• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cyoc. Pecan Lattice Tart or the D. Chocolate Profiterols?

In summary, the group is discussing which dessert to make for a Fall preview show. The options are a pecan tart, regular profiteroles, and double chocolate profiteroles. It is decided that the first choice will be caramel sticky cakes to showcase a new silicone piece, but the second choice is still undecided. After a vote, it is agreed that the chocolate pecan lattice tart should be made. It is highly recommended and featured in the new book. Some members have already tasted it and it received rave reviews. Others suggest substituting almonds for pecans. Overall, the group agrees on the chocolate tart as the second dessert choice.
heat123
Silver Member
I am now undecided at this point on which to make at my Fall preview show? I've heard many raves about the pecan tart but the Regular profiteroles went over well at my Spring Tea party and thought the Double chocolate ones would be a hit too? I only want to make 2 desserts and decided on the Carmel sticky cakes as my 1st choice (to show off the new silicone piece) and now am stuck on my 2nd recipe??

Can I request a vote from everyone??!

Omg, the Chocolate Pecan Lattice tart is SOOOO good. Even better from the fridge the 2nd day! :D
For a show, I'd definately go with the Tart. Shows more products and higher value items.

I agree, the puffs are awesome, but I'd go with the tart since it's in the new book!

Go with the tart - show the picture on the trifold. Book shows!! Good Luck.

I'm doing the tart for my September shows. I actually haven't made it yet myself but have already given ingredients to my hosts. I'm glad it comes highly recommended by you all. :D

I tasted the Chocolate tart at our Cluster meeting. It is marvelous. I also made the Sticky Caramel Mini Cakes and the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding for my Sneak Preview party. They are all great recipes. I had to freeze my leftover mini cakes so that I would not eat every single one of them. They are dense and delicious!!! You don't even need to put the topping on them.
They are rich enough already.

I guess votes have decided the Choc. pecan tart! I wonder if almonds can be substitued for the pecans? I'm just not a huge fan of them and wonder if Almonds would work instead? What do you all think?

I say the choc. tart! It is so good!!:D

Related to Cyoc. Pecan Lattice Tart or the D. Chocolate Profiterols?

1. What does "Cyoc" stand for in the Pecan Lattice Tart?

"Cyoc" stands for "Create Your Own Crust". This allows for a customizable and unique crust for your tart.

2. Can I use a different type of nut in the Pecan Lattice Tart?

Yes, you can use any type of nut you prefer in the Pecan Lattice Tart. Some popular alternatives include walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts.

3. How difficult is it to make the D. Chocolate Profiterols?

The difficulty level of making the D. Chocolate Profiterols depends on your experience with baking and working with dough. The recipe does require some skill and attention to detail, but it is achievable for most home chefs.

4. Can I make the D. Chocolate Profiterols ahead of time?

Yes, the D. Chocolate Profiterols can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for up to a month.

5. Can I substitute the chocolate in the D. Chocolate Profiterols for another type of filling?

Yes, you can use any filling you prefer in the D. Chocolate Profiterols. Some popular alternatives include vanilla custard, fruit compote, or whipped cream.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• angmillar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
angmillar
  • gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • ChefPaulaB