• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Declined Card: HO Call-Back Wait Time Woes

In summary, the customer's card was declined twice and they had to resolve it over the phone. The wait time was 2.5-3 hours. The callback came around 3-1/2 hours later. The customer tried to call back and they would not take their call.
Jessamary
So, I have a question about a declined card, so I call the HO. The wait is 2.5 - 3 hours. So, I put in for the call-back. I get my call back 3 hrs. 15 minutes later...and I've been on HOLD for 11 minutes now!

I thought the whole point of the callback was to NOT wait on the phone! I am ticked! :grumpy:

That is weird! I wonder if they have had a lot of problems or something lately! I had a Guest's card declined twice last week. I called on Wednesday night around 8 and it was a 2-hour hold time! Maybe problems with the stoneware or something?? I know they are just working on November 14th Show orders right now. I did send in a product adjustment on a cracked stone today and it was shipped out tonight to my customer! I thought that was tremendous!

I love that they offer online resolution for the declined cards!

I have been on hold still 10:17pm

:chef:

wadesgirl said:
I love that they offer online resolution for the declined cards!

Yeah, but it was declined twice and I had to resolve it over the phone. Only I did that this afternoon based on what her husband said. She called like 15 minutes after I called HO and wants it on her card, so that's why I called HO.

And no, she can't do it. Oh well. And, I was on hold for 18 minutes before I got someone, in case you're wondering.

I waited more than 3 hours for a callback too .. tried to call back and they would not take my call!

But when the rep called (we were trying to track down a customer's exchange info ... she was very patient with the lack of information I had been given by this woman, who did not buy the stones from me) she explained that they were dealing with new software, which is a big source of frustration for them all because they are not used to this and neither are we ... they so want to give us the level of service we've become accustomed to!

Same here!! THis has been since last week!!
I asked, and the woman had no idea or explanation!!!
I hope this doesnt get worse as the holidays approach!
Nicole

Last night, as soon as I got home, I called "to get in line". At 6pm Eastern time, it was a 3hr 48min to 4hr 40min Call Back time!! I think the call back came around 3-1/2 hours later. (I would have been in bed if the call came in 4 hr and 40 minutes after I put in for my call back!!!)

I called two nights ago and there was no call back offered and I was on hold for an 1 1/2 hours before I talked to someone. In the meantime I sent an email because it was the last day I could get shipping paid for by the company and I didn't want to miss it by being on hold when they closed for the night and when the lady answered and I told her I had emailed as well just in case, she told me she couldn't help me then, I would have to wait for the email!

I did talk her into going ahead and doing the return for me - I had been on hold for more than and hour and a half!!!! but it took some work on my part.

I don't know what is going on, maybe they need more operators? A lot more oporators?

There's a new service system that the reps are still getting used to. That slows things down.And if the callback would be after closing time, then HO doesn't offer it as an option. That's why it wasn't offered to you (probably).

I wonder if they are inundated with complaints about the baking set that was on the outlet!

I called 8:03 am (7:03 central time) yesterday morning and was able to get a call back in 10 minutes. Because I work and my cell phone does not receive a signal in my office, it is hard to predict where I will be in 3 to 4 hours. I realize they have a new system and from what I understand, it runs slower (kind of like P3 does on our computers) but I really think HO should try to accomodate that.

I really hate to complain, but I have consultants getting frustrated.

I try to discourage debit cards because 90% of the time, this is why it declines. I have had guests with thousands of dollars in their debit account and it will not go through (even manually).

If it declines once, I ask the customer for another cc number or wait for a check to be sent.

I called yesterday for a declined card as well. The recording said that a call back would be something like 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours. I figured I sit on hold and just wait. Then the recording came on while i was on hold that hold time was the same amount of time. I was about to hang up when I heard that but then a rep came on almost immediately! I guess I was very Lucky!

Everytime I choose to hold, I wait for about 10 mins. I never put in for a call back anymore.

I am with you all too. I waited 3 hours on a call back two days ago. I was connected only to wait another ten minutes for someone to hop on the line. I chatted for 20 minutes (on and off hold) trying to figure out if I could order a V shape blade replacement for the old SLice and grate. FINALLY, she gives me a replacement #, and the program takes the #. Got a call today... sorry, they cannot fulfill the order!

WHAT?! UGH!

Hi Kristin!

DebbieJ said:
Hi Kristin!

Hey there my sweet friend! Been thinking about you. (Which is certainly God's way of making sure you are in my prayers) Love ya girl! ;)

1. How does "Ho...what the Heck?" differ from other Pampered Chef products?

"Ho...what the Heck?" is a unique product that combines the functionality of a spatula and a pair of tongs. It is perfect for flipping and serving delicate foods, such as fish, without breaking them apart.

2. Is "Ho...what the Heck?" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "Ho...what the Heck?" is dishwasher safe. Simply place it on the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning.

3. Can "Ho...what the Heck?" be used with non-stick cookware?

Yes, "Ho...what the Heck?" is safe to use with non-stick cookware. The silicone head will not scratch or damage the surface of your cookware.

4. How do I adjust the tension on "Ho...what the Heck?"?

To adjust the tension on "Ho...what the Heck?", simply turn the screw at the top of the handle to loosen or tighten the grip of the tongs. This allows for precision control when picking up and flipping foods.

5. Can "Ho...what the Heck?" be used for grilling?

Yes, "Ho...what the Heck?" is great for grilling. The silicone head can withstand high temperatures and the tongs make it easy to flip and serve foods on the grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cincychef
Replies
Views
Tanoi
  • whiteyteresa
  • General Chat
Replies