• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Meet & Greet: Put Faces to the Names!

In summary, people are getting in to Chicago at varying times, and that those who have the Director training will be busy on Monday (July 12). There is an "open house" format where people can come and go as their schedules permit. There is also a button for people to identify themselves.
chefann
Gold Member
Let's get together to put faces to the names!I know that people will be getting in to Chicago at varying times, and that those who have the Director training will be busy on Monday (July 12). But that day's probably the best, as individual clusters are less likely to have things planned (at least during the afternoon).So-- let's get together to chat on Monday afternoon. Instead of a specified time, how about an "open house" format, so that people can drift in and out as their schedules permit. 3:00-7:00 Monday, July 12 on Level 2 of the North Building of McCormick Center. That's near some food options, so those who want to grab a bite to eat can do so. (Map to McCormick http://www.mccormickplace.com/facilities/Floorplan.html#.)Get a button so that we can identify you, and come join us!

Sounds fantastic! I'll see you there.

what button?

Just click on the CS Stuff link in Ann's signature. It will take you to where you can order a CS button. You can choose a color. Be sure to use a Sharpie to write your screen name on your button.

Sounds great. I can't wait to meet everyone!

I'll be there. We getting in early on Monday, so my D will be there in time for lunch. I'll have nothing but the Treasure Hunt to do the rest of the day. Which, actually makes me really happy. You can also click on the word 'button' in Ann's post to see the picture previously posted, and the link which goes straight to the button.

I will be there too! Have no idea when, but now that I have a function to participate in, I can make sure I am there by noon - maybe. I already got my button!! WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Great idea! I was planning on registering in the afternoon after doing some city-site seeing with my family, and then when they take a "rest" at the hotel, I'll zip to the center to do my thing, then hook up for dinner with them later.

I am SO excited for this! I've never been to NC and have always been so jealous of the networking you guys can do at the meet 'n greet...and now...I'll finally be able to participate! YAY!!

Cool! I should be able to make it after 5:30....can't wait to meet everyone. Sarah, I'll recognize you this year. =)

Who said anything about networking? We all just stand around looking at each other trying figure out who is weirder or who can eat to much pizza or drink to much! Couple of years ago we got wasted at the Hilton and many of us had to get rides home! I got half to Milwaukee on Sunday night before I realized I was staying a the Hilton!

Just kidding! It is so fun putting faces to names and to see who is like there onscreen persona. You would not believe how many of us are not!

A conga line around Kitty O'sheas comes to mind... Good times but do not know how anyone can afford to get drunk there!

Just so no one's surprised--I'm pretty much exactly the same in person as I am here. On the other hand, I've heard that I don't look like people thought I'd look. I'm not sure what part of short, curvy, with flippy red hair got misconstrued.

etteluap70PC said:
A conga line around Kitty O'sheas comes to mind... Good times but do not know how anyone can afford to get drunk there!

Just have one Long Island Iced Tea. :) At least, one will do it when you're a drinking lightweight, like me.

It wouldn't even take a whole one for me. Then again I don't get more fun when I drink. I just get sleepy.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Cool! I should be able to make it after 5:30....can't wait to meet everyone. Sarah, I'll recognize you this year. =)

Laurie, I was thinking the same thing! It'll be more fun this year, since I'm friends with a lot (why does spell check NOT allow me to write that as 'alot?') of Cheffers on Facebook.

Rae, I'll definitely recognize you! I'll just look for the red-head kicking people's shins. haha

Sounds great to me too! I am pretty sure we are coming in on Sunday so Monday is pretty free for me! I met ChefAnn, Terry (colegrovet), John (pampered1224), pamperedsarah (for a few minutes in the hallway of the hotel since I was headed to meet my ED), and Melissa! Look forward to seeing more of you and meeting! I don't drink at all so those of us who don't can be together!

Sounds great!! I am looking forward to really meeting everyone!

pampchefsarah said:
Laurie, I was thinking the same thing! It'll be more fun this year, since I'm friends with a lot (why does spell check NOT allow me to write that as 'alot?') of Cheffers on Facebook.

Rae, I'll definitely recognize you! I'll just look for the red-head kicking people's shins. haha

Spellcheck won't allow you to write alot because that's not a word. ;)

And, for the record, I kick ankles, not shins. After all, I'm not a barbarian. :rolleyes:

raebates said:
Spellcheck won't allow you to write alot because that's not a word. ;)

And, for the record, I kick ankles, not shins. After all, I'm not a barbarian. :rolleyes:

Yes it is! (pouting) I distinctly remember learning alot and a lot in school. Hmm, maybe this belongs on Anne's thread about mispronounced words.

Oh, yes, ankles. I always thought it was ankles and not shins, because you're to short to reach the shins. *ducking and running - while covering my ankles*

I can make it after the new director reception stuff (because I am telling myself I will be a director when I get there...let's not spoil my positive thinking). Laurie - I'll join ya!

Maybe you're thinking of alright and all right. Unless, of course, you had really, really bad teachers.And, yes, sadly, I'm too short to reach people's shins. :(

I'm not sure I can make it much before 5:30 .... earlier if at all possible. Would be first time on a MegaBus!

Not sure what time I will be there either - I think my flight gets in at 2:30? How long from Midway to the Sheraton and back to McCormick Place? ;)

Melissa78 said:
I can make it after the new director reception stuff (because I am telling myself I will be a director when I get there...let's not spoil my positive thinking). Laurie - I'll join ya!

Mission accomplished! I'll definitely be attending the new director reception so I'll be sure to find all of you after that is over. I'm even more excited to go after today I found out 2 of my new team members are planning on attending. WAHOO!

I am looking forward to also putting faces with the idea's! Now for a really strange question-do you put your Cheffer name on the name tag with your real name underneath?
Just thought I would ask.

smart2cook said:
I am looking forward to also putting faces with the idea's! Now for a really strange question-do you put your Cheffer name on the name tag with your real name underneath?
Just thought I would ask.

I usually just put my Cheffer name on my CS button, because we get regular name badges in registration packets.

I used my label maker to print my name...then just stuck it on my pin!! :) Not sure what our group has planned yet, but will see if I can make it over. :)

Bumping this discussion.Have we made any formal plan or any ROUGH idea of one for a MnG timeframe?

Id like to plan a night out just with cheffers...I plan on evading my bunch one (or more) nights but I don't want to go off in Chicago all alone ....ha :D

chefann said:
Let's get together to put faces to the names!

I know that people will be getting in to Chicago at varying times, and that those who have the Director training will be busy on Monday (July 12). But that day's probably the best, as individual clusters are less likely to have things planned (at least during the afternoon).

So-- let's get together to chat on Monday afternoon. Instead of a specified time, how about an "open house" format, so that people can drift in and out as their schedules permit.

3:00-7:00 Monday, July 12 on Level 2 of the North Building of McCormick Center. That's near some food options, so those who want to grab a bite to eat can do so. (Map to McCormick http://www.mccormickplace.com/facilities/Floorplan.html#.)

Get a button so that we can identify you, and come join us!

The very first post here had the details.

I would to meet you guys! I am coming in on Sunday and I have NO idea of what's going on the rest of the week.

Candice, you mean as far as non-Conference time, right? The agendas for NC are on CC, but for unscheduled time, you'll want to talk to your Director to see if you team has anything planned, and play it by ear the rest of the time.

Like Brooke, I would love to spend some time with my many Cheffer friends for at least one evening (other than the M&G).

Yes I meant for unscheduled time. I know my Director said something about a dinner one night, but nothing was set in stone.

Yeah, I have the same 'problem.' I sent an e-mail to my AD asking if anything was being set up with our ED (unofficial, of course), and she replied she was 'too busy to even think about it now' (this was right before Disney). So, we probably don't have anything scheduled, though I'm sure once we get there they'll suddenly decide we need to do a dinner or something. The other nights, though, I hope to do some sight-seeing, or just relaxing with a good book.

Just ordered my button -- wahoo! See ya there!

Sandi

Candice, who is your director? ;) MY director is in MO too.

Well I was looking at last year's picture...WOW! It is now in my FB "WW Weight Loss Journey" photo album! I have no idea what I weighed last year (other than a lot) but the jerk at the gate at Nashville airport said I looked like I was too big to fit in a plane seat and would have to pay for two if I didn't! Well...I am happy to say that I have lost from 32W pants to 24W and a 4X (tight) top to a 1X/2X top. I have lost 23.6 pounds since February 22 on Weight Watchers. I will NOT be on scooter this year but hoping to have a walker by then. I still have balance issues and will continue to do so since I have a degenerative disc and spondolythesis in my back that cannot be "cured" or operated on to help. So...I am figuring around 50 pounds down from last year! ;)

sandilou said:
Just ordered my button -- wahoo! See ya there!

Sandi

Mine just came today!

pcchefjane said:
Well I was looking at last year's picture...WOW! It is now in my FB "WW Weight Loss Journey" photo album! I have no idea what I weighed last year (other than a lot) but the jerk at the gate at Nashville airport said I looked like I was too big to fit in a plane seat and would have to pay for two if I didn't! Well...I am happy to say that I have lost from 32W pants to 24W and a 4X (tight) top to a 1X/2X top. I have lost 23.6 pounds since February 22 on Weight Watchers. I will NOT be on scooter this year but hoping to have a walker by then. I still have balance issues and will continue to do so since I have a degenerative disc and spondolythesis in my back that cannot be "cured" or operated on to help. So...I am figuring around 50 pounds down from last year! ;)
Way to go!!!

OH MY GOODNESS JANE THAT IS SO GREAT!!!! Way to go!

Congratulations, Jane!

Great job Jane! Weight Watchers is great and I know you are so proud of yourself and feeling so much better!!

sounds good to me.. :) I get in mid morning, and have my registeration in the afternoon.. works out great for me.. :)

I'll be there! So looking forward to it!

pcchefjane said:

Outstanding Jane!!!!!

Greg would have loved to have come, but he will be out of the country.

pcchefjane said:

First off... :thumbup:Congrats on the weight loss! When there are other medical issues going on, it is so hard to concentrate on eating right.

Second, you are the second person in the world that I have heard of having this. My sister has it, she was always told growing up that she had scolioses (sp?), but was finally diagnosed with this last year. She's been on humera to help slow it down. Not sure if you're on anything like that.

I plan to come to the beginning of the meet n greet, but our cluster is having our pizza night Monday so I cannot stay the whole time.

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the Meet & Greet event?</h2><p>The Meet & Greet event is an opportunity for Pampered Chef consultants to put faces to the names of their colleagues and network with others in the company.</p><h2>2. When and where will the Meet & Greet take place?</h2><p>The Meet & Greet will take place on Monday, July 12 from 3:00-7:00 PM on Level 2 of the North Building at McCormick Center in Chicago. A map to the location can be found on the McCormick Center website.</p><h2>3. Can I attend the Meet & Greet if I have Director training on Monday?</h2><p>Yes, you can still attend the Meet & Greet even if you have Director training on Monday. The event is designed to be an open house format, so you can come and go as your schedule permits.</p><h2>4. Will there be food options at the Meet & Greet?</h2><p>Yes, there are food options near the location of the Meet & Greet, so you can grab a bite to eat while networking with other consultants.</p><h2>5. How can I identify other Pampered Chef consultants at the Meet & Greet?</h2><p>We encourage attendees to get a button from the event organizers to wear during the Meet & Greet. This will help identify you as a Pampered Chef consultant and make it easier to connect with others.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the Meet & Greet event?

The Meet & Greet event is an opportunity for Pampered Chef consultants to put faces to the names of their colleagues and network with others in the company.

2. When and where will the Meet & Greet take place?

The Meet & Greet will take place on Monday, July 12 from 3:00-7:00 PM on Level 2 of the North Building at McCormick Center in Chicago. A map to the location can be found on the McCormick Center website.

3. Can I attend the Meet & Greet if I have Director training on Monday?

Yes, you can still attend the Meet & Greet even if you have Director training on Monday. The event is designed to be an open house format, so you can come and go as your schedule permits.

4. Will there be food options at the Meet & Greet?

Yes, there are food options near the location of the Meet & Greet, so you can grab a bite to eat while networking with other consultants.

5. How can I identify other Pampered Chef consultants at the Meet & Greet?

We encourage attendees to get a button from the event organizers to wear during the Meet & Greet. This will help identify you as a Pampered Chef consultant and make it easier to connect with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies
Views
merego
  • chefann
  • General Chat