• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Crockpot Beef Stew Recipe: Tonight's Dinner Sorted!

In summary, this recipe for crockpot beef stew allows for the use of any type of beef, with tougher cuts being recommended for optimal tenderness and flavor. The total cook time is approximately 8 hours on low heat or 4-5 hours on high heat, with occasional monitoring to ensure the beef and vegetables are fully cooked. Additional vegetables can be added to the stew, such as celery, peas, and mushrooms. Browning the beef is not necessary, but can add extra flavor. The stew can also be made ahead of time and reheated for even more developed flavors.
Jennie4PC
Does anyone have a beef stew recipe that I can make in the crockpot that they love? I need to get it in the crock pot pretty soon if i want it for dinner tonight,

Yep!

Cut beef into cubes about 1-11/2 in in diameter. Dredge in flour/salt/pepper and I throw a little bit of Thyme in there (no more than 1 tsp.). Brown beef in a little bit of oil--it will carmelize a little bit.

In crock pot put can of beef broth, add beef, and I cut up potatoes, carrots and celery, plus slice about 1/2 an onion. Let cook on low for at least 6 hours--if you have less time do an hour on high and then the rest on low. About 1/2 an hour before cooking make a paste (or "roux) of flour, oil or butter, etc., and then add a little more beef broth to it--maybe 1/2 a cup. Add this to the crockpot mixture and turn the crockpot back to high.

1/2 an hour later, serve it up! Yummy!

Sounds Yummy... doesn't get much more basic than that!

Sounds yummy. Thank you

that's basically what I do.. except I get the beef that's already cut into chunks at the store, even easier, and add the beef stew packet from the store...

Here's mine...beef stew cubes, potatoes, celery, baby carrots, an onion, a can of petite diced tomatoes, a jar of beef gravy...too easy and too good. Cook on low all day and the meat will be super tender.
Deb

there is a thread started awhile ago I believe by whiteyteresa with recipes and amounts

1. Can I use any type of beef for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of beef for this crockpot beef stew recipe. We recommend using a tougher cut of meat such as chuck or round, as they will become tender and flavorful after cooking in the crockpot for several hours.

2. How long does it take to cook the beef stew in the crockpot?

The total cook time for this recipe is approximately 8 hours on low heat or 4-5 hours on high heat. We recommend checking the stew periodically to make sure the beef is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.

3. Can I add additional vegetables to this beef stew recipe?

Absolutely! This recipe calls for carrots, potatoes, and onions, but feel free to add any other vegetables you enjoy. Some popular additions to beef stew include celery, peas, and mushrooms.

4. Do I need to brown the beef before adding it to the crockpot?

While browning the beef can add extra flavor, it is not necessary for this recipe. The beef will still become tender and flavorful after cooking in the crockpot for several hours.

5. Can I make this beef stew ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, this beef stew can be made ahead of time and reheated. It actually tastes even better the next day as the flavors have had time to develop. Simply store the stew in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies