• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Avoid Being Flaked On: How to Handle a Flaky Hostess for Fundraisers

In summary, Kathy received a flaky hostess and did not hear back from her. She contacted her again and left a message but still has not heard from her. Kathy is going to start using postcalls to get in touch with her flaky hostess.
Kathytnt
I got my first flaky hostess - I primarily do fundraisers so this doesn't happen often. The show was booked out of another fundraiser back in November. Sent her her packet - e-mailed and called to confirm she received it - No response. Finally got in touch with her Sunday. She said she was excited about the show but thought she might have to go out of town. (Now I am questioning how many people did you invite if you think you may be going out of town???) I asked her to call me on Monday and leave a message to let me know whether or not we were confirmed for Thursday. Never heard from her. Emailed and called again on Tuesday leaveing a message to let me know what to do or let's reschedule and these are the dates I have available. I let her know that she needs to call me as soon as possible because I have a special goal for the next 30 days and I am booking heavy.

Sure hope she didn't invite a bunch a people and didn't bother to ever call me back. It could cause me a black eye with a group for which I do a lot of fundraisers but what am I to do. I don't make any money - I give htem al my commision and this is what happens. Although this is the first time this havs happened.

I will be working in my office to book for February and March

I've left the message on my flaky hosts telling them since I didn't hear from them I'll be coming at x time and bringing catalogs for 15 people and let me know if they need me to bring more. This has always received a response! I don't know how far away she lives but it may be worth showing up if you're afraid of looking bad with your customers.

If it doesn't turn out then spend some time for you tonight. This is one of the areas where sending the invites for them really helps because you know if you don't have a list back they haven't invited anyone!

Sorry this happened.

I am going to start offering to send out the invitation and adding a postage paid envelope for them to send it. So you do the reminder calls???

Did you ever hear back from her?

Nope - It was supposed to be tonight at 6:30 Its 7:35 and not word

Kathy,

I do the reminder calls through postcalls which is a recorded site. You buy a certain number of calls ahead of time and then use them as you go. It's very easy. I just started doing this in November so not a whole lot of experience so far but it seems to work well. Another thing my director does that I'm going to start is that she uses the address sheets and tells them that if they fill one up completely then she will give them $10 in free product credit at their show. She has had all of her hosts this month fill the first sheet and half of the second one!

Let me know if you want a referral for postcalls as I couldn't find the rate I received on the internet site. I got a referral from my director.

What is a "flaky hostess"?

A "flaky hostess" is someone who agrees to host a Pampered Chef fundraiser but then cancels or doesn't follow through with their commitments, causing delays and inconveniences for both the consultant and the organization.

How can I prevent being flaked on by a hostess?

To prevent being flaked on, it's important to have a clear agreement with the hostess from the beginning. Make sure the hostess understands their responsibilities, such as inviting guests, providing a space for the event, and promoting it. Additionally, have a backup plan in case the hostess cancels, such as having another hostess lined up or planning a virtual or catalog party.

What should I do if my hostess cancels last minute?

If your hostess cancels last minute, it's important to stay calm and professional. Reach out to them to understand the reason for the cancellation and see if there is any way to salvage the event. If not, try to reschedule with another hostess or switch to a virtual or catalog party. Don't forget to communicate with the organization about the changes.

How should I handle a hostess who is not fulfilling their commitments?

If your hostess is not fulfilling their commitments, it's important to address the issue as soon as possible. Have a conversation with them to understand their challenges and see if there is any way to support them. If they continue to not follow through, consider finding a new hostess or switching to a virtual or catalog party.

What can I do to make sure my fundraiser is successful, even with a flaky hostess?

Even with a flaky hostess, there are still ways to make your fundraiser successful. Communicate with the organization and guests about any changes or delays, have a backup plan in case the hostess cancels, and promote the event yourself through social media or word of mouth. Additionally, focus on providing excellent customer service and product knowledge to make the most of the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedinAlaska
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
genburk