• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Special Dilemma: Helping a Customer Purchase a Cookware Set

In summary, the customer is considering purchasing a cookware set for their cousin's wedding gift, but is worried about the customer not following through.
PCSarahjm
I have a host that doesn't want to use the Host Special this month....I have another host who wants a cookware set but doesn't have the $$$ right now. So I asked my current host if someone else could use her special she was like of course don't let such a deal go to waste it. So long story short...the other customer is sure I would love to purchase the cookware set but $$$ money is still tight...Do I go ahead and purchase it for her and hope when she gets the money and that she still wants it (should have within the next month or so)? Has anyone done this or am I going out on too big of a limb for a customer?

Limb = Way Too Big!!

Sorry, I wouldn't do it. That's a nice gesture, though.

That's a pretty big limb. I wouldn't do it unless you need the cookware for yourself if you get stuck with it. Of course, you always have the 30 days to return it and get your money back so it you think she would pay you within 30 days, then maybe.....

LIMB WAY TO BIG>...... SORRY I wouldn't' do it....... but its a nice thought!!!

I wouldnt do it! Was she hinting that you buy it? And do you know her well? Sometimes we just have to say No, its hard.. but.... you dont want to get stuck with it! Unless.. you do!

Consider this: would Target let a customer get the sale price after the sale was over just because they didn't have the money that week? As close as we feel to our hosts, we're stil running businesses, and we need to treat them that way.

I wouldn't buy it for her. If she can't come up with money to get it 60% off...she should host a show so she can get it FREE!! Then if she has the money she can add to the collection using her 1/2 price items. Still a real good deal.

No- unless I had the money up front there is no way that I would even consider picking up a set of cookware just in case someone could come up with the money. I wouldnt even do that for my mother. I wouldnt even do it for a crinkle cutter. Maybe I am just stingy, or money is too tight, but that seems crazy unless you want the cookware yourself. If you want it but are willing to part with it and wait for your own if she does come up with the money, go ahead. Perfect opportunity.

friday

chefann said:
Consider this: would Target let a customer get the sale price after the sale was over just because they didn't have the money that week? As close as we feel to our hosts, we're stil running businesses, and we need to treat them that way.

Well said Ann!

My only other thought is go ahead and buy a set of cookware if this customer doesn't follow through with buying it in a month...my cousin is getting married in 6mths...it would be a wedding gift for her. ( and I got it at a good discount:))

that's not a bad idea. if you get it and she can't pay for it you can always sell it to someone else.

PCSarahjm said:
My only other thought is go ahead and buy a set of cookware if this customer doesn't follow through with buying it in a month...my cousin is getting married in 6mths...it would be a wedding gift for her. ( and I got it at a good discount:))

That I would do. Well, actually I wouldn't because I'm not that close to any of my cousins, but if I were I would. :D

If you can afford it, buy it for yourself under the host's name. If you don't need it right away, keep the box sealed and if she comes up with the money, then give it to her.

I wouldn't purchase it for her because I don't want that kind of money out there and I wouldn't want to have the cookware in her name if I ended up giving it to someone else.

That's very considerate of you and I'm sure she appreciates you even thinking of her and giving her the option.

If you really feel you would like to do this I would at least ask for a partial payment up front so there is some investment on her part.

Only a good idea if you have a back-up plan. Would you normally spend that much on a wedding present for your cousin?

PCSarahjm, I wouldn't do it.

This is one of the pitfalls of multi-level marketing and direct sales. It is more up close & personal, so you get to know the customer more intimately than say, at Target, which was an example mentioned before. There can be a tendency to stretch boundaries, as a result.

But, you do need to run this business somewhat like Target. If the sale is over, the sale is over. If the product needs to be returned for any reason, that customer needs a valid receipt. (edit-and that goes for you, too, if you get stuck with it)

Especially in this case, where it is a lifetime guarantee on the cookware. If it was another item with a 1-year guarantee, I might go for it.

How some Hispanic Market Consultans Handle this...
MicheleC said:
I wouldn't purchase it for her because I don't want that kind of money out there and I wouldn't want to have the cookware in her name if I ended up giving it to someone else.

That's very considerate of you and I'm sure she appreciates you even thinking of her and giving her the option.

If you really feel you would like to do this I would at least ask for a partial payment up front so there is some investment on her part.

A Hispanic Market consultant came up with a payment plan option for people in this situation. This plan also ensures her a $400 sale per month. A coordinator has to find 10 people each willing to pay $44 a month, each person gets a # (lottery), the number represents the month each customer gets their $400 shopping spree. They can then purchase $400 worth of products (cookware, whatever they want.) If you want to make it really interesting you can have that person book a show the month that they are up for their shopping spree and increase their show credit even more!

A coordinator has to find 10 people each willing to pay $44 a month, each person gets a # (lottery), the number represents the month each customer gets their $400 shopping spree.

Hiya! I'm not getting this. How do you put an order into PP for it?

I wouldn't do it! But...I am using my friend's host special because she doesn't want it. :D

Addie4TLC said:
A Hispanic Market consultant came up with a payment plan option for people in this situation. This plan also ensures her a $400 sale per month. A coordinator has to find 10 people each willing to pay $44 a month, each person gets a # (lottery), the number represents the month each customer gets their $400 shopping spree. They can then purchase $400 worth of products (cookware, whatever they want.) If you want to make it really interesting you can have that person book a show the month that they are up for their shopping spree and increase their show credit even more!

Have you ever had someone that paid until their number came up and then stopped?

I'm with the others! Don't do it! I've been there, done that with another business I was in and I got stuck many times. Sad to say but these days you just can't trust people like we used to. They might mean well but when it comes down to pots & pans or groceries for the week..........they're going to eat!

PCSarahjm said:
I have a host that doesn't want to use the Host Special this month....I have another host who wants a cookware set but doesn't have the $$$ right now. So I asked my current host if someone else could use her special she was like of course don't let such a deal go to waste it. So long story short...the other customer is sure I would love to purchase the cookware set but $$$ money is still tight...Do I go ahead and purchase it for her and hope when she gets the money and that she still wants it (should have within the next month or so)? Has anyone done this or am I going out on too big of a limb for a customer?

Nope, I definitely would not.

Addie4TLC said:
If you are going to do something like this you will need to be a very good bookeeper. I have a friend who sells Longaberger and she did something like this that involved 12 people and a one year commitment. She said this was a nightmare to keep up with and make sure that every one paid and keeping everyone committed to staying in. I wouldn't do it.

kspry said:
Hiya! I'm not getting this. How do you put an order into PP for it?
The host is the person who's number is up and you can use any of the other ladies in the group (of 10) to be guests. It would help to have a wish list from everyone and when possible order those items under those names for the guarantee. I've never done this, it's too much work. In the Hispanic Market it becomes hard to secure a sale of high priced items so many go to the trouble.

pamperedlinda said:
If you are going to do something like this you will need to be a very good bookeeper. I have a friend who sells Longaberger and she did something like this that involved 12 people and a one year commitment. She said this was a nightmare to keep up with and make sure that every one paid and keeping everyone committed to staying in. I wouldn't do it.
I hear you! That was just what I thought when I heard of it. The consultant who does this tells me the coordinator does most of the work and is usually the first number up, but if something were to go wrong it just seems like a big headache.

Do not put your own money up front!!!

You would be surprise -- some relatives and best friends would "change their mind" and you just might be stuck with it.

So unless "you really want one any way" -- no way.

If you need them for yourself and are willing to put up the $$ in the event she bails - then I'd do it. If you don't need them for yourself, I probably would not do it.

On another note, I do remember see here somewhere consultants that do "layaway" on cookware. Can she pay 1/2 of the 60% now and 1/2 in 30 days? It's another option.

1. Can I use my own ingredients when following the "Would You Do This???" recipes?

Yes, you can definitely use your own ingredients when making recipes from "Would You Do This???" The recipes are meant to be adaptable and customizable based on personal preferences and dietary restrictions.

2. Do I need to have special kitchen equipment to make the recipes in "Would You Do This???"?

No, the recipes in "Would You Do This???" are designed to be made with basic kitchen equipment that most people already have. However, certain recipes may call for specialized tools such as a food processor or stand mixer, but alternatives can be used if you don't have these items.

3. Are the recipes in "Would You Do This???" beginner-friendly?

Yes, the recipes in "Would You Do This???" are created to be accessible to cooks of all levels. Each recipe includes clear instructions and tips to help even novice cooks achieve delicious results.

4. Can I make substitutions in the "Would You Do This???" recipes?

Yes, substitutions can be made in the "Would You Do This???" recipes to accommodate personal preferences or ingredient availability. However, keep in mind that some substitutions may affect the final outcome of the dish.

5. Are the recipes in "Would You Do This???" healthy?

The recipes in "Would You Do This???" focus on using fresh, whole ingredients and offer a variety of options for different dietary needs. However, the definition of "healthy" can vary for each individual, so it's important to read through the ingredients and nutritional information to determine if a recipe aligns with your personal health goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
laurichef
  • clshirk
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies