• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you ready for Wave One? How are others preparing for the countdown?

In summary, you and your friends are planning a Meet and Greet for the last day of Wave One. There will be no food and you will have to leave at 4:45 a.m. to make it on time. There will also be a Meet and Greet for singles.
Doesn't PC send us a conference packet in the mail?

krzymomof4 said:
What are bare essentials?
IMO, writing implement, notebook, water bottle, ID, cell phone, Cheffer button.
If you don't mind carrying a little more, add: sweater, wallet (for vendor area, although it's better to look and then buy later in conference after you've thought about your purchases a bit), business cards (to hand out to other consultants), camera, lip balm, mints or gum, snack and pain relievers (never know when a headache is going to start).

chefann said:
If you don't mind carrying a little more, add: sweater, wallet (for vendor area, although it's better to look and then buy later in conference after you've thought about your purchases a bit), business cards (to hand out to other consultants), camera, lip balm, mints or gum, snack and pain relievers (never know when a headache is going to start).
You forgot camera to take picks of all your wonderful cheffer buddies and then post them next to your computer so you can see them when you loggon. Now that I actually wrote that out, it seems a little more creepy than I expected. Ha

Just had to stop in and check what your count down was! I was in Wave 1 last year, now I'm in Wave 3. Have fun in 3 weeks.

thebowman said:
You forgot camera to take picks of all your wonderful cheffer buddies and then post them next to your computer so you can see them when you loggon. Now that I actually wrote that out, it seems a little more creepy than I expected. Ha
Camera is in my "carry a little more" list. :)

chefann said:

What Ann said...yup that's about the barest of essentials. And be prepared for the bag to get very heavy by the end of conference...don't know why, but I alway end up with an extra water bottle, an apple or something by the last day, which makes it heavy.

That's right. You don't want too much stuff to weigh you down. I take my "bare essentials" in a plastic bag (think Wal-Mart or grocery store). That way I can toss it when I switch everything to my NC tote.

Rae I just had to come tell you thank you for posting all these great tips. I have been stealing them for wave 2's countdown and everyone is enjoying it. Thanks again.

My pleasure, Amanda. And, you can't steal what's freely given.

NC TipToday is June 20. There are only 20 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Travel can cause, um, digestive issues. :eek: While at NC, it would be easy to eat too little fiber and drink too little water. Plan ahead. Take some high-fiber snacks with you. Dried fruit, snack bars, and the like are portable and tasty. Make a conscious effort to drink lots of water. Take a refillable water bottle. There are water pitchers in each of the workshops, and you can fill up there. If you're picky about your water, take some of your favorite with you. You'll feel better.

raebates said:
Today is June 20. There are only 20 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Travel can cause, um, digestive issues. :eek: While at NC, it would be easy to eat too little fiber and drink too little water. Plan ahead. Take some high-fiber snacks with you. Dried fruit, snack bars, and the like are portable and tasty. Make a conscious effort to drink lots of water. Take a refillable water bottle. There are water pitchers in each of the workshops, and you can fill up there. If you're picky about your water, take some of your favorite with you. You'll feel better.

I recommend Lara Bars!

Taste great - and full of healthy fruit, protein, and that all-important fiber! (and no sugar other than the fruit.) YUMMY!

My 2nd year at conference, one of my downline consultants recommended I bring a rolling backpack like the ones kids use in school. It was a LIFESAFER and I have used one ever since!

Don't forget to bring those flavor packets for water if you're not a fan of plain water!!

Luna Bars are great as well!

by digestive issues do you mean too much or not at all????

To put it delicately, people can tend to become irregular when they travel.

What about those that aren't regular on a good day. (And I'm not just talking about my digestion:D )

Do you mean regular or normal? 'Cause normal = average, and average is nothing to aspire to.

Regular, however, as it applies to digestion, can be a very good thing. :)

I'm not regular about anything:)

I've been called a regular smart-[other word for donkey], but I'm not sure that counts. :)

If you're around friends that's ok Rae. We still love you!

Thanks, Bobby.

NC TipToday is June 21. There are only 19 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Do your homework before you head out for NC. Take a few minutes to sit down and think about what you want to get out of NC.
  • What are you hoping to learn?
  • What questions do you want to ask?

Next, think about what tips you have to share.
  • Product Tip?
  • Booking?
  • Host Coaching?
  • Recruiting?

Over the course of the next couple of weeks, take the time to really think about these things. NC will be a great experience whether you've done your homework or not. However, you're more likely to reach your goal if you've given it some thought beforehand.

Bring a bundle of your business cards to share with other consultants that you will meet.
This year when someone hands me their buisiness card, I am going to write on the back of it where and when I met them. I have a hand full of cards from last year and don't have a clue when we met.

I did that last year. It really helped me to remember who was who.

NC TipToday is June 22. There are only 18 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Traveling by plane? Make sure you pack anything you can't live without for a few days or easily replace (like medications) in your carry-on bag. You'll be in Chicago, so clothes, cosmetics, and toiletries will be somewhat easily available to you. Replacing prescription medications is a bit trickier.

Now, once you get to Chicago, you're likely to decide to put your keys in your luggage so you'll have one less thing to carry around with you. Make yourself a note to put them back in your carry-on bag (or purse) before you leave the hotel. It's bad enough to lose your luggage. It's even worse to also lose your way home and/or into your house. :eek:

My cousin acctually warned me to do the opposite ... pack all your liquids in the back that you check. She said it is a pain to put them in a ziplock ... that it holds you up at security, and this is why a cousin of ours missed her plane this week.

(Of course, said cousin told us she was held up by weather ...)

Medications that are liquid are exempt from the rules for carry-on bags. You'll notice that I don't suggest putting your cosmetics and toiletries in your carry-on bag. Those are included in the "you can easily replace" section.

NC TipToday is June 23. There are 17 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Make sure you keep track of everything. Record your mileage to and from the airport (or bus station, or director's house, or wherever), save all receipts, and keep a log of all tips to drivers, waiters, maids, etc. These are all business expenses you can claim on your taxes.

NC TipToday is June 24. There are only 16 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Be sure your family knows that you may not be able to call at a specific time each day. You don't want them to worry. Just remember that (1) you may not have good cell reception in some areas, (2) you may be running (literally) between events, and (3) the schedule is slightly different each day.

NC TipToday is June 25. There are only 15 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Be sure to wear comfy shoes when you travel to and from NC. Flying? Last time I flew ALL footwear had to be removed for x-ray screening. Shoes that lip off and on easily will save time and frustration Well, at least some of the frustration. :rolleyes:

I haven't been checking this thead regularly cuz it makes me sad :cry::cry: that I am not going...just wanted to tell you ladies that I will be there in spirit! I wish I was getting to meet more of you this year! Have a BLAST!!:chef:

And, we'll miss you, Kelly.

Today is June 26. There are only 14 days left until the start of Wave 1!

As you're starting to really think about what you'll be taking with you, you may want to consider purchasing an inexpensive travel toiletries kit. You can get them inexpensively from places like Wal-Mart, Target, and even The Dollar Store. Mine has a hook, so it can hang on the back of the bathroom door or on a towel rack. The convenience can be worth the cost.

NC TipToday is June 27. There are only 13 days left until the start of Wave 1!

If you haven't started your packing list yet, start it now. Seriously--an actual list. Make it portable, and carry it with you. You'll think of things to add at odd times, and if you have your list with you it's easy to add things. If you're like me, you'll never remember to write them down later.

Today is June 28. There are only 12 days left until the start of Wave 1.

A couple of small things to add to your list of things to carry with you at NC--safety pins and double-stick tape. There are few wardrobe malfunctions that can't be fixed with one or the other.

NC TipToday is June 29. There are only 11 days left until the start of Wave 1!

I know you ladies want to look your best at NC. (I'm sure you men do, too, but this tip probably won't apply to you.) You'll be tempted to bring lots of cosmetics "just in case." Resist that urge. Think about the look you'll be creating and what you'll be wearing. Bring only those cosmetics you'll need. You'll be glad you did.

Yeah!!! 11 days! I can not wait to go! Did you know that I still have no idea who will be watching my 3 children, 4,6 and 8!! :eek:

Today is June 30. There are only 10 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Comfort. I've said it before, as have several others, and I'll say it again. You want to make sure you're comfortable at NC. Shoes should be comfortable for walking miles and mile and for standing. Every piece of clothing you wear should be comfortable for sitting, standing, and walking. Think skin out. Seriously. Your underthings should be comfortable.

