• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Professional Cookware Flaking??

In summary, your friend's mother may be able to get a warranty for the flaking cookware, but it may not be available for the lifetime that the cookware is supposed to have.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Has anyone had this happen with their cookware. I had someone email me about this. She said that her mother purchased the entire set 5 years ago and the skillet and one other piece is now flaking. Return it. Not a problem.However, she doesn't know the consultants name and she does not have a receipt. On one hand , I feel bad because it is supposed to have a lifetime coverage. On the other hand, she can't produce any info to prove that she really purchased it. Who knows?? What should be done in this instance? I don't think that HO will honor it just on her say so? Should I offer her a discount if she wants to purchase cookware again? Is there a way to put a positive spin on this?

Call HO with her name and see if they have it in there records. They should:)

host's nameThe Home Office can also look it up with the Host's name of who's party she purchased the cookware.

RossDeb2 said:
Has anyone had this happen with their cookware. I had someone email me about this. She said that her mother purchased the entire set 5 years ago and the skillet and one other piece is now flaking. Return it. Not a problem.However, she doesn't know the consultants name and she does not have a receipt. On one hand , I feel bad because it is supposed to have a lifetime coverage. On the other hand, she can't produce any info to prove that she really purchased it. Who knows?? What should be done in this instance? I don't think that HO will honor it just on her say so? Should I offer her a discount if she wants to purchase cookware again? Is there a way to put a positive spin on this?

When someone tells me thier "professional" cookware is flaking, usually after further investigation, I discover it's actually Gen II!

Was professional even available 5 years ago?

If it's the Gen 2 that's only a 3 year warranty as well. :/

My friend is having the same problem with her sm saute' pan. Yes its Professional, I personally saw it tonight.

1. What causes professional cookware to flake?

Flaking in professional cookware is typically caused by using metal utensils or harsh cleaning products on the non-stick surface. It can also occur when the cookware is heated to high temperatures or when it is stacked or banged against other pots and pans.

2. Can flaking cookware still be used?

It is not recommended to use cookware that is flaking, as the flakes can contaminate food and may also indicate that the non-stick coating is no longer effective. It is best to replace the cookware to ensure safe and efficient cooking.

3. How can I prevent my professional cookware from flaking?

To prevent flaking, it is important to use non-metal utensils, such as silicone or wooden ones, on the non-stick surface. It is also recommended to use gentle cleaning products and to avoid stacking or banging the cookware. Additionally, avoid heating the cookware to high temperatures and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.

4. Is flaking covered under the warranty?

It depends on the specific warranty of the cookware. Some brands may cover flaking under their warranty, while others may only cover defects in materials or workmanship. It is best to check the warranty information provided by the manufacturer.

5. How often should I replace my professional cookware?

The lifespan of professional cookware can vary depending on usage and care. However, as a general guideline, it is recommended to replace cookware every 3-5 years to ensure optimal performance and safety. If you notice any signs of flaking or wear and tear, it may be time to replace the cookware sooner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • cntrygirl'skitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • melindagilbert