1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Couple More Questions on the Black Forest Trifle

1. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

Does it make a difference if I use the Large Bar Pan instead of the square baker? I don't have the square baker. Also, does the brand of whipped topping make a difference? Thanks for putting up with me and all my questions.

jj16:confused:

Oct 14, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

The brand of whipped topping won't make a difference.

The pan question is another issue. The volume would be different with each. Do you have the new square metal pan? That would work.

Oct 14, 2009
  3. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

No. All I have is the large bar pan and the DCB no metal pans. Maybe I should do the Molten Lava Cake instead. I was trying to do the trifle bowl because that's what the host is excited about. She's doing chili and I'm doing the dessert. My only concern with that recipe is that it doesn't show as many products.

Oct 14, 2009
  4. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I don't know the recipe exactly, but I'm assuming that your looking for a pan for brownies? If so, then why don't you just buy the family size mix and make the recipe for the cake like brownies in the Large Bar Pan and if you have extra brownies, then BONUS!! :love:

Oct 14, 2009
  5. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Advanced Member Gold Member

I was wondering if you could make the cake in the DCB? Has anyone tried a plain devil's food cake in the DCB?

Oct 14, 2009
  6. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I usually make the brownies at home and bring them with me to the show - so if you were planning on doing that - you could make brownies however you usually do them...?

Oct 14, 2009
Have something to add?