• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB Chicken & Lava Cake - A Show Recap

In summary, the chicken on the deep covered baker did well but it was not a sales hit. A customer at the show decided to order the product after seeing it and the deep covered baker plans to continue talking about the product to increase sales.
PamperedChefLayla
Gold Member
So I had a show tonight. Which did ok but........ I did the chicken on the DCB and figured that would be a sure nuff seller. I talked about it during the whole show DCB this and DCB that. Everybody LOVED the chicken and I made the lava cake which was VERY Good. It came out perfect. I did sell 2 fluted pans and some other stoneware. But nobody brought the ever so lovely DCB. Grrrr. Not even one of my best customer's that was at the show. BUt I am trying to convince her to have a party to get it 20 - 50% off. I think I would have had some takers if it had been 20% off with the other stoneware. Grrrrr

I used it at a show this week too - and I didn't sell any at the show, but I did get 3 bookings for October - and 2 of those were so that they could get the DCB for 50% off. I definitely use it more as a booking tool than a sales tool...especially here in Michigan.

Then, this afternoon, I had a phone call from a lady who was at the show, wondering if I'd closed it yet...because she has been thinking about that Magic Pot and would like to add it to her order.

This has been the 2nd show of mine she's been to, and it took her 2 shows to decide she really needed the DCB!

ChefBeckyD said:
I used it at a show this week too - and I didn't sell any at the show, but I did get 3 bookings for October - and 2 of those were so that they could get the DCB for 50% off. I definitely use it more as a booking tool than a sales tool...especially here in Michigan.

Then, this afternoon, I had a phone call from a lady who was at the show, wondering if I'd closed it yet...because she has been thinking about that Magic Pot and would like to add it to her order.

This has been the 2nd show of mine she's been to, and it took her 2 shows to decide she really needed the DCB!

Well I hope my past customer decides the same thing. I have only sold 2 since April. I even offer a bundle. Well I am sure things will pick up. I am gonna keep talking about it until people buy one just so I will stop talking about it. LOL

PamperedChefLayla said:
Well I hope my past customer decides the same thing. I have only sold 2 since April. I even offer a bundle. Well I am sure things will pick up. I am gonna keep talking about it until people buy one just so I will stop talking about it. LOL

I stand corrected my DH who went to the show with me reminded me that someone did buy the DCB. I had totally forgotten since I had totaled her order and she casually mentioned she would go ahead and get it. I hope the young lady that said she would order through my site decides to get one. I know I love it and want another one. I hope I don't have to wait until April to get another one

I think as much as people are SO impressed by it and love it $69 can be a lot to swallow right now, especially when there are other things they want. It does work great as a booking tool if they can't afford to purchase it at the show.

I've been pointing out that if the deep covered baker keeps you out of the drive through line even a couple of times, it's paid for itself -- and you've eaten better to boot. For example, for a family of four, you would be hard pressed to drive through McDonald's for less than $20 to $25. I then tell them how I passed up the drivethrough one night, came home and put a pork loin inthe DCB, and some frozen vegetables in the microcooker and was eating a great meal 30 mintues later.

SuzcookinPC said:
I've been pointing out that if the deep covered baker keeps you out of the drive through line even a couple of times, it's paid for itself -- and you've eaten better to boot. For example, for a family of four, you would be hard pressed to drive through McDonald's for less than $20 to $25. I then tell them how I passed up the drivethrough one night, came home and put a pork loin inthe DCB, and some frozen vegetables in the microcooker and was eating a great meal 30 mintues later.

At my next show I will have to lead with the drive through comparison and that it pays for itself. Thanks

I've been having HUGE success with the 30 minute chicken/garlic bites/lava cake combo. My show Sunday, I sold 6 of them and seriously, not a single person asked me how much it was. Of course I had a show on Saturday doing the same recipes and didn't sell a single one but of the 8 or so guests 2 already own it from a previous show of mine LOL

I've been really focusing on asking questions and then giving them solutions. For example, I start by asking how many of you cook whole chickens...a few maybe...then I ask, those of you who do NOT, why not?...takes too long, etc....then I ask, how many of you cook chicken in your microwave...just a few...for those of you that don't, why not?...rubbery. Then I tell them, remember my Magic Pot I mentioned at the beginning of the show? What if I told you we can make a whole chicken, in 30 minutes, in the microwave? And I don't allow rubber chickens in my kitchen!

I do the chicken and once I put it in the microwave I do the garlic bites - also quick and easy. After those are in the oven I tell them something like - okay, we have about 20 minutes until our chicken is ready, 10 until the bisquits are done. Throw a salad in a bowl, steam a veggie on the stove - whatever you choose, and you have a complete dinner, how simple was that?

Then when the chicken comes out, I show it to them pointing out how much juice is in the pot even though I added NO liquid. I tell them they could use that to whip up a box of Stove Top really quickly while the chicken rests if they choose and oh the flavor will be SO much better than with plain water!

While they eat and fill out their order forms I tell them that if they aren't convinced the DCB is truly a Magic Pot that I'll be back in 12 minutes with an ooey gooey chocolate cake. Once that cake comes out and I dish some out on a plate, it's usually all over - they are convinced.

It doesn't always work, some guests can't spend that chunk of money no matter how many ways you justify it. Somehow eating out for $50-$60 is okay for some people but investing in a dish is just distressing. You won't be able to win everyone over but if you are enthusiastic about it and can give them a variety of meals to make in it, they'll have a hard time resisting. I also pass around a list of recipes by amount of time that can be made in the DCB in under 30 minutes. I have it framed even and I point out that the majority of the recipes actually fall into the 15 minute category. I just let that float around to help create meal ideas in their heads.

I've actually told Caressa that it's working so well for me I"m afraid to try any other recipe LOL

What is DCB Chicken & Lava Cake?

DCB Chicken & Lava Cake is a delicious recipe from Pampered Chef that combines savory chicken and a decadent chocolate lava cake in one dish. It is a popular dish for dinner parties, family gatherings, or just a special treat for yourself.

How do I make DCB Chicken & Lava Cake?

To make DCB Chicken & Lava Cake, you will need Pampered Chef's Deep Covered Baker and a few simple ingredients. First, you'll prepare the chicken and place it in the baker. Then, you'll mix the ingredients for the lava cake and pour it over the chicken. Finally, you'll bake it in the oven and enjoy the delicious combination of flavors.

Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of meat for this recipe, such as pork or beef, if you prefer. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure that the meat is fully cooked. You can also make a vegetarian version by substituting tofu or vegetables for the meat.

Do I need any special equipment to make DCB Chicken & Lava Cake?

The only special equipment you will need is Pampered Chef's Deep Covered Baker. This baker is specifically designed for making recipes like DCB Chicken & Lava Cake and helps to evenly cook the chicken and lava cake.

Can I make DCB Chicken & Lava Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make DCB Chicken & Lava Cake ahead of time by preparing it up until the baking step. Simply cover the baker and refrigerate until ready to bake. Just note that the cooking time may be a bit longer if starting with a cold dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
raebates
  • KellerCooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies