• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Pampered Chef Recipe for Class Project: Skillet Cake Demo

In summary, to make the Skillet Cake, you will need 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 cup of your choice of fruit (such as apples, peaches, or berries). It is recommended to use a 10-inch cast iron skillet for this recipe as it distributes heat evenly and creates a nice crust on the cake. However, you can also use a regular 10-inch skillet if that is what you have available. You can
ChefJeniLobdell
My sons has to learn how to do something and show what he has learned in class. Of course, he choose to cook something. Any ideas on a Pampered Chef recipe that he can prepare in front of class, that is easy? I was thinking of maybe a skillet cake baked ahead of time and then bringing in the ingredients that he could just mix together in the batter bowl.

Any ideas out there?

Glazed Peppered Pecans, made ahead. Then, he could take them off the S.A. Tiles Platter and put in "sample" bags with the Bamboo Tongs to hand out to the kids.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

How about the peanutty brownie pizza or something on that idea where you can bake the crust and then he can just "put it together at school."

OOOh yeah, Taffy Apple Pizza is ALWAYS a hit! ...of course there's the peanut allergy thing... I dig the profiteroles, you can bake them ahead, then mix the filling and fill them with the EAD then use the Decorator Bottles to drizzle the chocolate frosting. Maybe some sandwich wraps? You could cut them into pinwheels for smaller serving sizes!

Awesome ideas! Thanks. I am going to show him each one of these and see what he wants to make.

What ingredients do I need to make the Skillet Cake?

To make the Skillet Cake, you will need 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 cup of your choice of fruit (such as apples, peaches, or berries).

Do I need to use a specific type of skillet for this recipe?

It is recommended to use a 10-inch cast iron skillet for this recipe as it distributes heat evenly and creates a nice crust on the cake. However, you can also use a regular 10-inch skillet if that is what you have available.

Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour, or almond milk instead of regular milk. Just keep in mind that the texture and taste of the final product may vary.

How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the skillet?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the skillet, make sure to generously grease the skillet with butter or cooking spray before adding the batter. You can also sprinkle a little bit of flour on the greased skillet to create a non-stick surface.

Can I make this Skillet Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Skillet Cake ahead of time and reheat it before serving. To reheat, place the cake in a preheated 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through. You can also microwave individual slices for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cochef
  • missyciccolella
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shawnna