• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do They Say They Will, Then....

In summary, Sarah's director tells her to keep following up with people until they say no, or until they set a date. Sarah is trying this out and is having some success.
pkd09
Silver Member
when you call to follow up and set a date they act like they don't know what you are talking about? I guess I would rather have someone tell me NO if they really don't want to have a show then for me to keep following up, leaving nice voice messages month after month after month. Sometimes it does get a little frustrating. I have a stack, over the past 2 years, of people who said they will and then .... Do they just get caught up in the moment at the show? Is there a way for me to pin them down at the show for a date? I really see this as a double edge sword because I feel if I pin them down on a date, regardless of how far ahead, then I will open myself up to a lot of cancellations. What to do...what to do...what to do?:cry:

I am so with you and feel your frustration, I wish I had an answer, other than people are rude and stupid, but that isn't very nice to say!!
Hopefully, someone else has a better answer. Just know that you are not alone, hang in there :)

I so feel your pain as well. I have about 5 people that I have not given up on getting them to host b/c they say they want to host, but then never can set the date at that moment. I call and call, it was weekly, but then became monthly. I am now leaving msgs and letting the people they booked from know that they still haven't set dates. But I only let them know b/c they ask me...it was weekly they asked me, now it is monthly. I think they want to host, but i can't get them to commit. SO Frustrating!!

I just keep a booking binder and call back every so many months by now! I have several from a booth last summer that I'm still working on. Until they say No, I will keep calling them.

Do you send out a monthly newsletter? I'm about to send out my first, for the month of June, and I'm hoping seeing all the cool specials coming up will prompt the "I want to book a show, but can't tell you when," types to take notice and actually set a date.

Just wondering if this works for any of you.

Sarah

This is what my director says...."Hi this is _____________ with the Pampered Chef. I have you on my rotating contact list as expressing interest in hosting a party, and I was following up with you to see if this month would be a good time. If you've changed your mind, that's ok, just give me a call back to let me know and I'll take you off my list. But until you let me know you're not interested, I'll keep checking back with you until we connect."

She says it makes you sound organized when you say you have a "rotating contact list" and that people appreciate you keeping in contact them. It's worked for her, so I'm giving it a shot myself.

HTH

linojackie said:
This is what my director says...."Hi this is _____________ with the Pampered Chef. I have you on my rotating contact list as expressing interest in hosting a party, and I was following up with you to see if this month would be a good time. If you've changed your mind, that's ok, just give me a call back to let me know and I'll take you off my list. But until you let me know you're not interested, I'll keep checking back with you until we connect."

She says it makes you sound organized when you say you have a "rotating contact list" and that people appreciate you keeping in contact them. It's worked for her, so I'm giving it a shot myself.

HTH
That is a very clever idea! :)

Don't give up hope. I just booked a show for July from a lady I met at a booth in 10/2007. I would love tips on how to get a date at the show. I wouldn't mind cancellations because I think it would be better than calling back.

Definitely don't give up hope - I just had a show last week with a host that I met 2 years ago! She loved that I was consistent in following up with her (primarily through email) - and she was a great host - almost at $700 in sales! I've had many people thank me for not giving up on them (although sometimes you really want to) - if people want to have a show - they probably will eventually.

linojackie said:

Any luck with any call backs from the people?

To be honest, no...but I'm still trying. I mean, I figure, what do I have to lose?

We use a bookings board. It's a sheet of A4 with the next months calendar on and we put the dates in green that we are wanting shows for. We tend to only put a few extra dates available than what we want so people know we only have a few dates left. It helps them visualise and get their diaries out. Have you tried this?

If I get an answering machine I will say, "I'm sorry I missed you. I was calling b/c... I will try calling you back at another time or if you'd like to call me or would like me to remove you from my list you can reach me at..."

Well, it goes something like that!

Does that strategy work for you?

pamperedthorpe said:
We use a bookings board. It's a sheet of A4 with the next months calendar on and we put the dates in green that we are wanting shows for. We tend to only put a few extra dates available than what we want so people know we only have a few dates left. It helps them visualise and get their diaries out. Have you tried this?

What is A4?

A4 is the closest European equivalent to letter-size paper. It's slightly taller and a teeny bit narrower. That cheffer is in the UK, so that's why the A4.

dannyzmom said:
What is A4?

Ooops sorry!! Why is life so confusing!! A piece of appropriately sized paper!

1. Why do they say they will attend my Pampered Chef party, but then cancel at the last minute?

There are a variety of reasons why someone may cancel their attendance at a Pampered Chef party. Some common reasons may include schedule conflicts, unexpected events or emergencies, or simply changing priorities. It's important to remember that life happens and plans can change, so try not to take it personally.

2. Why do they say they will purchase products, but then end up not buying anything?

Similar to cancelling attendance, there can be many reasons why someone may not end up purchasing products at a Pampered Chef party. These reasons may include budget constraints, not finding products that interest them, or simply changing their mind. It's important to not pressure or guilt them into buying something, as this can create a negative experience for both parties.

3. Why do they say they will host a party, but then never follow through?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party requires a commitment of time and effort, so it's understandable that not everyone who expresses interest will end up actually hosting a party. Some common reasons for not following through may include scheduling conflicts, feeling overwhelmed by the planning process, or simply changing their mind. It's best to thank them for their interest and offer to help in any way if they do decide to host in the future.

4. Why do they say they will join my Pampered Chef team, but then back out?

Similar to hosting a party, joining a Pampered Chef team is a big commitment that may not be the right fit for everyone. Some common reasons for backing out may include a change in personal circumstances, feeling overwhelmed by the requirements, or simply changing their career goals. It's important to respect their decision and offer support if they do decide to join in the future.

5. Why do they say they will try a new recipe, but then never do?

Trying a new recipe may seem like a small commitment, but it still requires time and effort. Some common reasons for not following through may include not having the necessary ingredients, finding a different recipe they want to try instead, or simply forgetting about it. It's best to offer support and remind them of why you recommended the recipe in the first place, but ultimately it's up to them to decide if and when they want to try it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amandaC
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
Replies