• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Made the D Chocolate Profiterole Puffs?

In summary, the speaker has made regular puffs at a previous event and they were well received. They are now considering making chocolate puffs with mousse filling and berries for a future event. They ask for opinions on whether they are better or not as good as the regular puffs. The speaker shares their own experience with making chocolate puffs using chocolate cool whip and powdered sugar, as well as adding berries. They ask for feedback on whether the berries should be inside or outside the puffs. The speaker also mentions trying different flavors of whipped toppings to see what the crowd prefers. They plan on making the puffs next week using white chocolate pudding, half and half, and cool whip for the filling. They also mention making a strawberry version
heat123
Silver Member
I made the regular puffs at my last spring preview and they went over well! I was just wondering if anyone has tried the chocolate ones with mousse filling and berries?

If so what did you think? Better or not as good? I was thinking about making them for my Fall Preview but wanted some feedback first! I always ask opinions before making any new recipes!

How is your mousse prepared? I made some chocolate ones, only I just used the chocolate cool whip mixed with powdered sugar. They were yummy! Adding berries sounds good too...dumb question, but inside the puff or outside for garnish?
Of course, I'm one that thinks that if it's chocolate it's bound to be good:D

lacychef said:
How is your mousse prepared? I made some chocolate ones, only I just used the chocolate cool whip mixed with powdered sugar. They were yummy! Adding berries sounds good too...dumb question, but inside the puff or outside for garnish?
Of course, I'm one that thinks that if it's chocolate it's bound to be good:D

Good idea about the chocolate whip cream, didn't even think about that! Alot easier to prepare that way! They have so many flavored whipped toppings nowadays, I guess we can just play around with it and see what the crowd pleasers are! I may just try doing that with the chocolate, strawberry and french vanilla toppings and see what everyone likes better?!
BTW, the Berries were inside the puffs in the picture. Thanks for your idea!

I plan on making them next week. I'm gonna use the white chocolate pudding with half and half and some cool whip to make the filling. It's the same thing I use for the others. And they taste awesome.

The strawberry is yummy too! I made that kind during HWC month.

1. Can I make the D Chocolate Profiterole Puffs ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the puffs ahead of time and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, simply fill them with the chocolate filling and serve immediately.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the filling?

Absolutely! You can use any type of chocolate you prefer, whether it's dark, milk, or white chocolate. Just make sure to use the same amount as stated in the recipe.

3. How long does it take to make the D Chocolate Profiterole Puffs?

The total cooking and prep time for this recipe is about 45 minutes. However, it may take longer if you are not familiar with making profiteroles or if you are making a larger batch.

4. Can I freeze the D Chocolate Profiterole Puffs?

Yes, you can freeze the puffs before filling them. Once they are completely cooled, place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month. When ready to serve, thaw them at room temperature and then fill with the chocolate filling.

5. Can I substitute the cream for a dairy-free alternative?

Yes, you can use a dairy-free alternative such as coconut cream or almond milk in the chocolate filling. Just make sure to adjust the amount based on the thickness of the alternative you are using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
amya
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies