• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing a Casual Cooking Show: Tips for Bookings, Sales, and Recruiting

A walk through the catalog show is where you walk the guests through your catalog and products. You might have a table set up with your products and a sign that says "Please ask me any questions." You should have brochures and some samples of your products with you to show the guests.
vogee13
I really need some input for a show that is coming up...

I have a lady that originally told me NO to hosting a show but came back the next day and said that she did want to host a show b/c it sounded like fun. I explained the details of a cooking show (she had never hosted before). She was very excited, asked for 60+ invitations and recently told me she had mailed/handed them all out. :love:

Ok so as I have been host coaching her nothing seemed to be different about our plans for the party other than she asked if we could do 2 recipes. I told her I would gladly prep the brei before the party and demonstrate the pesto pizzas (she request specifically) if she wanted to get the ingredients for 2 recipes.

Well, yesterday when touching base and delivering more invitations and catalogs (show in 1 week) she said she wanted this to be a real casual event, expecting 20 people, and didn't want to have a demonstration. She wanted her friends to be able to enjoy great food and wine and order without pressure. She didn't think a demonstration would be necessary.

I am not sure how to showcase products without a demonstration....

Here is what I have brainstormed so far but would greatly appreciate everyone's input:

- display recipes on simple editions and stoneware with small placecards stating what the product & recipe are
- have a small display of products from each catagore (chopper, knives, TTA)
- discuss the Prize Drawing slip in detail that is on each of my guest boards

What else can I do? She wants to prepare the recipes together before the show so how can I still get bookings, sales, and recruits. I really need books b/c my February is not looking to great.

It sounds like she's using you as a caterer. :rolleyes:I'd let her know that even if you don't do a full-out demo that you'll need about 20 minutes to hit highlights of the tools and host program. And then do just that. I hope her guests know that its a buying evening, not just a social gathering.

That's what I was thinking too... Definitely lay down what needs to be done for a successful show and remind her the benefits of being a host with a successful show. There's lots of threads about no-demo shows and catalog walk through show that you could employ in this kind of situation but she should be reminded that it will benefit her to make sure guests know that this is a more than just a social event.

Foremost explain to your host that this is your business and you are there to sell product and book more shows. You can let her know that you will set up the show like an open house with lots of product for the guest to look at. Insure her that you will not "pressure" any of her guest to buy. Many first time hosts have this fear. Pass out the catalogs when the guests arrive. Introduce yourself to each guests, tell them the guest specials, and let them know they can ask you any questions. You can conduct a very "low key" event and still sell a lot of products. When most people are sitting and sampling the food, you can ask if anybody has a favorite product. This will get the conversation going in the right directions. Periodically ask questions that will keep the conversation towards cooking and Pampered Chef.

Stay calm, circulate the group and be friendly.

I have done quite well at open houses you can too.

Ha! Ann...that was exactly what popped into my mind!

Even if she doesn't want a demo...I would do a catalog walk through.

Plus, mention about doing different "types" of shows so those in attendance don't think that the show this host wanted is the only ones you do. Let them know about our new Power Cooking Theme shows, etc.

Don't apologize to her, just tell her that's the way you have to do a show! It needs to be worth YOUR time too! (As in, you need to have sales to make it worth your time!)

Walk through the catalog?Could someone expand on what a "walk through the catalog" show is?

I've done a few office lunch shows where there wasn't time for a demo. I had something prepared ahead of time and had a table set up with my products. The only thing that I had to do while the guest were there was answer a few questions and accept some orders. My first office show produced one of my recruits. None of them were great on sales, but I'll do them again if I get the chance.
Bobby

You can also tell her that you your demo is the meat and potoes of your biz. and that is where many people book their shows so that she will be able to get the Host special each time some one has a show with a 60% savings. Give her the chance to do what some of your Hosts do and pre get your bookings.. SO that you both can be happy that you need x number of bookings and maybe even give her a couple of dates for each month that you are wanting booking and that you have a minum order requirement before the show since the whole purpose of the show is to get her as much few stuff as you can for her.

If you have a couple of stations set up with some hot products you could do mini demo's and have the special benefits our your biz. posted by the drinks and each station. Then do one on one with each customer/guest.

Reminder her though that this is how you get paid and you want her to have a good time but you are leaving your family at home just like she does when she goes to work.

Hope this helps but most of all just relax and hav fun you might be surprise how well you do. Let us know what happens.

How about if you remind her that part of the fun of a Cooking Show is seeing the products in use. Reassure her that you'll keep your demo really short, so they'll be plenty of time to shop. But that you are reserving this business appointment with her to present our products and services to her and her guests.

Don't dwell on the negative side - just try (as the lemonaid lady says) "to put a positive twist on it!" You'll grow from it! :balloon:

Maybe use this as a hands on show! It would be very laid back, especially if all hands are on deck!

Why not do a hands-on thing where the guests put the food together. It is really in to have the guests helping in the kitchen.

Update..I spoke with her again tonight...

She is downsizing - selling her house, etc after a divorce last year:( and she said that the amount of free products she earns isn't that important. She is "just glad she can help me out by hosting a show" and have a good time with her friends. She didn't like the interactive idea either.

She is a co-worker and terribly sweet. Guess all I can do is go with it and if nothing else maybe I will meet some new friends!

Side note: I did an interactive show (my first) the other night and it was amazing. Sales are at $900, 6 catalog bookings, 4 recruit leads! (11 guests at show) so I am sold on doing interactive shows. We made the enchilada recipe in the 30 min Cookbook and I had prepped the Brie recipe ahead of time. I didn't do anything like a normal cooking show!

vogee13 said:
Side note: I did an interactive show (my first) the other night and it was amazing. Sales are at $900, 6 catalog bookings, 4 recruit leads! (11 guests at show) so I am sold on doing interactive shows. We made the enchilada recipe in the 30 min Cookbook and I had prepped the Brie recipe ahead of time. I didn't do anything like a normal cooking show!
That's my girl!!! :D

great that's awesome keep up the good job

Ya never know who might book from that show. Even if it doesnt go over too well, it might lead you to the next one that well makes up for it.

Deep Breaths
Relax.
Go with It.

Why not ask the host to turn the show into a fundraiser for her favorite charity? If she doesn't want the product why not help out others? Just a thought...

What is the purpose of "Help! Odd Show Request..."?

The purpose of "Help! Odd Show Request..." is to assist consultants in handling unusual or challenging show requests from customers. These requests may include special dietary needs, unique event themes, or last-minute changes.

How do I access "Help! Odd Show Request..."?

"Help! Odd Show Request..." can be accessed through the consultant's Virtual Office on the Pampered Chef website. Simply log in and click on the "Resources" tab, then select "Help! Odd Show Request..." from the dropdown menu.

What resources are available in "Help! Odd Show Request..."?

"Help! Odd Show Request..." provides consultants with tips, advice, and templates for handling various types of odd show requests. It also includes a forum where consultants can share their experiences and ask for advice from their colleagues.

Is there a fee for using "Help! Odd Show Request..."?

No, there is no fee for using "Help! Odd Show Request...". It is a free resource provided by Pampered Chef to support consultants in delivering exceptional customer service.

Can I request additional support if I am still unsure how to handle an odd show request?

Yes, if you are still unsure how to handle an odd show request after utilizing the resources in "Help! Odd Show Request...", you can reach out to your team leader or the Pampered Chef Home Office for additional support and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • Nep2nfly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • rchamelin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies