• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Doesnt Have Miney Know/ What to Do????

In summary, the host from last week was disappointed because she couldnt get everything she wanted. She had mentioned that she would have had the money next week, meAning today. So, i offered to pay for it know as long as she was going to pay me todAy. Now shes telling me that she cant pay for it until next week because of a cracked windsheild!!!
naekelsey
Gold Member
My host from last week was disappointed because she couldnt get everything she wanted. She had mentioned that she would have had the money next week, meAning today. So, i offered to pay for it know as long as she was going to pay me todAy. Now shes telling me that she cant pay for it until next week because of a cracked windsheild!!! How would You respond to this?? I need the money now.

Do you have the products or does she? If you do, give her a deadline and if she misses it then send them back. If she does I would kindly remind her that you have fronted the money for her and that your family needs that money like she originally promised.Please learn from this - never front for anybody, even if you have the money available. it can lead to a bad situation even though you feel like you are helping someone out.

I did this too and got burnt. So I slowly kicked myself around the block a few times. The problem I had was that this catalog show was in a Chicago burb and I never did get the money or the products to send back. The host never called me again. So I assume she was in on it.

Next time.....you could say....So sorry you couldn't get everything you wanted; but now that you have your wish list let's book another show.

I understand your kind heart and being that this is OUR business to run as we will, we do have to run it like a Business. Would WalMart give her the things she wanted and tell her to pay me next week?
I know it sounds cold and heartless but we have to have that side of us too or people will take all they can get.

I hope it all works out for you!! and please don't let this dissuade you from continuing your business!!

I have learned my lesson and won't do this again!! I had this happen, then a ck bounce for over $100 along with what my bank charged me and someone's credit card not go through all in a 2 day period. (c/c is another long story) She doesn't have the items yet so that helps!! She is now saying Thurs and if not I will just have to keep the items and sell them.

big hug girl!! hope it all works out for you!!

I agree, I tell my recruits not to fall in that trap. Kroger wouldn't let you walk out with a ribeye that was on sale with the promise to pay it off next week when you shop.

naekelsey said:
I have learned my lesson and won't do this again!! I had this happen, then a ck bounce for over $100 along with what my bank charged me and someone's credit card not go through all in a 2 day period. (c/c is another long story)

She doesn't have the items yet so that helps!! She is now saying Thurs and if not I will just have to keep the items and sell them.

Have the items shipped yet? If not, maybe you can call HO and have them rerouted to you. Then YOU will have the products and more control over the situation.

I have had all my shows shipped to me. (gives me more face time with my hosts and so far its working for me) So the items haven't been given to her yet. Crossing my fingers that I get it Thursday night or Friday morning. I just received her show today. I am learning so awesome lessons, even after being off n on with PC since 04. Just amazes me how the reason they can't pay or we have to wait for a bounced ck or etc, is always more important then putting food on our tables or any other necessity we have to get...Thank Gorsh this hasn't happened often and hasn't turned me against selling...

(((hugs)))I don't front money either. I did tell one host that we could call all the guests & see if they would mind waiting a few more days to submit their orders and she decided she was happy with what she could afford right now. LOL I do show all my hosts booking off themselves so that they qualify for current host special AND past host special if they host again in 6 months. That's usually enough to get them to do another show soon. They can get double host benefits & more off their wish list. ;)

Sheila said:
(((hugs)))

I do show all my hosts booking off themselves so that they qualify for current host special AND past host special if they host again in 6 months. That's usually enough to get them to do another show soon. They can get double host benefits & more off their wish list. ;)

I started doing this in January. Its the first thing I do when I set up the show. I put my host in as a booking for 5 months out from her show date. Then I tell them I have done this and the benefits they can reap from it, also the importance of having a wish list so that I can contact them if something on that wish list becomes a host special between now and then.

It was a GREAT Friday the 13th for me! I received the money for the bounced ck AND the money I let my customer "borrow" YAY!! So over $200 collected. Now to get more bookings for this month.

WooooHoooo! In China 13 is considered a lucky number and Friday the 13th an especially lucky day. Since this is the year of the Dragon you even have that going for you (prosperity)!

WHOO HOO for you!!!!!!!! So glad it all worked out for you.

I am so glad this all has worked out in your favor!!

Glad to hear it worked out for you!

If I can piggy back onto your thread, kelsey, I am in a similar situation, but it's a guest whose credit card was declined. She horsed around changing her order several times, so that delayed me submitting. Then when I finally submitted, her card got declined.

Trouble getting in touch with her, finally connected and she swore she called and got her balance (it's a prepaid debit card) and there was plenty of money on it. So I do the card resolution and it gets declined again. Frustrating.

So my options were to totally enter a new show & have to call other customers to get their card numbers again, or use my own card, so that is what I ended up doing - using my own card.

My question is, was there a 3rd option? Could I have called PC and just had her order removed? It would have changed all the host benefits.

ShellBeach said:
Glad to hear it worked out for you!

If I can piggy back onto your thread, kelsey, I am in a similar situation, but it's a guest whose credit card was declined. She horsed around changing her order several times, so that delayed me submitting. Then when I finally submitted, her card got declined.

Trouble getting in touch with her, finally connected and she swore she called and got her balance (it's a prepaid debit card) and there was plenty of money on it. So I do the card resolution and it gets declined again. Frustrating.

So my options were to totally enter a new show & have to call other customers to get their card numbers again, or use my own card, so that is what I ended up doing - using my own card.

My question is, was there a 3rd option? Could I have called PC and just had her order removed? It would have changed all the host benefits.

Sounds exactly like the situation I had last month. I also ended up paying with my credit card and collecting from the guest later.
I think the 3rd option would have been to meet with the guest instead of paying with your credit card and collect cash from her, or possibly a check if you trust her enough that it won't bounce.

Well...I couldn't get in touch with her, so I'm not sure she will still pay for it. She basically cancelled her order and said, "Sorry".

Keeping my fingers crossed she'll still want it. Otherwise I have paid full price for some items I don't really want ; )

ShellBeach said:
Well...I couldn't get in touch with her, so I'm not sure she will still pay for it. She basically cancelled her order and said, "Sorry".

Keeping my fingers crossed she'll still want it. Otherwise I have paid full price for some items I don't really want ; )

If it's within 30 days you can send it back with no cost to you (well, they will probably still charge the $4.75 shipping - you can claim that on your taxes though...).

Oh Beth, thank you! I did not even think of returning her order. I still haven't been able to get in touch with her so don't know if she has the money now, or what!

I believe you have the choice of canceling the order but it may affect the host benefits.

Conversely, you could keep the products and sell them at shows as cash-and-carry items. Or there's always eBay.

ChefPeg said:
Conversely, you could keep the products and sell them at shows as cash-and-carry items. Or there's always eBay.

We are not allowed to sell on ebay..... (At least last time I checked we were not!)

heather223 said:
We are not allowed to sell on ebay..... (At least last time I checked we were not!)

Oh........did not know that! :eek: I'm sure there's a way around that...like sell the items to a friend who resells on ebay....

ChefPeg said:
Oh........did not know that! :eek: I'm sure there's a way around that...like sell the items to a friend who resells on ebay....

Nope. They frown upon that too.

Still haven't gotten in touch with her.
Oh well, she is a repeat host so I am sure it will work out some way or another!

(((hugs)))

ShellBeach said:
Still haven't gotten in touch with her.
Oh well, she is a repeat host so I am sure it will work out some way or another!

The ONLY person in 10 years of doing this who wouldnt get back with me and make her bounced check good had been a host at least twice before that date. I never did hear from her. I hope your customer is different but don't let the 30 days get away from you if you want to return it...

As far as eBay is concerned: not only is it frowned upon it is against policy and we agreed not to sell in such venues when we signed. It's on the consultant agreement.

1. I will promote and sell Company products to customers by regularly holding cooking shows. I will not sell Company products on unauthorized Web sites on the Internet or in any public, retail or service establishments. I will not sell Company products for resale....

Having a friend sell it for you is still against policy and IMHO is unethical.

1. What should I do if a customer doesn't have enough money to purchase their order?

If a customer doesn't have enough money to purchase their order, the first step is to empathize with their situation. Let them know that you understand and are willing to work with them to find a solution. You can offer to split their payment into smaller installments or suggest alternative products that may be more affordable. You can also provide them with information on our customer financing options.

2. Can I offer a discount to a customer who can't afford their order?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you are not authorized to offer discounts to customers. However, you can share any current promotions or specials that may help them save money on their purchase. You can also suggest hosting a cooking show to earn free or discounted products.

3. What if a customer doesn't have a credit card or debit card?

If a customer doesn't have a credit or debit card, you can offer alternative payment options such as cash, check, or money order. You can also suggest using a prepaid card, which can be purchased at most major retailers. If none of these options are possible, you can offer to place the order for them and have it shipped to their preferred shipping address.

4. How can I help a customer who is struggling financially?

If a customer is struggling financially, you can offer to connect them with our customer support team. They can provide resources and information on how to save money on their purchases and budget for future orders. You can also offer to keep them updated on any upcoming sales or promotions that may help them save money.

5. What if a customer can't afford shipping costs?

If a customer can't afford shipping costs, you can suggest having their order shipped to your address and arranging a pick-up or delivery. This will help them save on shipping costs. You can also offer to place a combined order with other customers to reach the free shipping threshold. Alternatively, you can offer to waive the shipping fee for a future order as a gesture of goodwill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pattidailey