preparing them. It's also important to remind the host that the show is about having fun and learning new recipes, not about the cost of ingredients. If she is concerned about the extra cost, perhaps you can offer to split the cost with her or find a way to incorporate the ingredients into the show so they don't go to waste. In the end, it's important to maintain a positive attitude and find a solution that works for everyone. I'm sure Kristin will do a great job at her first show and hopefully, the host will understand and be happy with the outcome. Best of luck!

What is the "New Recruits 1st Host" program?

The "New Recruits 1st Host" program is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef for new consultants who have just joined the company. It encourages new consultants to launch their business by hosting their own party and earning rewards.

How do I qualify for the "New Recruits 1st Host" program?

To qualify for the "New Recruits 1st Host" program, you must be a new consultant who has joined Pampered Chef within the past 30 days. You must also host a party with at least $200 in sales and have one booking from that party. Both the party and the booking must occur within your first 45 days as a consultant.

What are the rewards for participating in the "New Recruits 1st Host" program?

The rewards for participating in the "New Recruits 1st Host" program include a free product credit based on the total sales from your first party, as well as a 10% bonus commission on all of your party sales during your first 45 days as a consultant.

Can I still earn my normal consultant rewards while participating in the "New Recruits 1st Host" program?

Yes, you can still earn your normal consultant rewards while participating in the "New Recruits 1st Host" program. However, the 10% bonus commission will only apply to your first party sales during your first 45 days as a consultant.

What happens if I don't meet the requirements for the "New Recruits 1st Host" program?

If you do not meet the requirements for the "New Recruits 1st Host" program, you will not be eligible for the special rewards. However, you can still launch your business and earn your normal consultant rewards through hosting parties and making sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• texasteacher
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
texasteacher
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
missyciccolella