• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disney Countdown: Tips for a Magical Trip | Groceries, Alcohol Delivery & More!

In summary, Katie started a countdown to Disney and everyone is doing different things to gear up. Katie ordered groceries and is looking forward to not cooking for a week. Katie is also interested in a meet and greet. Katie and her family are leaving on Friday.
cookn' katie
I am super excited for our Disney trip, Just thought it would be fun to start a countdown and see what everyone is doing to gear up for their trip........ May help others think of something they forgot, give ideas, ect!!!!

Leave in 6 DAYS!!! Ordered my groceries from Garden Grocer tonight! FYI.. you can order alcohol and have it deliever to your room also! Beer on property is really expensive and if I am on vacation I am going to enjoy a cold one!!

Has anyone already checked in? I read you can do that up to 10 days in advance. Do we need a reference # to do that? Last time I called WDW, they didn't have one for me yet!

Glad you started this, Katie!! 8 days and counting for us. Kids already know that Monday is MK day. They're primed to get up really early, even though we're not an early morning family. Have been mentally packing. Got a little shoulder bag to use in the parks for phone, camera, money, key card, etc. Going in a minute to start going through park attractions with them (MK and AK tonight) to see what they want to do so I can plan accordingly, esp. fast passes. Have already written down park hours, EMHs. Shoot, keep forgetting to book Bippity Boppity Boutique for my daughter. I think she forgot about it. No dining reservations for us. We're going counter service or see if we can get in somewhere last minute.

Really looking forward to not cooking for a week!

Oh, and another thing... Anyone interested in a Meet & Greet? It will probably be awfully hard since we're with families doing family things. Maybe at Coronado Springs for breakfast on Mon.?

My suit cases are ready to be packed , all ready have my stuff layed out .
what's this about checking in ? what do we have to do ?

We will be there on Sat about 11;30 or so hanging by the pool all day . Then maybe down town disney at night

Can't wait for my mickey ears !!!!

cookn' katie said:
I am super excited for our Disney trip, Just thought it would be fun to start a countdown and see what everyone is doing to gear up for their trip........ May help others think of something they forgot, give ideas, ect!!!!

Leave in 6 DAYS!!! Ordered my groceries from Garden Grocer tonight! FYI.. you can order alcohol and have it deliever to your room also! Beer on property is really expensive and if I am on vacation I am going to enjoy a cold one!!

Has anyone already checked in? I read you can do that up to 10 days in advance. Do we need a reference # to do that? Last time I called WDW, they didn't have one for me yet!

I was wondering where did you find information about the Garden Grocer? Thanks

We leave thursday the 10th I am feeling overwhelmed to get everything done before we leave and I have shows and meetings. But very excited.

I am really getting excited for Disney. I have a huge list of things to do before leaving for Disney. I had better get busy. See you there!

We are leaving Friday, about 5am! We just cannot wait, I have every night booked from tomorrow night until Thurs with getting things ready!
I am also curious about this early check in...any info?
And, I'd be up for a meet n greet at the breakfast too!

christinaspc said:
I was wondering where did you find information about the Garden Grocer? Thanks

We leave thursday the 10th I am feeling overwhelmed to get everything done before we leave and I have shows and meetings. But very excited.

GardenGrocer.com, The Selection of a SUPERMARKET Delivered to Your Door! They deliever to the resort for only $12. We are going to try to eat lunch and breakfast in the room, so I ordered water, pop, chips, beer, bread, lunch meat, juice and milk. Then taking a spare suitcase full of food and snacks. That way I will have more room for the stuff I buy!!

Where did you read about checking in early? I guess I haven't come across that information yet.

You can pick up Park Hopper passes early -- Friday and Saturday -- look at the schedule of events on CC to get times, etc.

Only 3 more days until we leave!! :) Super excited!! :)

4 more nights at our house until we leave. Bummer of a day, my 9 year old, fell and fractured his elbow. Our ortho said no water activities at all! But the OPA put him in a splint and told us how to dry it out if need be! I guess lots and lots of plastic bags will now be added to the already packed full purse!
I am calling reservations tomorrow and seeing if I can have a reservation # and if we can check in before we leave!

No. I haven't packed a thing. I did buy ponchos and glow necklaces at the dollar tree last week. Tomorrow I'm getting the dog groomed so he can stay at Dad's (or someone's/anyone's home)without embarrassment. I still need to call to get brakes on my car. Thursday I just called and added an extra day to our trip. Forgot to tell boss I was off next week...Thankfully, she is my sister and knows I deserve a break...then I told her about conference...

I'm not packed because we are traveling by car, my kids are 13 & 15, so they can pack themselves.

So, if you have even one suitcase packed you are ahead of me. Feel great about your accomplishment! I'm jealous.

I have exactly 0 bags packed. In my mind I have all my bags packed. I just need to work on the transition from dreams to reality.
My son will be celebrating his 13th birthday while we are in Disney so I would like to have some special birthday plans for him. Any ideas?

Hah! My son just turned 13! We should hook up...but not tell them...it would embarrass them. They would rather be bored than have us baby them...

I can't believe Harry Potter World doesn"t open up until the 18th!!!

Only 3 days until hubby and I arrive at the Grand Floridian and not one bag packed- looks like that will happen tomorrow...probably late at night :) Spent literally all day yesterday (with the exception of hour and a half letting my phone recharge) on the phone closing shows, coaching team members, and host coaching. Still have a good half days worth of calls left, host packets to pop out and some relay for life items to drop off. Oh, and I have a show tonight and tomorrow. Whoever said the phrase "busy people get things done" should be here to hand me a paper bag for the hyperventilating I am experiencing :) LOL!
Okay it's 8:30am and I need to get rockin'! Safe flights and roads to everyone! and kudos to you all who earned this fabulous trip- YOU ROCK!!!

jbondr said:
I have exactly 0 bags packed. In my mind I have all my bags packed. I just need to work on the transition from dreams to reality.
My son will be celebrating his 13th birthday while we are in Disney so I would like to have some special birthday plans for him. Any ideas?

I believe there are some special things that you can have done for him on his birthday. Will a 13 year old want them is another issue! He gets free park admission on his birthday. If you are extending your trip that is one less day that you have to pay for on his park hopper. He can get a pin at the park that day by telling them, prob. at the customer service desk at the entrance. If you're doing a sit-down meal, call ahead and you can arrange to have a cake for his dessert. I bet if you call the main Disney World # they can tell you all of the options and how to get it done. Or go more personal and do something extra that he would really enjoy that's not covered by PC.

Becca, Thanks for the ideas. He was bummed when he first realized his birthday would be during our Disney trip. He has decided it would be okay as long as we have a get together (campout) with his friends later. I will bring some decorations for the room. I plan to call Disney today for more birthday options.

FYI~ I heard from many people who have visited in June, almost every day there is a 10/20 minute period that it pours and pours. They all told me to go to Walmart and buy really cheap ponchos, they run like $1.25 each and then just toss them when the rain is over. The ones they sell at Disney run over $10. Any way to save money!

cookn' katie said:
FYI~ I heard from many people who have visited in June, almost every day there is a 10/20 minute period that it pours and pours. They all told me to go to Walmart and buy really cheap ponchos, they run like $1.25 each and then just toss them when the rain is over. The ones they sell at Disney run over $10. Any way to save money!

Dollar Tree has the 2 for a $1!! And if you have little ones or are like me and Love glow Necklaces they have those- 2 in a pack for $1...

cookn' katie said:

DEFINITELY bring ponchos and buy them BEFORE you get to Orlando - - it rains most days in South Florida for about 30-90 minutes in the late afternoon.

dannyzmom said:
DEFINITELY bring ponchos and buy them BEFORE you get to Orlando - - it rains most days in South Florida for about 30-90 minutes in the late afternoon.

LOL I think w/ forecasted 90+ temps and the humidity, I might just stand out there and not worry about it! :D

Becca_in_MD said:
I believe there are some special things that you can have done for him on his birthday. Will a 13 year old want them is another issue! He gets free park admission on his birthday.

Just an FYI, you no longer get in for free on your birthday, that was only during 2009. You can get a pin with your name on it that says Happy Birthday to wear and all the cast members will wish him happy birthday. I know we used to get balloons on our rooms when it was a birthday but I don't think they do that anymore (at least not for free).

jbondr said:

I am not going on this trip but we went last summer and we celebrated my daughters birthday there, for her it was Bibbity Bobbity boutique and dinner with the princesses in Epcot, which I'm sure your son wouldn't like (well maybe the princesses :love:) but if you go to http://www.disneyflorist.com you can order something fun for him and they will have it in your room for you at the resort! Since it was our first trip, I got each of my kids personalized mickey ears and it came with an autograph book and a pen, my son was 13 at the time and he liked it. There is some cool stuff there, if I had more money I would have done the grand welcome stuff for her but I spent enough already! Enjoy your trip, I am so jealous!!!

They also have a Pirate makeover type thing for boys with Pirates of the Caribbean. here is the link, not sure if that is somethign he would still be into at 13 or not since I don't have any old.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/pirates-league/

We just got back from WDW last week. We were there the last full week of May. It was HOT. Sweat just pours down your back! We were at "rope drop" (opening of the park) every morning, and out of the park by 1pm or so for afternoon breaks or swimming. So we missed the worst of the heat of the day that way. Then we'd go back to the park (or a different one, we had Park Hopper tickets) for dinner and a few hours. If we go to the SAME park from the morning- that's when we'd use our Fast Passes collected/saved. So really for us, the late afternoon/early evening was the toughest while it was still hot. But our kids were troopers!But yes- it did typically rain nearly every day- for a short period. I used my cell phone to periodically check the radar (especially when the sky looked like it could produce something). We got lucky and only were rained on ONCE though- the rest, we managed to get on a ride, or in a restaurant just in time. The one time we DID get wet was as we were coming out of the "mine" on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, there's a 'water fall' that mists you. Well, it was POURING outside! But felt great!Take plenty of water to stay hydrated!!! We were on the dining plan- so we would always have water with meals, or take the extra water bottles with us. We'd carry 1-2 in my backpack, and then buy cold ones as we used them up. It made a big difference. (if your pee is nearly clear, you know you are drinking enough!) If you do stay in a park all day, then plan out your day to incorporate the indoor (translation AIR CONDITIONED (usually)) rides or shows into the afternoons. Sometimes you can find hidden gardens, or quiet nooks here and there too. They also have misting stations set up in various places to cool off.Additional note: Hollywood Studios is hosting STAR WARS WEEKEND on June 11-13. It's the last one for this year. SO if you are going early, DHS will be very busy on Saturday!! Sunday may be better...but if you are going with PC- just go then! :)HAVE FUN! We had a blast. *Oh...one more tip- for Epcot fireworks, should you go....to get good viewing without all the crowds- be over by Norway, Germany, Italy, etc....that side! People start scoping out seats about an hour before. If you can see the center barges, you'll get a good show. Be sure not to let the small island(s) block your view of the barges or you'll miss some things. When the show is over...you'll be at the BACK of the masses and can leisurely exit- and hit a few of the bigger stores on the way out! (Same holds true at Magic Kingdom- but our viewing spot was in the Rose Garden- to the right of the castle when you are facing it. It's between the path to Fantasyland/Tomorrowland. Very few people there, and Tink flies right over your head! The fireworks will be just to the right of the castle.)

jbondr said:
Where did you read about checking in early? I guess I haven't come across that information yet.

You can't check in early unless you are arriving early, of course. If you are arriving on Sunday, you will check in at the PC table at the hotel (just like in Miami last year).

Thanks for the check in information.

DebbieJ said:
You can't check in early unless you are arriving early, of course. If you are arriving on Sunday, you will check in at the PC table at the hotel (just like in Miami last year).

We are coming in on Saturday, so do I just call when? Or how does it work? We are actually thinking of starting our drive TOMORROW afternoon! My husband says he has the "itchy foot!"

chefsteph07 said:
We are coming in on Saturday, so do I just call when? Or how does it work? We are actually thinking of starting our drive TOMORROW afternoon! My husband says he has the "itchy foot!"
I would assume just go to the hotel check in desk. We're arriving on Friday and that's what we'll do since the charges for Friday and Saturday night are our responsibility anyway and we still have to pay the hotel--they don't have our CC info from PC.

Last edited:
Normally- it's like any other hotel check in. I've done both ways. Regular check-in didn't take that long, and this last trip last month, we did the new early-check in and they had our packet ready for us and they just confirmed everything, and handed it to us. Our room was NOT ready though ...so early-check in doesn't mean you can necessarily get into your room right away. Our first trip- it WAS ready...this last month, same time arrival (about 9:30am), our room was NOT ready until about lunch. So nothing to fret about. :) Go. Have fun! you'll get taken care of very well by the CM of Disney (CM = Cast Members). Enjoy!

esavvymom said:
Normally- it's like any other hotel check in. I've done both ways. Regular check-in didn't take that long, and this last trip last month, we did the new early-check in and they had our packet ready for us and they just confirmed everything, and handed it to us. Our room was NOT ready though ...so early-check in doesn't mean you can necessarily get into your room right away. Our first trip- it WAS ready...this last month, same time arrival (about 9:30am), our room was NOT ready until about lunch.

So nothing to fret about. :) Go. Have fun! you'll get taken care of very well by the CM of Disney (CM = Cast Members). Enjoy!

Yeah, I figure if our room isn't ready we'll just go hop in the pool anyway!

Oh, ok, I thought I read an earlier post that you could "call ahead" and check in, but maybe I was wrong, I've been known to do that from time to time! LOL

We got our tickets with our check-in packet, so we parked the car and hopped a shuttle to a park for the day, but the pool would be a good option too (depending on time of day) - or Downtown Disney or one of the mini-golf courses or something.

esavvymom said:
We got our tickets with our check-in packet, so we parked the car and hopped a shuttle to a park for the day, but the pool would be a good option too (depending on time of day) - or Downtown Disney or one of the mini-golf courses or something.

Since we're arriving early, there are limited times to pick up tickets from PC and it won't make sense to burn a day of our pass at that point, so the pool it is!

Just ordered breakfast stuff (bagels, juice, fruit), and a case of water from Garden Grocer. How coolio is that!!!

I am officially checked in on the flight, bags are packed and waiting by the door. Going to take some sleeping medicine, lately my head won't shut off!! Our flight leaves at 1015!! Can't wait to see you all there!

I did not earn the trip, so I want to wish everyone who did A WONDERFUL TIME! You will be spending your first day on my birthday too, so please lift a glass of your preferred beverage for me.

HAVE A BLAST!!!!

Susan, I will be happy to drink a drink for you, Happy Birthday!!

Even though I earned the trip DH and I decided it was more worth our money to take the cg and go to DL in Oct. So everyone who is going have a fun time.

I lived in Florida many years. Wear clothing that breathes, i.e., not blue jeans, etc. Shorts are a must....bring sunscreen and a hat that you can crush/stuff under your shirt (if you're going on the rides). Be prepared to be drinking lots of water all day; you will need to keep hydrated. Make sure your kids do, too. If you have little ones and don't bring a stroller, rent one there.

Pick up coupon books...they usually have good meal specials. You can eat at the international restaurants at Epcot if you have a parkhopper pass. Many of the restaurants there have a ride/exhibit as well as good food.

Bottom line: be very prepared for the heat and humidity.

Have a wonderful time!!!

1. What is the best way to countdown to a Disney trip and prepare for it?

A great way to countdown to your Disney trip is to create a fun and interactive countdown calendar. You can also start packing and planning out your days at Disney to make the most of your trip.

2. Can I have groceries and alcohol delivered to my room at Disney?

Yes, you can have groceries and alcohol delivered to your room by using services like Garden Grocer. This is a great way to save money on expensive drinks and snacks at the park.

3. Is it recommended to check in for my Disney trip in advance?

Yes, it is recommended to check in for your Disney trip up to 10 days in advance. This will save time and make the check-in process smoother when you arrive at the park. You will need to provide a reference number to check in.

4. How do I check in for my Disney trip in advance?

You can check in for your Disney trip by logging into your My Disney Experience account or by calling the WDW reservation line. You will need to provide your reference number to complete the check-in process.

5. How can I save money on drinks at Disney?

One way to save money on drinks at Disney is to use the refillable mugs available at the resorts. You can also bring your own water bottle and refill it at water fountains throughout the park. Additionally, ordering groceries from outside vendors like Garden Grocer can also save money on drinks and snacks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
Back