• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Fruit Ideas for 3rd Grade Class Party

In summary, Kids love anything on a stick! You can use the creative cutters to cut fruit or use the crinkle cutter. Another idea is to offer dips like yogurt or whipped cream. Kebobs sound like a good idea for that age.
pcleah
I have to bring in fruit for my sons 3rd grade class next week for a party. I was thinking of doing something different, maybe kebobs or something like that. Anyone have any ideas they can share? My creative juices are all used up lately. Thanks!!!!:

Kids love anything on a stick! How about using the creative cutters to cut fruit -- look at this website: http://www.ediblearrangements.com

also offer "dips" like yogurt or whipped cream.

another easy/yummy dip is equal parts of marshmallow fluff and softened cream cheese whipped together! (and now they have strawberry cream cheese so you could have pinkish-red dip if you want!)

jenniferknapp said:
another easy/yummy dip is equal parts of marshmallow fluff and softened cream cheese whipped together! (and now they have strawberry cream cheese so you could have pinkish-red dip if you want!)

That is a yummy dip!

If you don't use the creative cutters, be sure to use the crinkle cutter to cut up the fruit. (For cheapies like me it's better because there's less "leftover" fruit.)

raebates said:
If you don't use the creative cutters, be sure to use the crinkle cutter to cut up the fruit. (For cheapies like me it's better because there's less "leftover" fruit.)

Hey Rae!
When I have leftover fruit, I throw it in the freezer and use it for smoothies!

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Rae!
When I have leftover fruit, I throw it in the freezer and use it for smoothies!

Cool idea!

I was going to suggest a yogurt dip also! Kebobs sound like a fun idea for that age! I'd use the crinkle cutter!

Good idea, Becky. My son is the smoothie king.

Yummy FruitI think kabobs are good ideas but also just getting your chillzane tray and filling it up with pretty colorful fruits will definitely appeal to any child.

I once made 2 fruit trays for a church get together with strawberries, grapes, canteloupe, honey dew melon, bananas, and oranges. The kids couldn't stop eating it. They parked right in front of my trays and just ate and ate and ate. From the ages of 2 - 15!!
I used this recipe for making a fruit dip and they devoured every last piece. They said it was pretty and colorful and the dip was delicious. So as long as you decorate that tray in a colorful way with fresh delicious fruit, it will be a sure winner.

Fruit dip:
8 oz cream cheese
1 jar marshmallow creme

You can also add 8 oz of frozen whipped topping to 8 oz of cream cheese. One day I experimented and put all three ingredients together, it was yummy.

I personally like to get my chocolate fountain flowing and eating my strawberries and bananas that way!!
Debbie :D

Another good fruit dip is 1 8 oz. carton of strawberry yogurt plus 1 8 oz. carton of strawberry Cool Whip.

In our Kids Cookbook, we have a dip that is very popular with kids. I modify it to use 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip, 1 cup peanut butter and 1 cup Plain Yogurt.
You can use the Light version of any of the above, and it does not alter the flavor. The kids love to whip it up for me. It refrigerates well for several days, if it is not all consumed immediately! I love it with apple slices, especially, and it is nice with grapes and honeydew melon too!

1. What are some easy and healthy fruit ideas for a 3rd grade class party?

For a healthy and easy option, you can try making fruit skewers with a variety of colorful fruits such as strawberries, grapes, and pineapples. You can also make fruit kabobs with fruit and cheese, or a fruit salad with a mix of different fruits.

2. How can I make fruit more visually appealing for the kids?

One fun option is to make fruit animals by cutting fruit into different shapes and arranging them together to create cute creatures. You can also use cookie cutters to cut fruit into fun shapes or use food coloring to make a rainbow fruit platter.

3. How can I incorporate a variety of fruits without breaking the budget?

Buying fruits that are in season can help save money. You can also opt for frozen fruits, which are often more affordable than fresh ones. Another budget-friendly idea is to involve parents in bringing in different types of fruits for the party.

4. What are some creative ways to serve fruit at a 3rd grade class party?

You can serve fruit in cups or cones for a fun and mess-free option. For a more interactive experience, you can set up a DIY fruit pizza station where kids can choose their own toppings. You can also make fruit smoothies or fruit popsicles for a refreshing treat.

5. How can I accommodate for any fruit allergies in the class?

It's important to consider any food allergies in the class when planning fruit options. Some alternatives for common allergens are using sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter or using dairy-free yogurt for dips and toppings. You can also ask for any dietary restrictions beforehand to ensure all kids can enjoy the fruit options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• meganmcg
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • kreaser
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • chefdoodle