• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Declined Card for Your Online Show: What to Do Next

In summary, Becky asked the host to hold the order until the guest pays, and if the guest does not pay, the order will be cancelled. HO attempted to run the card again, and finally received a response. The card was declined again, and the order will be cancelled.
Becky0216
Good morning everyone. I have a question for you all.
I just submitted a show On Wed. and the show is being put on hold because someones card was declined. I have made several attempts to reach her and have even told the host at this point so she knows and can try to reach her. No luck so far. (possibly on a vacation for 2 weeks) no cell phone.

I have to call HO to get it straightened out. My question is, if we can't get ahold of her, her order has to be cancelled. So how will that affect the hosts FPV? The show came to 505.00 and this guests order was 12 dollars. Will they take away her additional $30 for this? Will they allow the host to add something to make it count again? I just want to have everything straight before I call.
Thanks
Becky

Last edited:
Yes, they will take away the host FPV. Since the order is only $12, have you considered paying for it yourself and having the guest reimburse you? If you do this, have the host hold that order until the guest pays or give the order to you and you contact the guest yourself.

If you think that she is on vacation - or if the host knows this, and you are fairly certain she will pay when she gets back, you can call HO, and let them know you are arranging another form of payment, and to just put it on your PC debit card. Then, you keep the product until you can get a hold of her and arrange for payment. Or if the host knows her, and is willing to front the money, she could collect payment from her when she delivers the product to her.

Ok, thank you. Can I get HO to attempt to bill the credit card again? Or wont they?

And always ask them to try running the credit card again at least 1 more time just to see...

Also, don't assume that your guest doesn't have the funds to cover - CC's will decline for a number of reasons. Everytime I have one decline it's because the expiration date was entered incorrectly.

I have a similar question. I had a show back in September that had a declined card. The guest said she'd send me a cheque so I paid for it. I asked the host to hold it but she sure didn't. I have never received a cheque despite calling the guest a number of times. Every time I call, she says she forgot and she'd get a cheque in the mail to me. It's $40 - should I keep calling or forget about it?

Winnipegk said:
I have a similar question. I had a show back in September that had a declined card. The guest said she'd send me a cheque so I paid for it. I asked the host to hold it but she sure didn't. I have never received a cheque despite calling the guest a number of times. Every time I call, she says she forgot and she'd get a cheque in the mail to me. It's $40 - should I keep calling or forget about it?

Goodness!!!! From September??

I'd send her a letter stating that if you do not receive the check within 10 days the items will be returned to PC. If she doesn't send it, either keep the items or return them to PC.

pamperedlinda said:
Also, don't assume that your guest doesn't have the funds to cover - CC's will decline for a number of reasons. Everytime I have one decline it's because the expiration date was entered incorrectly.

I've had that happen many times to.....it's my error that is causing the decline!:grumpy:

Ok, I just called HO and asked to re run the card. It went through thankfully. I didn't know I could call until I had a resolution. Thanks for the help though.
Numbers were correct, just didn't have enough funds that day.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've had that happen many times to.....it's my error that is causing the decline!:grumpy:
Yep, sometimes my fingers are way ahead of my brain!

1. What should I do if my card is declined?

If your card is declined, the first thing you should do is double check that you have entered all of your payment information correctly. Make sure the card number, expiration date, and security code are all correct. If everything is correct and your card is still being declined, you may need to contact your bank to see if there are any issues with your account.

2. Why was my card declined?

There are a few reasons why your card may have been declined. It could be due to insufficient funds, an expired card, or incorrect payment information. It is also possible that there is a hold or restriction on your card placed by your bank. If you are unsure of the reason, it is best to contact your bank for more information.

3. Can I try using a different card if mine was declined?

Yes, you can try using a different card if your first one was declined. Make sure to enter all of the payment information correctly and ensure that the card is active and has enough funds for the purchase.

4. Will I still be charged if my card was declined?

If your card was declined, you will not be charged for the transaction. However, some banks may place a temporary hold on the funds while the transaction is being processed. This hold will typically be released within a few business days.

5. Can I still place my order if my card was declined?

If your card is declined, you will not be able to complete your purchase. You will need to use a different form of payment or contact your bank to resolve the issue with your current card.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cincychef
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
Replies
Views
pampered1224