• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do I Do If My Pampered Chef Host Cancels Last Minute?

In summary, the host called the guest to cancel, but the guest emailed the host to let them know that they were sick and would get the list. The host called back and left a message, and then called again on Monday. The guest did not answer the phone, so the host left a voicemail. The guest emailed back and said they were having family issues and would need to reschedule.
PChef_ang
Gold Member
:eek: Okay, I have a show Saturday @ 11:30 for a gal who used to be a consultant in TX. She sought me out at a Fundrasier, we talked about the type of show, I'd send the invites, pick up ingredients, etc. I hadn't received her guest list so I called to follow up. Date still good, she was sick, and would get me the guest list. Still no list, emailed letting her know that she could email me the list and I would make calls for invites. Called back on Monday saying I hope she's doing okay and wanted to touch base for Saturday.

I called last night, now I would normally have called this off, but from reading other posts I left the following message:
Hi, It's Angela with PC, I'm really looking forward to our show on Saturday morning! I believe I am picking up the ingredients and should be at your house around 11:00. If this date or time no longer works for you I do have a couple of different dates available, but unless I hear from you otherwise I will see you Saturday.

I think I have read that this type of message always gets a call back if they are cancelling. I don't think I have read where someone has needed to follow through because the host calls to cancel/reschedule, etc..

Do I actually show up at her house if I don't hear from her? :eek: I just don't know!! This is way out of my comfort zone and I really don't want to waste time on shopping for the show if we aren't going to have it.

I am hoping you all have some sound advice for me.:D

This is one of those times where you put on your big girl clothes and make a decision to do your business. I suggest you go, and if she isn't home, leave a business card and an order form and go home and call for other bookings. You still declare mileage to the show and any other expenses you incurred.I don't have this problem because 80% of my hosts have me do the invites for them - it guarantees good attendance, and the lowest show I have had where I do the invites, was $850.

scottcooks said:
I suggest you go, and if she isn't home, leave a business card and an order form and go home and call for other bookings.

Yep, you should go.

my DH is worried that maybe somebody died or in the hospital, etc..I guess we will see when I get there.
I'm still kind of hoping she'll call one way or the other..

Heard anything from her yet?

Well what happened?

Yes, I am curious too!

Hey, I forgot to subscribe to my own thread, lol! Well, I had made up my mind that I would follow through with what I had said I would do. I gave her one more call saying that I forgot (which is true) that I needed an idea of how many people were coming as I was picking up the ingredients and wanted to make sure I had enough, otherwise I would take a guess and hope we had enough.

Fianlly that night I received an email letting me know they were having family issues and would need to reschedule.

So no show, but Friday night I got a call to do a Fundrasier event for a local school's After prom committee. It was kind of a bust, one order, generated some interest, and a possible booking.

I don't know if I'll use the "I'll see you unless I hear from you" again, but for this one time I was out of my comfort zone!!

Thanks for the advice!!

What is "Now What Do I Do?? Little Long"?

"Now What Do I Do?? Little Long" is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features simple and delicious recipes for everyday meals.

What types of recipes are included in "Now What Do I Do?? Little Long"?

This cookbook features a variety of recipes ranging from appetizers and sides to main dishes and desserts. There are also options for vegetarian and gluten-free meals.

Are the recipes in "Now What Do I Do?? Little Long" easy to follow?

Yes, all of the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be easy to follow, even for beginner cooks. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure success in the kitchen.

Are the ingredients for the recipes in "Now What Do I Do?? Little Long" easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for these recipes can be found at most grocery stores. They are also common pantry staples, making it easy to whip up a meal without having to make a special trip to the store.

Can I purchase "Now What Do I Do?? Little Long" in a physical copy or only as an e-book?

You can purchase "Now What Do I Do?? Little Long" in both physical and e-book formats. It is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website, as well as through independent consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tiberly
Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • Kelly8
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies