• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you ready for Wave One? How are others preparing for the countdown?

In summary, you and your friends are planning a Meet and Greet for the last day of Wave One. There will be no food and you will have to leave at 4:45 a.m. to make it on time. There will also be a Meet and Greet for singles.
DUH! :)
check any college town and you will find a large portion of the males hanging in the freezer section...

Guilty!

chefann said:
Maybe. That was why he and his college roommates liked the freezer section of the grocery.

That's too funny!

Ladies, lesson learned. If you are in the freezer section and the men there are spending a little too much time looking at the frozen peas, they may not be looking at the frozen peas!

Well, maybe not frozen peas in the bag!?!:eek:

Ann, I love, love, love your new atavar (SP??).

Have fun, everyone! I'll be emailing the list to everyone on Sunday. My info will be there too, so be sure to keep me updated!! :D :D :D

baychef said:
Ann, I love, love, love your new atavar (SP??).
That's Bunsen, my Amazon parrot. He's a little cutie. There are lots of pics of him at Bunsen

Those are beautiful pictures (except he when he lookd sick, poor birdie). Is he still feeling fairly good these days?

He's healed. It's a miracle! OK, actually the vet didn't know exactly what was wrong with him. He thought it was diabetes. So we started giving him more protein (he loves the meatballs from Ikea). He's back to his old self now. And the last 2 times DH took him in to the vet for checkup and nail trim (they have to Dremel them), they said he was fine. And they were shocked that he was still alive. Both birds get pellet food that's engineered and organic, blah blah blah. We joke that they eat better than we do.

Today is July 1. There are only 9 days left until the start of Wave 1!

You'll come back from NC full of excitement and great ideas. Don't waste it. Start a list now of the people you want to contact after you get back. You know the people I'm talking about--all of those "maybe" and "one day soon" people. Start your list and put it where you'll find it within 24-48 hours of returning.

9 days! YAY!!

Woo HOO!!!! and 8 days till I pack..... hehehe ( a guy thing) :)

Ugh, need to start planning food for the family while I'm gone...freezable items that can be defrosted and nuked. I hate this part of being gone!!!

LOL.. I know where my son will be eating.... McDonalds, Wendys, etc..... Wonder if he still would if I took his Drivers licence and car keys???........

colegrovet said:

LOLOLOL - you sound like my husband!!

colegrovet said:
LOL.. I know where my son will be eating.... McDonalds, Wendys, etc..... Wonder if he still would if I took his Drivers licence and car keys???........

mean mean mean...

I need to get on the ball here and get things rolling. I need to have my stuff packed by this time one week from today!! I leave at 7 am next wednesday am.

colegrovet said:

Actually, that sounds just like me. Of course - I'm already packed in my mind......but the physical labor will take place Wed. evening, just before I go to bed......then I'll be leaving first thing Thursday morning!:thumbup:

I'm taking Wed off from FT job, so I'm sure I'll do some laundry and pack in the morning.

I'm way ahead of normal for me... I did drag the suit case up from the basement.
It's on my bedroom floor waiting.. Normally I would drag it up the day before I pack.

I won't be able pack until 1 -2 days before either. We are going out of town for the weekend and then I have to repack the boys to go to grandmas while I am gone.

An addition to today's tip:Make a list of the people you'll want to immediately send fall mini-catalogs to. I've already told 6 people that I'll slip one in the mail to them along with a list of the discontinuing items as soon as I'm back.

krzymomof4 said:
I won't be able pack until 1 -2 days before either. We are going out of town for the weekend and then I have to repack the boys to go to grandmas while I am gone.

You sound like me. We are going to Gulf Shores Alabama Thursday till Monday. I leave Wednesday am for the airport to Chicago. It will be a whole seperate type of clothes for each place. I just have to make sure my bathing suit is clean and dry to repack it. Our hotel in Chicago has a nice rooftop pool.

raebates said:
An addition to today's tip:

Make a list of the people you'll want to immediately send fall mini-catalogs to. I've already told 6 people that I'll slip one in the mail to them along with a list of the discontinuing items as soon as I'm back.

I'll bet they will like that better than a post card.

The postcards I send are for July/early August hosts. I consider it an extra little host-coaching contact. They'll receive a mini-catalog at their show.

Today is July 2. There are only 8 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Do one last check, skin out, of all your clothing. Remember to check everything carefully. Does anything need to be cleaned or mended? Does everything fit comfortably? Is there anything you can eliminate from your packing?

On a side note, several people on other threads have mentioned carrying Tide Stain Sticks. Those work well. Personally, I like Oxy Clean Spray-Away Instant Stain Remover. There are also the tried and true Shout Wipes. Whichever you choose, it's wise to carry something. Of course, you may not have as much trouble eating without spilling on yourself as I do. :eek:

raebates said:
Of course, you may not have as much trouble eating without spilling on yourself as I do. :eek:

Ugh - it's a miracle if I don't spill on the "shelf" every time I eat an actual meal! LOL

If Secret chef is out there...contact me...you were wanting to stay at the Hyatt McCormick on Wed. nite of wave 1...we have that space available...I PM"d you
call me on my cell 440-221-3466
karlene reaser

Rae, thanks for all the hints about making a list now of who to send catalogs and post cards to.

I was wondering if anyone had a post already made up to send from conference to let people know what's going on.

Ann R.

We are driving and going through Canada so I am sending out an e-mail reminder for my team members to locate their passport or birth certificate. For those flying you want to keep that driver's license handy!

For years, I have sent mini catties to about 100 people from conference. Of course, now that I have a system, I realize that this is costing more money than making me money. I do not have time to follow up with everyone, however, my tried and true hosts, I may still do this for.

I bring stickers to put on each mini catalog advertising my website.
Pre-printed stickers with the host's address on them
Stamps (42 cents)
A package of clear or white round stickers to seal the pages and your note to put in.
Stickers with my return address and contact information.
And they are sent from Chicago to let them know I am thinking of them or to thank them for their recent party.

Last year I made this on small sheets of paper for customers:
Thought you would like a sneak peak ….
The new Fall/Winter 2007 Pampered Chef product line has just been reveled and I wanted you to be one of the first to see what will be available September 1, 2007

Be one of the first to show your friends and family our beautiful new products! Maybe you know of a group that needs to hold a fundraiser.
Perhaps there is a couple that is engaged and would enjoy a gift, bridal show or would like to sign up for our Wedding Registry.

If you or anyone you know would like to enjoy some extra income, I would love to share information about the fun opportunity that being a Pampered Chef consultant brings!
Enjoy our new product brochure!
(shop from your seat this fall...order on line from my website at ANY time!)​

And this for my team members to get them excited:

The new Fall/Winter 2007 Pampered Chef product line has just been reveled and I wanted you to see what will be available September 1, 2007!

So call all of your past hosts, guests, friends and family to book a show to see our beautiful new products! Maybe you know of a group that needs to hold a fundraiser.
Perhaps there is a couple that is engaged and would enjoy a gift, bridal show or would like to sign up for our Wedding Registry. You may begin ordering Fall paperwork on July 25th!
Share this brochure with your customers and someone who you think may enjoy all that a Pampered Chef business has to offer! Will be contacting you about getting together for an intro to the new Fall/Winter 2007 product line!!

Enjoy our new product brochure!

Last edited:
Great ideas, thanks Ann.

Ann R.

I have sent new catalogs to my teams members (all inactive) also with no reponse. I will probably do again this year.

Ann R.

Love that Ann! I have a bunch of ladies who were waiting for the new catalog, so I'll probably bring the supplies to do this from Chicago!

You might want to edit your post to remove your address and phone though ;)

redsoxgirl said:
You might want to edit your post to remove your address and phone though ;)

And the PWS link

Thanks...all is edited!!

PampMomof3 said:
I need to get on the ball here and get things rolling. I need to have my stuff packed by this time one week from today!! I leave at 7 am next wednesday am.

Yikes! I need to have my stuff packed sometime in the next two days...we head for Florida on Saturday and I'll fly to Chicago from there. Sooooo, I have to pack myself for two weeks + Chicago, 2 children for 2 weeks and 1 dog. :eek: It's a 12 hour drive from here so I'm also putting together things for the kids to do other than veg in front of movies for 12 hours.

Wish me luck!

YIKES is right!!! Good luck!!

Today is July 3. There are only 7 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Only 1 week to go! :D Yippee!

Now's the time to start checking on the weather forecast for Chicago. That may help you narrow your clothing choices, lightening your packing load.

NC TipToday is July 4. Happy Independence Day!

There are only 6 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Just a reminder: While you're at NC, you'll be on CDT. If you live in another time zone, you may want to start adjusting your body clock soon. You don't want to be miserably tired at NC.

NC TipToday is July 5. There are only 5 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Open your suitcase, and put it in an out-of-the-way but easy-to-reach place. (Mine is on the couch in our bedroom.) Now use this as a place to start gathering the things you want to take with you. Don't worry about the order you're putting them in or "packing" them at this point. You'll pack the day you leave (or maybe the night before) so you won't wrinkle your clothes. For right now it's just a place to gather the things you don't need on a daily basis so you won't forget to take them along.

Put a copy of your packing list nearby so you can check things off as you put them in.

Today is July 6. There are only 4 days left until the start of Wave 1!

We've talked about the importance of comfortable shoes. Now is a good time to check over the ones you're bringing. Clean and inspect them before packing. Polish them, if necessary. If you're like me, you'll want to look good almost as much as you'll want to be comfortable. ;)

Today is July 7. There are only 3 days until the start of Wave 1!Take time to make definite plans with your roommates/clustermates. Who's getting up first? Where will you meet for General Sessions? Are you eating "on your own" meals together? If so, where? Make sure you have one another's cell phone #s. Doing this right away may save you worry, time, and even hurt feelings later.

I KNOW, I KNOW I AM IN WAVE 3! BUT ARE YOU READY WAVE 1???????
I am wishing all of you a great time, easy trips in and out and totally loads of fun!!!

I'm READY READY READY ... well, I'm not packed or anything but I'm READY!!!!!!!!!!!

quiverfull7 said:
I'm READY READY READY ... well, I'm not packed or anything but I'm READY!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane~

I am gonna miss you! I really wish I was going with y'all! Have a great time and get some goosebumps for me! (That's my favorite part...all the excitement of general sessions, the new products, listening to the speeches...) :love::love:

We're going to miss you too! Take care of that precious life okay? I'll be sure you have plenty of goosebump moments for ya! :)

NC tipToday is July 8. There are only 2 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Squeeze the air out of your bottles (shampoo, lotion, cosmetics, etc.) before you pack them. It allows the contents to expand without bursting or opening the bottles. Then, put your squished bottles into a zippered bag just in case. This is especially important if you're traveling by air, but it can help no matter how you travel.

Don't forget your "plug-in" cell phone charger!!! I usually charge mine in my car, and last year completely forgot about needing to charge it without having a car there!!!

c00p said:
Don't forget your "plug-in" cell phone charger!!! I usually charge mine in my car, and last year completely forgot about needing to charge it without having a car there!!!

ME TOO! I posted that on the "Help With Packing" thread yesterday....your phone is only good if you can recharge it!:rolleyes:

Don't forget other cords as well - laptop, iPod, etc!

Don't forget to back up your P3 and other computer programs before you leave. I am "the" computer person at home so I have to take care of everything. Hate to come home to a bad situation and not having things backed up.

Ann R.

ChefBeckyD said:
ME TOO! I posted that on the "Help With Packing" thread yesterday....your phone is only good if you can recharge it!:rolleyes:

Uh yeah, can't find my wall one so have to hall the car one with my little converter to 110 power. :grumpy:

<h2>1. What exactly is Wave One?</h2><p>Wave One refers to the first release of new products and updates from Pampered Chef for the year. It typically includes highly anticipated items and improvements to existing products.</p><h2>2. When does Wave One usually happen?</h2><p>Wave One typically happens in January, although the exact date may vary each year. This year, it is happening in just 66 days!</p><h2>3. What can we expect from Wave One?</h2><p>While the exact details of Wave One are not yet released, you can expect new and improved products, as well as updates to existing products to make your cooking and entertaining experience even better.</p><h2>4. How can I prepare for Wave One?</h2><p>To prepare for Wave One, you can start by making a list of products you are interested in and staying updated on any sneak peeks or announcements from Pampered Chef. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to plan your purchases.</p><h2>5. Are there any special deals or promotions for Wave One?</h2><p>Yes, there are often special deals and promotions for Wave One, such as discounted bundles or free gifts with purchase. These will be announced closer to the release date, so be sure to stay tuned for updates.</p>

1. What exactly is Wave One?

Wave One refers to the first release of new products and updates from Pampered Chef for the year. It typically includes highly anticipated items and improvements to existing products.

2. When does Wave One usually happen?

Wave One typically happens in January, although the exact date may vary each year. This year, it is happening in just 66 days!

3. What can we expect from Wave One?

While the exact details of Wave One are not yet released, you can expect new and improved products, as well as updates to existing products to make your cooking and entertaining experience even better.

4. How can I prepare for Wave One?

To prepare for Wave One, you can start by making a list of products you are interested in and staying updated on any sneak peeks or announcements from Pampered Chef. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to plan your purchases.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions for Wave One?

Yes, there are often special deals and promotions for Wave One, such as discounted bundles or free gifts with purchase. These will be announced closer to the release date, so be sure to stay tuned for updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Poll
  • rebeccastt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views