• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner...wednesday, March 17

In summary, Pampered Chef is not having their birthdays today, but they are celebrating with their usual dinners. Tonight, they are having the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage with potatoes. They are also celebrating their anniversary. They will be having Colcannon for dinner. For tomorrow night, they are going out to dinner with their family and friends.
pamperedbybarbara
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!! May the luck of the Irish be with you always!!!:D

No Pampered Chef Birthdays to celebrate today.....

Tonight for dinner we are having the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage w/potatoes.....

Have a green day, everyone!!!!

3 more days until Spring!!!!:thumbup::balloon:

Going out for dinner tonight...it is our 30th Wedding Anniversary.

Same here - Corned beef & cabbage :)

No Corned Beef and Cabbage here. :cry: I love it, but DH & DS won't eat it.

So, I'm settling for making green foods for dinner. Chimichurri (sp?) marinated steaks, with creamed spinach, and pistachio fluff.

I think I'm going to make white chicken chili. That's the plan unless the chicken didn't thaw in the frig. Then I'll bake up some Tyson chicken nuggets and have the chili tomorrow.

It is going to be grilled cheese and soup tonight. DH is having major dental work done today and tomorrow, so he will not be able to eat anything that is not soft for the next few days.

JAE said:
I think I'm going to make white chicken chili. That's the plan unless the chicken didn't thaw in the frig. Then I'll bake up some Tyson chicken nuggets and have the chili tomorrow.

Oh wow - we bought these new chicken nuggets at Costco - they are really good. All natural....I can read everything easily in the ingredient list! (darn those demos - they get me every time!:eek:)

Wednesday = Leftovers ;)
Pasta Bake that I made 2 nights ago and a chicken sandwhich from the 30-min chicken I made 3 nights ago.

I might make a limeade to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Except I'm not Irish, so I don't have to. :D

Last edited:
Corned Beef and Cabbage for us too! We are joining in with the neighbors for dinner. And, since it's green....I'm making Watergate Salad! I love that stuff, but am the only one in the house that will eat it - hopefully the neighbors will like it too and I won't have too much left-over :)

pkd09 said:
Going out for dinner tonight...it is our 30th Wedding Anniversary.

Pat- Its my anniversary too! Congrats to you! Its are 8 year anniversary and our 6th wedding anniversary. That said I am planning on making Colcannon for dinner. Its a staple in our house, and super yummy.

When it is just my boyfriend and I we spend so much time trying to decide what we are going to have for dinner..because always forget to get meat out to thaw..but when he has his kids..it makes it so much easier..Tuesday night we go over to his aunt's house..so we eat whatever she makes..and Wednesday night..is Pizza Night..everyone is sick with colds..so..instead of eating at the pizza shop..I will be picking it up and bringing it home tonight.

I'm going to make the Garden Pizza - as I'm going to do it for a party on Saturday and want to try it first.... (This is, unless my hubby says let's go out for dinner...then this will wait until tomorrow night!)

While I was searching for the recipe on here I found this interesting dessert item to:

Thin Mint Pizza
Thnking, since, of course, it's St. Patty’s day – maybe I'll make this for dessert and put a drop of green in that icing…. The gang will love it.

Thin Mint Pizza

18 oz refrig. chocolate chip cookie dough
1 sleeve of thin mints (20 cookies)
2 TBSP heavy cream
1/2 c. white/ vanilla chips

On either a large round stone or medium sheet pan, line with parchment paper, spread cookie dough evenly over paper. Break each thin mint cookie into 4 pieces. Press into the top of cookie dough. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350. Cool completely.

In a the new double boiler, melt white chips and heavy cream until smooth. Put a sandwich size ziploc bag into measure-all cup and fill it with the frosting. Cut off the corner and drizzle over cooled cookie.

1. What is the featured dish for this week's "What's for Dinner...Wednesday, March 17" event?

The featured dish for this week is a traditional Irish meal of corned beef and cabbage. It's perfect for celebrating St. Patrick's Day!

2. Do I need to purchase any special equipment or ingredients for this week's recipe?

No, the recipe for this week's event can be made with basic kitchen equipment and ingredients that you likely already have on hand. However, if you want to make it even easier, we do offer a special corned beef and cabbage slow cooker set that can be purchased separately.

3. Can I substitute any ingredients in the recipe?

Yes, you can definitely make substitutions to fit your dietary needs or preferences. For example, you can use turkey instead of beef, or use vegetable broth instead of beef broth for a vegetarian option. Just be sure to adjust cooking times accordingly.

4. How long will the recipe take to prepare?

The total cooking time for this recipe is about 2.5 hours, but most of that time is hands-off while the dish simmers on the stove. The prep time is about 30 minutes, but you can save time by using pre-chopped vegetables or a slow cooker.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, this dish can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving. In fact, the flavors will often develop even more after sitting for a day or two. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat it in a pot on the stove or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedbybarbara
  • pamperedbybarbara