• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Buying Cookware for Myself Question...

In summary, Ok, so I really want the cookware special this month, but with pan-o-rama, I'm not sure how much I should really invest. I have 2 opportunities to get 60% off the cookware... my first one just appeared yesterday when my host has no interest in buying any cookware. I told her she was welcome to see if anyone else would be interested in taking the special, but if no-one bites, then I'll probably use it myself...if it sounds legit with my plan. I am also hosting a catalog show at work- hoping to get $300 in orders so that I can get the
clshirk
Ok, so I really want the cookware special this month, but with pan-o-rama, I'm not sure how much I should really invest.

I have 2 opportunities to get 60% off the cookware... my first one just appeared yesterday when my host has no interest in buying any cookware. I told her she was welcome to see if anyone else would be interested in taking the special, but if no-one bites, then I'll probably use it myself...if it sounds legit with my plan.

I am also hosting a catalog show at work- hoping to get $300 in orders so that I can get the 7piece set at 60% off and then get the 5 piece at the half price.

So either I would take one set at 60% off at one show and the other set at 60% off at the other show, or do both in 1 show, one set at 60% and one set at 50% off.

So, with pan-o-rama going on, would it be better for me to just buy one set with the host discount at one of the 2 shows and then wait to get my pan-o-rama points to get the other set free? Or should I take advantage while things are 60% off? I guess I just know the cookware won't be on sale when I finally get the pan-o-rama points, but my understanding is that we'll get full point value for what the cookware is worth before the discount.

What do you think?

If it was me (and I could afford it) I would buy the sets at 60% off and use the POA points to get open stock pieces like stir fry skillet, grill pan, 12" skillet, etc. Just my opinion. The more cookware the better! :love:

That's a good idea too. But if I buy 2 at 60% off, won't I get like enough for another $700 in free cookware in the end? Isn't that how POR works? I like the idea of more cookware for sure. Excellent way to stock up or even buy gifts for others.
My birthday is coming up and I told my MIL that I'd probably spend money on buying new cookware. It's just too good a deal to pass up right now.

The earned points are at full retail value, but it's not even for redeeming them. Check the chart on CC.

pamperedposey said:
If it was me (and I could afford it) I would buy the sets at 60% off and use the POA points to get open stock pieces like stir fry skillet, grill pan, 12" skillet, etc. Just my opinion. The more cookware the better! :love:

I agree! I just purchased the 5pc set at 60% off. I will get full poa pts. but it isn't the same when you redeem them. I am going for open stock pieces now. I have 4 shows still to close this month & 2 of them definitely wanted cookware. Stainless 12" skillet here I come!!:)

I just looked and see what you're saying. So you really have to sell a lot of sets to get even close to enough to redeem one free.
Ok, I guess you're right- I'll just have to buy both sets at 60% off and use the POR points to buy something smaller/extra.

Look at your show schedule (especially September but remember that cookware sales through November 30 count). Estimate how many points you think you'll get and determine what you'll be able to earn or what you want to earn and then PROMOTE cookware all fall!

If you have all the cookware you want and you have extra points think gifts! What a great thing to give someone for Christmas or as a promotion to get bookings or recruits!

Well I do know that I am not doing PC as much as I was b/c I just moved and had to take on a full time job (actually we moved so I could take this job in my hometown- moving us home) so Im not sure I'll have a lot of cookware sales... but 60% off is a great deal since MIL is already planning to give me $250 for my birthday, so even to get the stainless sets at 60% off I'll only spend $300. So if I sell more in Oct or Nov- I will just start stocking up for me or Christmas gifts.

I'm so excited! I have earned almost 2000 panarama points. I can't wait. I'm cashing in for the 12 inch family skillet SS. I want to start using it.

clshirk, Are you looking at PC as a career, or as a hobby?

If hobby, buy the stuff. I am.

If it's going to be your career, don't buy it - earn it.

Hey I just came back to check my thread, but I wanted to respond that initially I was going to make this a career when I was a SAHM and needed the income, but we decided to move back to my hometown, which pretty much required me getting a full time job in August, so since then, I'm just trying to do enough to keep myself active.
So, I did use my host's special, since she didn't want it at all, I tried everything to get her to take it, so I asked and she was fine with me using it for the 7 piece set. Then I had a quick catty show and pulled a $150 show together so I could get the 5 piece set at 60% off too. So I'll have the points from those to get a couple of small things. I might wait and see if anyone else buys anything in Oct or Nov before I cash them in...just in case.

1. What type of cookware is best for everyday use?

Our top recommendation for everyday cookware is stainless steel. It is durable, easy to clean, and can be used for a variety of cooking methods.

2. Is non-stick cookware safe to use?

Yes, non-stick cookware is safe to use as long as it is used and maintained properly. Avoid using metal utensils and high heat, and always follow the manufacturer's care instructions.

3. How many pieces of cookware do I need in a set?

This depends on your cooking needs and preferences, but a basic set typically includes a frying pan, saucepan, stockpot, and maybe a sauté pan. Consider purchasing individual pieces to supplement your set as needed.

4. Should I invest in expensive cookware or stick to budget-friendly options?

It ultimately depends on your budget and cooking needs. Higher-end cookware may offer more durability and better heat distribution, but there are also budget-friendly options that perform well. Do your research and read reviews to find the best option for you.

5. What is the best way to clean and maintain my cookware?

Always follow the manufacturer's care instructions for your specific cookware. In general, hand washing with a gentle soap and non-abrasive sponge is recommended. Avoid using metal utensils and abrasive cleaners that can damage the surface. Regular maintenance and proper storage can also help prolong the life of your cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef_2_Four
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
tpasto
  • sburnside
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • Ginger428