• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HO Called About Declined Credit Card | Resolving Issue at Home Tonight

In summary, if a customer calls about a declined credit card, it's important to remain calm and professional. Politely ask for their name and order number, and check the order for any issues with credit card processing. If the card is still declined, suggest trying a different credit card or alternative payment options. If the customer insists that their credit card should be working, listen to their concerns and explain possible temporary issues with credit card processing. If they are unable to provide an alternative payment method, offer to place the order on hold or suggest they contact their bank or credit card company. If the customer becomes upset, remain professional and offer alternative solutions. To prevent declined credit cards in the future, double check customer information and ensure your processing system is
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I just got a call from HO about a declined credit card! That's very different from the emails they use to send. Too bad I'm at work and couldn't resolve it but I told her I would take care of it when I got home tonight.

That's cool that they called you. The time that it happened to me, I got an email and didn't read it until late that night and it was too late to do anything about it.

I saw something recently about a new policy they have. They call you now to resolve, which is nice, 'cause as you say, we don't always get to our emails!

That's interesting. Just this Monday, the 16th, I submitted a $158 show. The one CC purchase was for $39, and they sent me an e-mail. I opened it about 5:30 EDT, and called immediately. They submitted the CC a second time and it still did not get accepted. I resolved it by increasing the debit to my PC card, so that the hostess would get the order as quickly as possible, and not lose her benefits. Wed. I received notice that it had shipped, and it will be delivered today. So, it appears how they handle it is not a definite
change in procedures. Maybe it is dependent on the size of the CC charge, or the size of the party being held up. I am curious how large was the party and the charge involved when they called rather than e-mailed?

The show had 22 guests but the charge was only $18. Maybe they weren't calling yet on Monday or are calling at random.

I just had a declined card and got an email on Monday. No phone call though.

What should I do if a customer calls about a declined credit card?

If a customer calls about a declined credit card, the first thing to do is to remain calm and professional. Politely ask the customer for their name and order number, and then check the order to see if there were any issues with the credit card processing. If the card was declined, try processing it again. If it still doesn't go through, ask the customer to try a different credit card or provide a different form of payment.

What if the customer insists that their credit card should be working?

If the customer insists that their credit card should be working, it's important to listen to their concerns and address them respectfully. You can explain that sometimes there can be temporary issues with credit card processing, and that you are happy to try processing the payment again. If the card still doesn't go through, suggest alternative payment options such as PayPal or a check.

What if the customer is unable to provide an alternative form of payment?

If the customer is unable to provide an alternative form of payment, you can offer to place the order on hold until they are able to resolve the issue with their credit card. Alternatively, you can also suggest that they reach out to their bank or credit card company to resolve the issue and then contact you to complete the order.

What if the customer becomes upset or angry about the declined credit card?

If the customer becomes upset or angry about the declined credit card, it's important to remain calm and professional. Validate their frustration and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Offer to help them find a solution or suggest alternative payment options. If the customer continues to be difficult, it's best to politely end the call and escalate the issue to a supervisor.

How can I prevent declined credit cards from happening in the future?

To help prevent declined credit cards in the future, make sure to double check the customer's information before processing the payment. Also, ensure that your credit card processing system is up to date and functioning properly. If you continue to experience frequent declined credit cards, it may be helpful to provide customers with a list of alternative payment methods such as PayPal or checks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cincychef
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
sharalam