• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Pastry Mat Recipes for Festive Holiday Treats

In summary, the Pastry Mat can be used for many different things and is a great addition to a holiday show.
JAE
Do you have a suggestion on how to incorporate the Pastry Mat into a holiday show? It would be great to do a recipe at a show using this new product. I thought maybe the Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark called for the mat, but it doesn't.
Has anyone made the peanut brittle at a show, or is anyone planning to make it?

Currently I just show it off and pass it around. I've sold several. One customer even called me and ordered three more after a show.

That's great, Rae. I already bring too many products, and I try to just bring what I'm using and a few SA because they are the special next month. I'd love to incorporate the mat to show something new from The Pampered Chef and not just the same old recipes. Plus it's a higher priced item.

Pastries
JAE said:
Do you have a suggestion on how to incorporate the Pastry Mat into a holiday show? It would be great to do a recipe at a show using this new product. I thought maybe the Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark called for the mat, but it doesn't.

I think a great way to incorporate the Pastry mat is to mention all the wonderful things it can be used for. Let them visualize using the mat to make pie crusts, shaped cookies, pizza dough, rolls, biscuits and more.

I would definitely use it in an easy pie recipe. I would roll out the pie crust on the mat and then cut out strips to decorate the top of my pie. Or just roll out cookie dough and cut shapes out.

Debbie :D

The good news is that the mat is light and doesn't take up much room. You can squish it into a corner or use it to cushion more fragile items. I'm using mine to keep my SA examples from clinking against one another.

raebates said:
The good news is that the mat is light and doesn't take up much room. You can squish it into a corner or use it to cushion more fragile items. I'm using mine to keep my SA examples from clinking against one another.

That's how I use mine! I wrap it around my large oval platter - works great.:thumbup:

Oh yeah...where is that peanut brittle recipe from NC?
(I suppose it's on the use and care card that I studied SO carefully when I ripped it open!)

JAE said:
This isn't holiday oriented, but when we had the old one, I used it for a calzone recipe. The recipe called for one dough to be rolled out and placed on the stone, add ingredients, and then you needed to roll out another dough and place on top. I rolled my dough on the pastry mat and then turned the mat upside down and peeled the mat back so the dough was easily placed on top. I didn't have to worry about stretching the dough or ripping it while placing it on top.

For the holiday show, if you are making the Christmas tree rolls, maybe roll them out on the mat and then move to the cutting board to cut. Let me think if I can come up with something else.

I just used mine recently for the very first time , and I thought I would never use it. I am glad I kept it!I think at my next show I will do something like the Berries N Cream wonton cup recipe( in the It's Good For You recipe book), except using a pumpkin filling.It was great because you can make a batch of 24 using the mini muffin pan, pastry mat, easy accent decorator...etc..

straitfan said:
Oh yeah...where is that peanut brittle recipe from NC?
(I suppose it's on the use and care card that I studied SO carefully when I ripped it open!)
It's on CC under recipe search. I just typed in Pastry Mat under specific tools or whatever and it came up.

I used mine to roll out my bread dough for homemade calzones...super easy!! I didn't have to use as much flour as I would if I was rolling it on the counter, and it cleaned up in a snap!! I like this one sooo much better than the grey circle one!

Can someone post the peanut brittle recipe? I can't find it anywhere. I have been looking for it. TIA

Here you go Deb! I just went over to the US website, clicked on recipes, recipe search and then pastry mat in the specific tools. :)

Peanut Brittle
Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups unsalted roasted peanuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon baking soda

Directions:
1. Combine sugar and corn syrup in (3-qt.) Saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Do not stir. Boil mixture 16-18 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 325°F (mixture will turn a golden color). Carefully stir in butter and peanuts; return mixture to a boil. Stir in vanilla; remove from heat.

2. Stir in baking soda (mixture will foam up dramatically); immediately pour peanut brittle onto one side of Pastry Mat. Fold opposite side of mat over like a book to cover brittle. Working quickly, use Baker's Roller® to press brittle into a thin even layer (brittle will harden quickly). Cool completely; remove from mat and break into pieces. Store brittle at room temperature in an airtight container.

Yield: 24 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 130, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 180 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2007

Thanks Jodi. I have been searching for that recipe. I took a picture of the recipe at Conference but it didn't come out as clear as I hoped.

I use mine when I do Rice Krispie treats. I just dump it right out of the Saute Pan onto the mat and then use the Spreader to shape it however I want. Just spray the spreader with Pam first so it doesn't stick. It works great and shows the Cookware as an easy second recipe!

Thank Jodi for posting the recipe!

Ann R.

I used mine Friday to make the Cranberry Crunch recipe that is a part of the Homemade show. I put the mat inside the large bar pan, and then poured the crunch in it - spread it out (filled the pan just right!) and stuck it in the garage (here in MI, it can be used as a freezer 9 months out of the year!:D ) for a few minutes. Came out perfectly.

So Becky, you didn't put the bar pan in the freezer first? I must not spread it out enough because I don't even fill the rectangle stone. It would probably be easier to spread if the pan wasn't already cold.

JAE said:
So Becky, you didn't put the bar pan in the freezer first? I must not spread it out enough because I don't even fill the rectangle stone. It would probably be easier to spread if the pan wasn't already cold.
Nope - I just let it harden after I spread it out.

BTW - that stuff is addictive! Salty and Sweet together......I can't resist!

Yes, I was eating some just today!

1. How do I clean my pastry mat after using it for a recipe?

After using your pastry mat for a recipe, wash it with warm soapy water and a sponge. Rinse it thoroughly and let it air dry. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbing brushes, as they can damage the surface of the mat.

2. Can I use my pastry mat in the oven?

No, pastry mats are not designed to be used in the oven. They are made of silicone or plastic, which can melt or warp at high temperatures. It is best to use a baking sheet or parchment paper when baking in the oven.

3. Are there any special tips for rolling out dough on a pastry mat?

To prevent the dough from sticking to the mat, lightly dust it with flour before rolling. If the dough starts to stick, gently lift it up and sprinkle more flour underneath. It is also helpful to periodically rotate the mat and dough as you roll to ensure an even thickness.

4. How do I store my pastry mat?

To prevent any damage to your pastry mat, it is best to store it flat or rolled up. Avoid folding or creasing the mat, as this can cause it to crack or tear. You can also store it in a clean, dry place away from direct heat or sunlight.

5. Can I cut on my pastry mat?

No, pastry mats are not meant to be used as a cutting surface. The sharp edges of knives can damage the mat and cause it to lose its non-stick properties. It is best to use a cutting board or other appropriate surface for cutting ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
urbnk8
  • chefann