• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Festive Dots Christmas Ribbon: Perfect for Homemade Holiday Gifts!

In summary, a crafter found a cute Christmas ribbon in a Dots pattern at Hobby Lobby and used it for various holiday decorations. She plans on using it for future events as well. Another person asked for a picture and information on where to buy it, and it was revealed to be the Seven Daughters brand of wine. However, the website did not list where it could be purchased in Michigan due to strict alcohol distribution laws. Others suggested checking local wine stores or alternative retailers like Whole Foods or Target.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday, getting supplies for Homemade For The Holidays shows, and I found the cutest Christmas ribbon in a Dots pattern!

I bought it in a wide, wired ribbon, and also a thin ribbon. I used the wide around a layered small batter bowl, and around the bamboo bowl w/ S&P grinders and tongs. I used the thin ribbon around a Cranberry Crunch Bark Tree wrapped in a cellophane bag, and around the harvest pumpkin mini loaves I baked.

It all looked so cute and festive, and people absolutely loved it!

I'm planning on doing more with it for the Vendor Fair I have this Saturday, and for the PTO Fundraiser I have next Wednesday. It's not an exact match to our Dots pattern, but it doesn't clash either - it looks really great!

Any chance of a picture Becky?

PamperedDor said:
Any chance of a picture Becky?

Um, no....I seem to have lost my port to load pictures from the camera to the computer.....and I can't figure out how to load just one or two pictures using my SD card. I don't want to load all of them.

DH moved the furniture in my office for me one day, and I haven't been able to find anything since then! And he has no clue what I'm even talking about when I ask about it.

That sounds so cute!!! Yes--a picture would be awesome!! :D

Can you tell us what brand and item # or whatever it is, so I can see if AC Moore or Michael's has it? That sounds fantastic!

Has anyone found that brand of wine that is in the picture in the CN? It's on page 9 and 13. I'm going to look when I grocery shop, today, but I wanted to go online to see where I could find it. For some reason, MI isn't listed as a state where they can post the stores. Weird laws. I wanted to make a display like the one in the CN. I guess it would be cheaper to buy the ribbon and tie it around a less expensive wine. I hadn't planned on going to Hobby Lobby, though. I might have to do that.

JAE - its called Seven daughters - there are reds and whites and it comes from CA -

http://www.sevendaughterswine.com/

Here is the link to the website -

Yes, I read that it was Seven Daughters, but the website doesn't list where in Michigan you can buy it. For some reason they can't list for some states. Weird.

Okay - I checked Hobby Lobby's website, and they don't have pictures of everything - but I found this picture of a paper ribbon that is the same design as the ribbon I bought....

http://www.craftsetc.com/store/search.aspx?searchTerm=christmas+ribbon

Jae - sorry , I must have misread your question -

I know that you can go to your local wine store and ask - our guy will get us almost anything we want from his distributor - and if you buy a case its cheaper -

Here in IL it's sold at Target, so I bet you can find it at Target in MI too.Also Whole Foods and Wild Oats.

JAE said:
Yes, I read that it was Seven Daughters, but the website doesn't list where in Michigan you can buy it. For some reason they can't list for some states. Weird.

My theory, and it's only a theory, is that it's related to the archaic alcoholic beverage distribution system in Michigan. There are a limited number of distribution companies allowed to do business in Michigan, and they don't necessarily report to the suppliers where the product is ending up. The suppliers are not allowed to do business directly with the retailers, so unless they get a list from the distributor with whom they deal, they don't know what stores carry it.

Dor's idea is probably the best- go to your local wine shop and ask if they can order it for you.

DebbieJ said:
Here in IL it's sold at Target, so I bet you can find it at Target in MI too.

Also Whole Foods and Wild Oats.

We don't have Whole Foods or Wild Oats.:grumpy:

And the Target by me doesn't sell alcohol!

I wonder if Meijers would have it?

Deb - did you notice the pricing on it ?

PamperedDor said:
Deb - did you notice the pricing on it ?

No, I didn't. Sorry!

chefann said:
My theory, and it's only a theory, is that it's related to the archaic alcoholic beverage distribution system in Michigan. There are a limited number of distribution companies allowed to do business in Michigan, and they don't necessarily report to the suppliers where the product is ending up. The suppliers are not allowed to do business directly with the retailers, so unless they get a list from the distributor with whom they deal, they don't know what stores carry it.

Dor's idea is probably the best- go to your local wine shop and ask if they can order it for you.

Weighing in on this...

ChefAnn, your theory is close. One of my past lives was a partner in a beer/wine wholesale operation here in Ann Arbor, 23 years of past life to be exact. Michigan is what they refer to as a "three tier state" meaning that suppliers must sell to a wholesaler, who in turn must sell to retailers. No going up or around. Recently, in the past 5 or so years, they did privatize the liquor end, but that still runs through distributors who in turn sell it to retailers. There are a number of distributors and the number is only limited by who wants to invest in that sort of businesss and what brands that company can acquire. Some may view this as archaic, but it has kept jobs here in Michigan.

That all being said, most brands are exclusive to the wholesaler, at least for an area. Any good supplier will ask for customer reports of who is buying their brands so that when they do visit (which for some is seldom, for others often) the trade they can visit the retailers who are supporting their brands. My suppliers were constantly after me for detailed "who's buying reports, depletions, and a whole plethora of other info. If they say they can't tell you who carries it in Michigan, my guess would be that they don't have a distributor here in the state.

Just my 4.7 cents on that topic.

PamperChefCarol said:
Weighing in on this...

ChefAnn, your theory is close. One of my past lives was a partner in a beer/wine wholesale operation here in Ann Arbor, 23 years of past life to be exact. Michigan is what they refer to as a "three tier state" meaning that suppliers must sell to a wholesaler, who in turn must sell to retailers. No going up or around. Recently, in the past 5 or so years, they did privatize the liquor end, but that still runs through distributors who in turn sell it to retailers. There are a number of distributors and the number is only limited by who wants to invest in that sort of businesss and what brands that company can acquire. Some may view this as archaic, but it has kept jobs here in Michigan.

That all being said, most brands are exclusive to the wholesaler, at least for an area. Any good supplier will ask for customer reports of who is buying their brands so that when they do visit (which for some is seldom, for others often) the trade they can visit the retailers who are supporting their brands. My suppliers were constantly after me for detailed "who's buying reports, depletions, and a whole plethora of other info. If they say they can't tell you who carries it in Michigan, my guess would be that they don't have a distributor here in the state.

Just my 4.7 cents on that topic.

Thanks for the explanation, Carol!

Found it at Meijer for $11.99.

Hobby Lobby has 40% off coupons online in their weekly specials. Also Michaels and JoAnn's takes their coupons. Hobby lobby only takes their own. Just thought I'd add that...sounds like a really cute idea!

I bought the dots Christmas ribbon the other day at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. I had printed a coupon but forgot to bring it. Thankfully it was on sale. Don't know if it's still on sale this week.

It was really cute. The wine display was pretty, too. I did a drawing for the wine. Everyone wanted in on that one. I also sold one set of the Dots Stemware.

JAE said:
Found it at Meijer for $11.99.

It was a LOT cheaper at your Meijer than at mine! I found both (red and white) at my Meijer this week for $15.99 each. :eek:

chefann said:
It was a LOT cheaper at your Meijer than at mine! I found both (red and white) at my Meijer this week for $15.99 each. :eek:

I found it at Meijers - for $13.49. So, more than JAE's, but less than Ann's.

Things are usually cheaper at the Meijer's by JAE though, because she has a Super Walmart right down the street from her Meijers. There isn't one around here, so there isn't any competition.

BTW - Our Hobby Lobby's ad says Christmas ribbon is still 1/2 off this week, and there is a 40% coupon for non sale things. I saw some really cute dots wrapping paper that wasn't on sale. Maybe I'll go back and get it if I can just remember to bring the coupon.

Just curious, but are you planning to sell the wine with the glasses? Or are you just planning to use it as part of your display? I have not taken my wine glasses with me to my shows out of fear of breaking them!
Trina

I had a drawing for the wine because we don't really drink, and it was at my own party at my house with my friends. Normally, I would not have a drawing to give away wine. It costs too much, but everyone was excited about winning it. All my friends drink!

I do love how it all looks together... I am thinking about getting a bottle of each to display at home with my glasses too on our bar!Trina

1. What is the length of the Dots Christmas Ribbon?

The length of the Dots Christmas Ribbon is 10 feet.

2. Can the Dots Christmas Ribbon be used for baking or cooking?

No, the Dots Christmas Ribbon is not suitable for use in cooking or baking as it is made of polyester material.

3. Is the Dots Christmas Ribbon machine washable?

Yes, the Dots Christmas Ribbon is machine washable. We recommend using a gentle cycle and air-drying to preserve the quality of the ribbon.

4. Can the Dots Christmas Ribbon be used for other crafts besides gift wrapping?

Yes, the Dots Christmas Ribbon is versatile and can be used for a variety of crafts such as wreath making, hair bows, and holiday decorations.

5. Are there other color options available for the Dots Christmas Ribbon?

Yes, the Dots Christmas Ribbon is available in red and green color options as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
Back