• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are your favorite ingredients to include in crockpot vegetable beef soup?

In summary, if you're looking for a recipe for beef vegetable soup, try this one: Add a roast or leftover roast, broth, bay leaf or 2, garlic cloves, a bouquet of fresh herbs, and sliced carrots and celery. Let that cook until you can easily separate it with a fork, then add sliced carrots and celery, and chopped onion. Add more broth if you'd like, and then add a couple cups of vegetable juice and a tablespoon or two of Worchestershire sauce. Let that cook for a couple
Karen
Gold Member
I'm looking for ideas to make beef vegetable soup in the crockpot using venison roast, instead of beef roast. I have made beef soup on the stove top (a long time ago), never in the crockpot.

Any crockpot soup makers that would care to share the recipes and tips?

Many thanks!

As far as venison instead of beef, they can be cooked the same. We use venison as a substitute for beef all the time (ground veni, veni roast, etc)

Just a note to anyone who doesn't often cook with venison :)

We actually use ground veni when we make sloppy joes and we call them Sloppy Joelys (Joely is my MILs name - it's her recipe)

Sorry, totally off topic on that :D

The best stews I have made recently have been done in the oven in one of our stock pots, cook all day at a low setting (250 or 300), depending on how long you're cooking. Because you're cooking all day, use larger chunks of meat...they'll be easy to break up at the end, but won't dissappear!

One trick I learned from Big Daddy's House on Food Network for beef, pork & venison is to use a combo of beef AND chicken stock. I don't like this for chicken...the beef over powers it. But for beef, pork & venison, it adds an incredible layer of flavor. I use a 2 to 1, beef to chicken stock ratio.

Add your vegis during the last part (hour or so) of cooking so they don't become mush.

Fresh Thyme is my new best friend for roast and stew...add at the last hour as well. If you cook the time all day, to me it gets bitter.

I don't have a recipe for Vegetable Beef Soup - but I do make it all the time...and I've used venison in it more than once.

I start out with a roast (or leftover roast) - about 1.5-2 lbs, and throw that in the crockpot with broth around it up around the sides, but not completely covering it. (and I've used whatever broth I happen to have - including leftover gravy) I throw in a bay leaf or 2, and a couple crushed garlic cloves, and also a bouquet of fresh herbs wrapped in cheesecloth. (rosemary, thyme, oregano - or just a mix of whatever you have.)

Let that cook until you can separate it easily with a fork. Use your mix n chop to shred it! Then I add sliced carrots and celery, and chopped onion. (sorry - no measurements, I just throw it in by the handful until it looks right.) I'll also throw in barley, or brown rice, or quinoa, or a mix of them at this point. Add more broth if you do add the grain - it needs something to cook in.

Let that cook for a couple more hours, and then add a couple cups of Vegetable Juice (like V-8 juice) and a Tbls. or two of Worchestershire sauce. Let that cook for a couple hours, and then add whatever other veggies you'd like - mixed veggies, or just green beans, peas, etc....and let it cook til done.

Sorry it's not more of a recipe - but it is exactly how I make it. :)

I LOVE making soup - make a crockpot of it at least once a week (but rarely use a recipe), and this is one that is in regular rotation.

What is the best type of soup to make in a crockpot?

The beauty of using a crockpot for soup is that almost any type of soup can be made! Some popular options include chicken noodle, beef and vegetable, and lentil soup.

How long should I cook soup in a crockpot?

The recommended cook time for soup in a crockpot is typically 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. However, it's always a good idea to check the recipe for specific instructions.

Do I need to pre-cook any ingredients before adding them to the crockpot?

Some recipes may call for pre-cooking certain ingredients, such as browning meat or sautéing vegetables, before adding them to the crockpot. However, many soup recipes can be made by simply adding all ingredients to the crockpot and letting it cook.

Can I make a large batch of soup in a crockpot?

Yes, crockpots are great for making large batches of soup. Just make sure not to fill it more than 2/3 of the way full to prevent it from overflowing.

Can I leave my crockpot on while I'm away from home?

It is generally not recommended to leave your crockpot unattended while it is cooking. However, some newer models have safety features that allow for cooking while away from home. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions and exercise caution when leaving a crockpot on for an extended period of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrssyvo