• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lava Cake in DCB: Success or Fail?

In summary, A DCB or Deep Covered Baker is a stoneware baking dish made by Pampered Chef. It is a popular choice among customers and can be used to make a delicious and decadent lava cake. The necessary ingredients for the lava cake are butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, eggs, sugar, flour, and vanilla extract. It is important to preheat the DCB before baking the lava cake to ensure a perfectly cooked and gooey center. The cooking time for a lava cake in a DCB is typically 12-15 minutes.
sunset424
Ok so I made the lava cake in the DCB last night in the microwave, I first cooked it for 10 mins. but it was still gooey looking in the middle so I did it for an additional 2 mins. and it looked done but the top was tough, inside was yummy but couldn't eat the top of the cake....any suggestions???

Thanks!

Maybe it just needed 1 minute extra? If it's tough on the top, that's usually from being overcooked. I cook mine for 11 minutes with the lid on. Then I check it. I press gently with a finger tip to see if it's spongy/springs from the touch. And if the center isn't gooey, then I take it out and take off the cover as it sits on the counter for 15 minutes.

Thanks Amanda! The recipe I have said to leave the cover off, so next time I'll try leaving it on. I'm new at this so learning as I go!

I cook it for 11 minutes with the top OFF .. take it out of the microwave and put the top on and letting it rest for 10 minutes.

I cook with the top ON for 12 minutes...

What is a DCB?

A DCB is a Deep Covered Baker, a stoneware baking dish made by Pampered Chef.

Can I make a lava cake in a DCB?

Yes, you can make a delicious and decadent lava cake in a DCB. It is a popular and successful recipe among our customers.

What ingredients do I need to make a lava cake in a DCB?

The ingredients you will need are butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, eggs, sugar, flour, and vanilla extract.

Do I need to preheat the DCB before baking the lava cake?

Yes, it is important to preheat the DCB in the oven before adding the lava cake batter. This helps to create a perfectly cooked and gooey lava center.

How long does it take to cook a lava cake in a DCB?

The cooking time for a lava cake in a DCB is typically 12-15 minutes. It is important to keep an eye on the cake and not overcook it, as the lava center is the star of this dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebinCincy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • chefnene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • BettieC