• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Irish Soda Bread Recipe for a Delicious Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner"

In summary, to make Irish soda bread for a delicious corned beef & cabbage dinner, you will need all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, and optional additions such as caraway seeds or raisins. You can also use a gluten-free flour blend in this recipe, as long as it is specifically meant for baking. The baking time for Irish soda bread is approximately 45 minutes to an hour at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. The dough can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days, but should be brought to room temperature before baking. Leftovers can also be frozen for up to 3 months by wrapping tightly in plastic wrap and storing in an airtight container.
pattikake
I've never made this before, but thought it might be a nice addition to our corned beef & cabbage dinner tonight.

Anyone have a favorite recipe?

Usually I cheat and buy the Red Mill brand mix. It's yummy!

I have a great recipe for Irish soda bread that would go perfectly with your corned beef and cabbage dinner! Here it is:Ingredients:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup buttermilkInstructions:1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. Cut in the softened butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together 1 cup of buttermilk and the egg. Gradually stir this into the flour mixture until a soft dough forms.
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead briefly.
6. Shape the dough into a round loaf and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
7. In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter and 1/4 cup of buttermilk. Brush this mixture over the top of the dough.
8. Use a sharp knife to cut an "X" into the top of the dough.
9. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Serve warm with your corned beef and cabbage dinner. Enjoy!

Related to Irish Soda Bread Recipe for a Delicious Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner"

1. What ingredients are needed to make Irish soda bread for a delicious corned beef & cabbage dinner?

To make Irish soda bread for a delicious corned beef & cabbage dinner, you will need all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, and optional additions such as caraway seeds or raisins.

2. Can I use a gluten-free flour to make this Irish soda bread recipe?

Yes, you can substitute all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend in this Irish soda bread recipe. Just make sure to use a blend that is specifically meant for baking.

3. How long does it take to bake Irish soda bread?

The baking time for Irish soda bread may vary depending on the size and shape of the loaf. However, on average, it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. Can I make this Irish soda bread recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dough for Irish soda bread ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just make sure to bring it to room temperature before baking.

5. Can I freeze the leftovers of this Irish soda bread?

Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of this Irish soda bread for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container before freezing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChipLines
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies