• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Flaky Host: Tips for Handling Last-Minute Show Cancellations

In summary, the conversation revolved around a potential show that was booked from a Babies "R" Us booth a couple of weeks ago. The host was not able to do her usual host coaching due to the short notice, but she stayed in touch with the host through phone calls. However, the host did not answer her call the day before the show and did not return any calls. The expert suggests leaving a message assuming that the show will not happen and focusing on other shows. Another person shared a similar experience with a host not responding and suggested rescheduling the show for a later date. The expert plans to call back and leave a message asking for a rescheduled date, hoping that the host will still be interested in having a show.
mrssyvo
We did the Babies "R" Us booth a couple of weeks ago, and I booked a show from there for tonight. It was only about 2 weeks ahead, so I was not able to do my usual host coaching (mailing invites for host, ect) but I did stay in touch by phone, and I even called her last week while I was on vacation, to discuss some things, and I told her I would call her Monday (day before the show) to finalize count and get directions, since she lives in a new area, not on mapquest. I called her yesterday, and she answered,and I identified myself the phone went dead. (she may of hung up, I am not sure) I tried to call back, and it went to voice mail. I tried several more times during the day, the last time leaving a message, that I needed her to call me back that evening, to confirm the show was still on, Still no call. I purchased the ingredoents, ect, which I can use elsewhere, I guess. Should I assume she flaked on me, and just leave a message that I am assuming there will be no show, and go on about my day. I have plenty to keep me busy (with 5 more shows to close this week, and a show on Thursday) I still may be able to hit the $3,000 mark.

or you could leave a message saying "i'll be arriving at x:00 to start setting up,see you then!" she is sure to call you back then.
or try calling from your cell or another # try to catch her that way.

I did that- I called from my cell, and that is when she "hung up" She knows I cannot just show up, because she knows that Mapquest does not give directions to her home, and I was to call her to get directions. I think I will just plan on not having a show tonight, unless she calls. I am not going to do the prep work unless needed.

It's probably past the time for your show, but I wanted to let you know I had a very similar situation last week. The host simply wouldn't get back to me. I left several messages about the show,planning,recipes etc. Then I left a couple more saying if I hadn't heard from her by the day before the show I would take another opportunity I had for the evening, and we'd reschedule for a later date. Two days after the "show" she called and appologized profusely for "blowing me off" and would like to schedule for late July/August. :rolleyes: We'll see, but it did end on a hopeful note...hope yours did too!
Ember

no, It did not end well. She has not called me back at all. The problem is, I spoke to her on the phone several times to discuss her show, and every time she was excited about her show. It was only the call yesterday that she hung up on me, and no return calls. That is the problem.

Sorry to hear that.:(
But, I would call back and leave a message on voicemail or whatever asking for a date to reschedule her show, be excited ...maybe she just couldn't get people to commit and didn't know how to tell you, but would still like to have a show. Perhaps this will give her the extra time she needs to gather outside orders and remind her potential guests. Good luck!

Related to Dealing with a Flaky Host: Tips for Handling Last-Minute Show Cancellations

1. What if I don't have all the ingredients listed in a recipe?

If you don't have all the ingredients listed in a recipe, you can try to substitute similar ingredients or omit the missing ingredient altogether. However, keep in mind that the end result may be slightly different than the original recipe.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef products in the microwave?

Yes, most of our products are microwave safe. However, it's always best to check the product packaging or instructions to be sure.

3. How do I clean my Pampered Chef products?

Most of our products are dishwasher safe, but it's always best to check the product packaging or instructions for specific cleaning instructions. For tough stains or residue, we recommend using our Nylon Pan Scrapers or our Cleaning Paste.

4. Can I return a product if I'm not satisfied?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

5. Do you offer any cooking classes or demonstrations?

Yes, we offer cooking classes and demonstrations through our network of independent consultants. You can find and contact a consultant near you to schedule a class or demonstration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies