• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holiday Puffs: Creative Fillings for a Festive Treat

In summary, the conversation revolves around different flavors and ideas for cream puffs, with a focus on holiday flavors such as pumpkin. Participants also discuss different types of fillings and their experiences with making cream puffs. There is also mention of a magazine article featuring various cream puff recipes, including a showstopping "Profiterole Ring" dessert. Some participants share their preferred way of pronouncing "profiterole." Overall, the conversation provides many new ideas and tips for making delicious cream puffs.
pamperedinAlaska
Silver Member
I love these dainty little puffs, and was wondering if anyone has experimented with more "holiday" flavors...pumpkin, etc. I personally love the pudding/whipcream fillings. I've done regular vanilla, cheesecake and chocolate.

also, how do you say it!

I have thought about doing some sort of pumpkin filling, but haven't tried it. Keep us posted if you do.

Pro fit a role

My husband made them byadding raspberry jam to the mix. It was good.

I think I'm going to try some butterscotch pudding, maybe going a little lite on the butterscotch. I'll let you know.

Profiterole IdeaI just picked up a copy of a magazine called Christmas Baking by Better Homes and Gardens.

They had an article about Cream Puffs with several versions - Almond Cream filling; Canoli-style filling with Ricotta cheese; Triple Chocolate with chocolate dough, white chocolate pudding filling and hot fudge sauce; Chocolate Eclairs and a showstopper called Paris-Brest.

The Paris-Brest is basically a "Profiterole Ring". The mounds of dough were piped in a circle on the baking sheet, with sides touching. A photo shows the dough in a pastry bag with a star tip piped onto the baking sheet. I bet that we can use the EAD for this. After baking the ring is carefully transferred to a rack to cool.

I can imagine this being cooked on the large round stone, then presented on the SA large platter using the EAD to pipe on the filling and whipped cream topping. Then the ring can be garnished any way you want.

I am definitely going to try this out for our next family dinner.

Another thing I just noticed the article says - "make an extra batch of puffs to keep in the freezer for spur-of-the-moment desserts and appetizers (just fill with chicken or seafood salad)". I don't know how the puffs are after defrosting but putting in savory fillings sounds yummy.

Lots of new ideas to try,
Linda

when you do the puffs with the pudding in it do you add the whipped cream also or just do the pudding mix I am planning on making these for a dinner on fri

ShanaSmith said:
I have thought about doing some sort of pumpkin filling, but haven't tried it. Keep us posted if you do.

Pro fit a role

For the pumpkin filling try the one from the Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets recipe from the Seasons Best F/W 2002 (I have this from before I became a consultant).

1 can (15oz) solid pack pumpkin
2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
1 tsp. Pantry Cinnamon plus Spice Blend, (I'll bring this)
1 package (3.4oz.) Cheesecake Instant Pudding and Pie Filling

This filling is super delicious and my mom took a plate of these tartlets to her co-workers that couldn't go to her show Sat and she increased her sales over $200. I know this isn't the thread for recipes, but if anyone wants the tartlet recipe let me know. I'm only on show #2 ( I hit Level 1 and my SS month 1 bonus so far) so I'm glad to contribute what I can.

Marisol

adventurechef said:
I just picked up a copy of a magazine called Christmas Baking by Better Homes and Gardens.

They had an article about Cream Puffs with several versions - Almond Cream filling; Canoli-style filling with Ricotta cheese; Triple Chocolate with chocolate dough, white chocolate pudding filling and hot fudge sauce; Chocolate Eclairs and a showstopper called Paris-Brest.

The Paris-Brest is basically a "Profiterole Ring". The mounds of dough were piped in a circle on the baking sheet, with sides touching. A photo shows the dough in a pastry bag with a star tip piped onto the baking sheet. I bet that we can use the EAD for this. After baking the ring is carefully transferred to a rack to cool.

I can imagine this being cooked on the large round stone, then presented on the SA large platter using the EAD to pipe on the filling and whipped cream topping. Then the ring can be garnished any way you want.

I am definitely going to try this out for our next family dinner.

Another thing I just noticed the article says - "make an extra batch of puffs to keep in the freezer for spur-of-the-moment desserts and appetizers (just fill with chicken or seafood salad)". I don't know how the puffs are after defrosting but putting in savory fillings sounds yummy.

Lots of new ideas to try,
Linda

the puffs themselves are fine after freezing as long as they are put in an air tight container.

I say it Pro FIT uh ROLL-y. Is that stupid??

MGG Thank you for the filling idea, that sounds great!

Related to Holiday Puffs: Creative Fillings for a Festive Treat

1. What is the recipe for the holiday puffs?

The recipe for holiday puffs is a secret blend of ingredients from Pampered Chef, but it typically includes a combination of flour, butter, eggs, and other flavorings like vanilla or cinnamon.

2. Can I use pre-made puff pastry for this recipe?

Yes, you can use pre-made puff pastry for this recipe. Just make sure to follow the package instructions for baking time and temperature.

3. What types of fillings can I use for the holiday puffs?

You can use a variety of fillings for the holiday puffs, including sweet options like jam, chocolate, or fruit, as well as savory options like cheese, meats, or vegetables.

4. Can I make these holiday puffs ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the holiday puffs ahead of time. After baking, let them cool completely and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be reheated in the oven before serving.

5. Can I freeze the holiday puffs?

Yes, you can freeze the holiday puffs. After baking and cooling, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be reheated in the oven straight from the freezer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies