• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Got a Question About Filling for Profiterole Puffs

In summary, the conversation discusses a potential recipe for pumpkin dip that could be used as a filling for profiterole puffs or spiced pumpkin tartlets. The speaker suggests using a pumpkin cheesecake pudding mix with milk and whipped topping for a lighter filling. They also mention the availability of a pumpkin flavor pudding mix and the possibility of using it as a filling for the puffs. The conversation also includes a mention of a pumpkin bar recipe and the speaker's love for pumpkin-flavored treats. They also mention their difficulty in finding certain ingredients and express their appreciation for the helpfulness of the website and its members.
whiteyteresa
Could or would this dip (creative cutters recipe)

1 15oz can of Solid Pack Pumpkin
1 box of Cheesecake pudding
1 8oz tub of Cool Whip
1 teaspoon of our Cinnamon Plus Seasoning

Work well with the profiterole puffs as a filling

or

do you have a filling for the puffs that would be good for the halloween/thanksgiving season

Thanks for your help

~

If you were going to do that, I'd use a little milk (1 cup) with the pudding mix, to lighten it up a little, as well as not using the entire can of pumpkin. Otherwise it would be pretty heavy. But it would be really tasty!

Alternately, you could mix 1 box of pumpkin flavor pudding (seasonal flavor) with 1 cup milk, and fold in 1 8 oz. tub whipped topping. It wouldn't be as pumpkiny as using a can pf pumpkin, but it would be a light and fluffy filling.

I looked last year for this pumpkin pudding and couldn't find it

I have checked again this year and so far this year at Wal-Mart's market and Martins doesn't have it. I will be checking everyday for that and buy as much as I can. I love the taste of pumpkin anything.

Those are the only two major markets we have here. We have a few smaller/cheaper markets in this little town.

Thanks for the info. I think this would be good finger food recipe to take to the teachers lounge one day next month. I am going to make mini bundt pumpkin cakes for the teachers lounge on there Thanksgiving Day luncheon next month also.

~

Sounds like the filling for the spiced pumpkin tartlets too. But those are lighter. I bet the filling for those tartlets would work for the puffs.

I love the flavor of pumpkin as well. :) And it would make an awesome filling for the puffs. Ooh- then drizzle them with caramel sauce. mmm.....

Great. I made myself hungry for them, and I'm stuck here at work.

I'm so sorry Ann that I made you hungry ;)

I go to D Q once a week when they start selling there pumpkin flavor treats :thumbup:

I love :love: the milk shakes from McD's also. I am glad they are only seasonal only

~

5 words: Costco eleven inch pumpkin pie. mmm..... DH and I usually have one in the fridge at all times during the fall and winter. :)

There was another thread from the weekend looking for pumpkin ideas. Did you see that one? I posted my pumpkin bar recipe in there - love those things!

I wish I lived close to a Costco or even a Sam's club - there have been talk about one of them coming to this town but nothing yet.

Yes, I do remember seeing that thread now, so sorry, I should have posted this question in that thread.

I will try to do a search before submitting another thread

Thanks for your help

I bought the ingredients for the dip recipe above over the weekend and after talking about this, I am letting the cool whip thaw out and I am going to start the tortilla cut-out now so that they will be ready for when the dip is made

Thanks again

~

~

I wasn't trying to tell you to do a search- I just thought that, as a pumpkin fan, you'd like the suggestions in that thread. Sorry if it came off as a scolding - that's not how I meant it.

And I didn't mean for what I said to come off the wrong way either,

I need to get better at doing things on the website better.

This website is soooooo amazing and has so much info that something - okay most of the time- I don't do a search before I post to know if there is anything else posted that is simpilar tov what I want to know.

I don't want to hurt anyones feelings because I love this site and love how everyone shares everything and I do mean everything.

Oh by the way Ann you weren't scolding anyone, you was just giving me info.

Thanks Ann for all you do for us on this website, you post so much helpful information and help so many people - THANK YOU

~

What is the best way to fill profiterole puffs?

The best way to fill profiterole puffs is to use a pastry bag or a plastic bag with the corner cut off. This will allow you to easily and neatly fill the puffs with your desired filling.

What type of filling is traditionally used for profiterole puffs?

The traditional filling for profiterole puffs is a pastry cream or whipped cream. However, you can also use a variety of sweet or savory fillings such as chocolate ganache, fruit compote, or chicken salad.

Can I make the filling ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the filling for profiterole puffs ahead of time. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. It is best to fill the puffs right before serving for optimal freshness.

How do I prevent my profiterole puffs from getting soggy?

To prevent your profiterole puffs from getting soggy, make sure to let them cool completely before filling them. You can also poke a small hole in the bottom of the puffs to release any excess steam. If you are making them ahead of time, store the unfilled puffs in an airtight container at room temperature.

Can I freeze profiterole puffs?

Yes, you can freeze profiterole puffs. After baking, let them cool completely and then store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to serve, let them thaw at room temperature and then fill them with your desired filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Michelle817
Replies
Views
mellissacooks4you
  • pampchefsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies