• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beef Enchilada Casserole: A Quick and Easy Dinner Recipe (29 Minutes to Cook)

In summary, the conversation revolves around using tortillas in a beef enchilada casserole. The original poster used white corn tortillas instead of yellow and found that they became too soft and turned the casserole to mush. Other users chimed in with their experiences and suggested lightly toasting the tortillas before using them in the casserole. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance of using the right type of tortillas for a crispy and delicious casserole.
HockeyLover
I made the beef enchilada casserole last night (29 minutes to dinner). I could not find yellow corn tortillas at the grocery store, so I got the white corn tortillas. In chef's corner, it says this is an ok substitution. I would NOT recommend using them. The yellow tortillas are crunchy, the white ones I found are softer. Not as soft as flour tortillas, but soft enough that the casserole turned to mush. Has anyone else had that happen?

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds good. Thanks for the tip on the yellow corn tortillas!

Wow, I am spoiled I guess, but we have stacks of all kinds of tortillas imaginable! It must be living so close to the border. My sister moved to Virginia after living here and went crazy on the tortillas (or lack thereof!). Most enchilada's are pretty soft anyway, but not mush. I don't have the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook. It sounds like a great recipe! Is it anything like the chicken tortilla casserole that just came out? Hmmm... made that with hamburger and loved it!

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
Wow, I am spoiled I guess, but we have stacks of all kinds of tortillas imaginable! It must be living so close to the border.

I prefer yellow corn over anything else. Living in Las Vegas, we get fresh tortillas too.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that the white corn tortillas didn't work well in the beef enchilada casserole. I've personally used both yellow and white corn tortillas in this recipe and have found that the yellow ones do hold up better and provide a nice crunch. However, if you're unable to find the yellow ones, I would recommend lightly toasting the white ones in a pan before layering them in the casserole. This can help prevent them from becoming too soft and turning the casserole into mush. I hope this helps and thank you for sharing your experience with us! Happy cooking!

What are the ingredients needed for Beef Enchilada Casserole?

The ingredients for Beef Enchilada Casserole include ground beef, corn tortillas, enchilada sauce, shredded cheese, onion, garlic, and black beans. Optional toppings can include diced tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro.

Can I make Beef Enchilada Casserole ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the casserole ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. You can also freeze the casserole for up to 3 months before baking. Just make sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before baking.

Can I use a different type of meat instead of ground beef?

Yes, you can use ground turkey, chicken, or even shredded beef or pork for this recipe. Just make sure to cook the meat thoroughly before adding it to the casserole.

Do I need to pre-cook the tortillas before assembling the casserole?

No, you can use the corn tortillas straight from the package. They will soften as they bake in the casserole.

How long should I bake the Beef Enchilada Casserole for?

The casserole should be baked for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also broil it for a few minutes at the end to get a crispy, golden top.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • soulsing
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • gailz2