• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Couple More Questions on the Black Forest Trifle

In summary, the Black Forest Trifle is a delicious dessert that requires chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, cherry pie filling, whipped topping, and chocolate shavings as its main ingredients. However, the cake mix can be substituted with any flavor of choice, and the trifle can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Fresh cherries can also be used instead of canned cherry pie filling, but the trifle may not be suitable for those with dietary restrictions due to its dairy, gluten, and sugar content. Modifications can be made to make it more accommodating for those with dietary restrictions.
jj16
Gold Member
Does it make a difference if I use the Large Bar Pan instead of the square baker? I don't have the square baker. Also, does the brand of whipped topping make a difference? Thanks for putting up with me and all my questions.

jj16:confused:

The brand of whipped topping won't make a difference. The pan question is another issue. The volume would be different with each. Do you have the new square metal pan? That would work.

No. All I have is the large bar pan and the DCB no metal pans. Maybe I should do the Molten Lava Cake instead. I was trying to do the trifle bowl because that's what the host is excited about. She's doing chili and I'm doing the dessert. My only concern with that recipe is that it doesn't show as many products.

I don't know the recipe exactly, but I'm assuming that your looking for a pan for brownies? If so, then why don't you just buy the family size mix and make the recipe for the cake like brownies in the Large Bar Pan and if you have extra brownies, then BONUS!! :love:

I was wondering if you could make the cake in the DCB? Has anyone tried a plain devil's food cake in the DCB?

I usually make the brownies at home and bring them with me to the show - so if you were planning on doing that - you could make brownies however you usually do them...?

1. What ingredients are needed to make the Black Forest Trifle?

The ingredients for the Black Forest Trifle include chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, cherry pie filling, whipped topping, and chocolate shavings.

2. Can I substitute the chocolate cake mix for a different flavor?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you prefer, such as vanilla or red velvet. Just make sure to adjust the other ingredients accordingly to complement the new flavor.

3. How far in advance can I make the trifle?

You can make the trifle up to 24 hours in advance and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It is best to add the whipped topping and chocolate shavings right before serving for optimal freshness.

4. Can I use fresh cherries instead of canned cherry pie filling?

Yes, you can use fresh cherries if you prefer. Simply pit and chop them before layering into the trifle.

5. Is the Black Forest Trifle suitable for those with dietary restrictions?

Unfortunately, this trifle contains dairy, gluten, and sugar, so it may not be suitable for those with certain dietary restrictions. However, you can try using dairy-free and gluten-free substitutes for the cake mix and pudding mix to make it more accommodating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jj16
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
Replies