• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

White Chocolate Oreo Truffles for Kids' Halloween Cooking Class

In summary, the Oreo truffles with white chocolate were delicious. The recipe is a Pampered Chef recipe.
catlwilles
Gold Member
I'm doing a Halloween cooking class for kids and was wondering if anyone has made the Oreo truffles with white chocolate instead of regular milk chocolate. Were they good? I thought the kids might have fun turning them into eyeballs.

catlwilles said:
I'm doing a Halloween cooking class for kids and was wondering if anyone has made the Oreo truffles with white chocolate instead of regular milk chocolate. Were they good? I thought the kids might have fun turning them into eyeballs.
Sounds cute. Is that Oreo truffle recipe a Pampered Chef recipe?

Here's the recipe I have. I am not 100% sure it's a PC recipe though.

Oreo Truffle Balls

Chocolate (I prefer the discs - Michaels and Walmart have them and I'm sure other places too...)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 pkg. Oreo Cookies

Chop the entire package of Oreo cookies with the Food Chopper. Mix with cream cheese. Scoop out balls of mixture using the Small Scoop. Place in freezer until firm (30 minutes to 1 hour). Melt chocolate in double boiler. Dip cookies in melted chocolate, one at a time, and place on parchment paper or wax paper until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Other tips: You can use white, milk or dark chocolate and drizzle another color to make creative designs. For the holidays, you can use food coloring in the white chocolate. Easy and fun!!

I have dipped them in white almond bark use the squeeze tubes of frosting (or candys for the eyeball) and the red gel for veins to amke them bloodshot

cool! I'd love to see a picture of some eye balls! sounds like fun!

I made them for my Bunco group last October. Our family is really into decorating for Halloween (including bedrooms and bathrooms) :)

One of my fun serving trays is a hand holding a serving platter that roams around on the counter. I cleared all the food from dinner and put desserts out. I put a plate stacked with about 40 eyeballs and I turn it on as they walk in the kitchen. one of my more rambunctious friends thought it was going to fall so she tries to catch it and actually tips it and eyeballs rolled everywhere. Because they had all screamed my son and husband come downstairs and there are 12 women on their hands and knees with their fannies in the air eating eyeballs off the floor. Now mind you I am a neat freak and we don't have the 5 second rule at my house never have. I was starting to throw them in the trash nd they asked if I had more I said no I made other desserts though. They weren't going to let them go to waste so they sat on the tile and ate them.

That's too funny! We love Halloween at my house too! I'm still trying to decide which recipes to make for my class, but I think I'll do these with the kids, they'll love them!

Teresa Lynn said:
I made them for my Bunco group last October. Our family is really into decorating for Halloween (including bedrooms and bathrooms) :)

One of my fun serving trays is a hand holding a serving platter that roams around on the counter. I cleared all the food from dinner and put desserts out. I put a plate stacked with about 40 eyeballs and I turn it on as they walk in the kitchen. one of my more rambunctious friends thought it was going to fall so she tries to catch it and actually tips it and eyeballs rolled everywhere. Because they had all screamed my son and husband come downstairs and there are 12 women on their hands and knees with their fannies in the air eating eyeballs off the floor. Now mind you I am a neat freak and we don't have the 5 second rule at my house never have. I was starting to throw them in the trash nd they asked if I had more I said no I made other desserts though. They weren't going to let them go to waste so they sat on the tile and ate them.

That is too funny! You didn't make extra?!?!? :eek: I'd be eatin 'em off the floor to! I'm getting hungry... time to eat dinner :)

They have eyeball cupcakes at kraftfoods.com website. That might give you a visual. They look fun for Halloween. HTH

1. What ingredients do I need to make White Chocolate Oreo Truffles?

To make White Chocolate Oreo Truffles for Kids' Halloween Cooking Class, you will need:

• 1 package of Oreo cookies
  • 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
  • 12 ounces of white chocolate chips
  • Halloween-themed sprinkles or decorations

2. Can I use regular chocolate instead of white chocolate?

Yes, you can use regular chocolate instead of white chocolate for this recipe. However, the white chocolate gives the truffles a festive Halloween look. You can also use dark or milk chocolate for a different flavor.

3. How many truffles does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 24 truffles, depending on the size of the truffles you roll.

4. Can I make these truffles ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these truffles ahead of time. They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to a month.

5. Can I use a food processor to crush the Oreo cookies?

Yes, you can use a food processor to crush the Oreo cookies. Alternatively, you can place the cookies in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin or use a blender. Just make sure the cookies are finely crushed before adding them to the cream cheese mixture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies