• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Coupon for Free Campbell's Stockpot Fresh Soup

A
Admin Greg
Rating: 0 Posted By: joe25
Views: 22 Replies: 1 http://promotion.familytime.com/stockpot/banner.asp
maximum value $4
requires SmartSource coupon printerMore Online Coupons from Fatwallet.com.
Get the coupon/deal here...

Was this the right thing to sayMy host for my show this Saturday left me a message over the weekend saying she needed more supplies, so I intended to call her back today since I was out of town.
She called me this morning before I got a chance to call her back and I asked her what she needed and she told me she actually had decided to sign up and since she didn't get ahold of me she called a local director. The director encouraged her just to sign up and do her own kitchen show and that it would be much better to sign up with her because she is closer (by 15 miles only).
I was furious with this, because the director obviously knew she was working with someone and also seemed to inflate how much training there would be to attend, so the distance was a huge issue.
I calmly told my host how it was indeed her decision who she would like to sign up under, but that it was part of the company etiquette that when someone was working with another consultant any other consultant would typically back off and leave them to continue that relationship. She said that the other director did mention that but said because I hadn't yet asked her to sign up (although there was information in her host packet which she just got Friday since she was a last minute booking) it would be fine for her to sign under her.
After talking with the host (whom I've never met) we decided just to go ahead with her show and she is going to use her kit credit to sign up under me.
The situation still frazzles me though and I am just wondering if that was the right thing to do and also do you think I should contact home office about this?

I do know of this other director and she has a reputation as a bit of a shark...

I don't think there is anything HO will do about it. But after she signs I'd find out the name of the director who was being such a worm...and I'd call that director & give her a piece of my mind!!

And to answer your initial question as to whether or not you said the right thing...YES, you handled it with dignity and grace - GO YOU!

I think you handled it with grace and said all the right things.;)
And to be honest, I've had the same thing happen with my own director, and currently it is happening with another local director trying to recruit my host. Host in question was a guest at a show with the other director, and told her that she already had a show booked with someone else. Director in question told her to cancel her show with me, book with her. Now she is calling her to trying to sign her. Class act there!***sarcasm intended****

amy07 said:
I think you handled it with grace and said all the right things.;)
And to be honest, I've had the same thing happen with my own director, and currently it is happening with another local director trying to recruit my host. Host in question was a guest at a show with the other director, and told her that she already had a show booked with someone else. Director in question told her to cancel her show with me, book with her. Now she is calling her to trying to sign her. Class act there!***sarcasm intended****

Oh my gosh! These people are crazy. How rude!!

As for almondfarm, Yes I think you handled it well. That's just nuts. I hope it all works out well for you.

I am floored by this, but sorry to say not shocked by it. You did the right thing... she is your lead and you deserve to sign her. Bad karma on the part of the other directors.

Sounds like you handled it well. Can you go to your upline with this and get some advice?

I, too think you handled it perfectly. I am appalled at the way some people handle their businesses. Remember what goes around comes around.

I do believe in karma.

almondfarm said:
She said that the other director did mention that but said because I hadn't yet asked her to sign up (although there was information in her host packet which she just got Friday since she was a last minute booking) it would be fine for her to sign under her.

While I understand and agree with most of what everyone is saying....I am surprised that no one brought up what you said above.

Remember, if you do not ask someone about the business opportunity and someone else does....they are the first person to talk about the opportunity with this person and actually can ethically sign them.

Now, the Director you are referring to above does sound like a shark...but I am sure next time that you will ask every host on your first contact with them.:)

She also said it was a very last minute booking. She did send the info even if she hadn't had the opportunity to discuss it yet.

I still think it is totally unethical to for that other Director to say just because someone has not verbally discussed the business before the date of the show gives her the right to encourage the host to drop the booking and sign under her. That's just wrong IMO.

For me, my wording would have been "Are you currently working with another consultant?" Not, "Has she asked you yet?" If someone is currently working with a consultant, she (the director) should have said, "That's great that you're interested. I'm sure that she will give you all of the info you need to make your decision." That falls into the category of ethics to me.

I do ask every host however, I usually discuss it with them when I do the first call after they get their packet, not on the call when I am setting the show date. I like to build a little bit of a relationship with the host prior to jumping into asking if they are interested in the business. This was a last minute booking from an outside order, so I had not really established a relationship with the host yet.

I feel like waiting until they actually have some information on the opportunity in front of them is easier for me.

Thanks for all of the reassuring comments, it has been one of those phone calls that just keeps replaying in my head as to what I should have said.

finley1991 said:
For me, my wording would have been "Are you currently working with another consultant?" Not, "Has she asked you yet?" If someone is currently working with a consultant, she (the director) should have said, "That's great that you're interested. I'm sure that she will give you all of the info you need to make your decision."

That falls into the category of ethics to me.

Very true Colleen! I too use those words and didn't even realize it! :DMuch more ethical.

But I was just trying to point out that there was a gray area there:angel:...not saying what the other Director was right or even ethical!

Related to Coupon for Free Campbell's Stockpot Fresh Soup

1. How do I get the coupon for free Campbell's Stockpot Fresh Soup?

To get the coupon, you can visit the promotion's website at promotion.familytime.com/stockpot/banner.asp. The maximum value of the coupon is $4 and it requires the SmartSource coupon printer.

2. Is there a limit to the number of times I can use the coupon?

The details of the coupon specify that it is limited to one per customer.

3. Can I use this coupon at any store?

The coupon can be redeemed at any store that accepts manufacturer's coupons for Campbell's products.

4. Are there any restrictions on which flavor of Campbell's Stockpot Fresh Soup I can get with this coupon?

No, the coupon is valid for any flavor of Campbell's Stockpot Fresh Soup.

5. How long is this coupon valid for?

The expiration date of the coupon is not specified, so it is best to use it as soon as possible to ensure it is still valid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies
Views
Mel5497
Replies
Views
Gagescorpages