Now, I don't want to start a fight. I realize that your most comfortable clothes may be ones that won't fit the NC guidelines. Don't wear those. Within the guidelines, though, you should be able to find clothing that fits and wears well. You still have time to do a "test run" on what you're planning to wear. If you aren't comfortable, you won't be able to truly enjoy and learn from the full experience of NC. :grumpy: :rolleyes: :p

raebates said:
I realize that your most comfortable clothes may be ones that won't fit the NC guidelines. Don't wear those.

So my birthday suit is out? :cry:It's wrinkled and needs to be taken in...but I will need more time:eek: Hey, it's the most comfortable thing I can be in:D.

Um, I didn't see anything on the list about clothing being mandatory. It just said you couldn't wear jeans or shorts. You wouldn't be breaking those rules in your birthday suit. ;)

raebates said:
Um, I didn't see anything on the list about clothing being mandatory. It just said you couldn't wear jeans or shorts. You wouldn't be breaking those rules in your birthday suit. ;)

It would be a quick way of meeting some of Chicago's finest!! On the other hand, I just don't think the accomodations would suit me!!:D

baychef said:
So my birthday suit is out? :cry:It's wrinkled and needs to be taken in...but I will need more time:eek: Hey, it's the most comfortable thing I can be in:D.

Originally Posted by raebates
Um, I didn't see anything on the list about clothing being mandatory. It just said you couldn't wear jeans or shorts. You wouldn't be breaking those rules in your birthday suit.

Oh My! I almost spit my coffee out on that one!

birthday suits?!?!?! :D

raebates said:

Yeah.
We had someone show up to a car club Halloween party "dressed" as a statue. She had some kind of skirt on, but otherwise was covered only in silver makeup. The next year, the invitations read, "Costumes optional. Clothing mandatory."

PampMomof3 said:
Yeah!!! 11 days! I can not wait to go! Did you know that I still have no idea who will be watching my 3 children, 4,6 and 8!! :eek:
I have the same issue, only I have two boys who are 11 and 12. This same thing happened last year. It will all work out.

JAE said:
I have the same issue, only I have two boys who are 11 and 12. This same thing happened last year. It will all work out.

Yes it will but I have to get on it. I did mention to my cousin yesterday that I need help so we'll see what happens.:)

baychef said:

Even though PC did not exclude the birthday suit, I would reconsider. The conference rooms are sometimes nippily. At the very least you should bring a sweater with you.

ChefLisa said:
Even though PC did not exclude the birthday suit, I would reconsider. The conference rooms are sometimes nippily. At the very least you should bring a sweater with you.

You sound like my DH. When it's cold out, he says "It's a tad bit nipply out today." :D And his favorite section of the grocery store is the freezer section.

chefann said:
You sound like my DH. When it's cold out, he says "It's a tad bit nipply out today." :D And his favorite section of the grocery store is the freezer section.

Hopefully the little joke I was going for came across. Birthday suit and nippily!

Is that why DH likes the cold?

Maybe. That was why he and his college roommates liked the freezer section of the grocery.

<h2>1. What exactly is Wave One?</h2><p>Wave One refers to the first release of new products and updates from Pampered Chef for the year. It typically includes highly anticipated items and improvements to existing products.</p><h2>2. When does Wave One usually happen?</h2><p>Wave One typically happens in January, although the exact date may vary each year. This year, it is happening in just 66 days!</p><h2>3. What can we expect from Wave One?</h2><p>While the exact details of Wave One are not yet released, you can expect new and improved products, as well as updates to existing products to make your cooking and entertaining experience even better.</p><h2>4. How can I prepare for Wave One?</h2><p>To prepare for Wave One, you can start by making a list of products you are interested in and staying updated on any sneak peeks or announcements from Pampered Chef. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to plan your purchases.</p><h2>5. Are there any special deals or promotions for Wave One?</h2><p>Yes, there are often special deals and promotions for Wave One, such as discounted bundles or free gifts with purchase. These will be announced closer to the release date, so be sure to stay tuned for updates.</p>

1. What exactly is Wave One?

Wave One refers to the first release of new products and updates from Pampered Chef for the year. It typically includes highly anticipated items and improvements to existing products.

2. When does Wave One usually happen?

Wave One typically happens in January, although the exact date may vary each year. This year, it is happening in just 66 days!

3. What can we expect from Wave One?

While the exact details of Wave One are not yet released, you can expect new and improved products, as well as updates to existing products to make your cooking and entertaining experience even better.

4. How can I prepare for Wave One?

To prepare for Wave One, you can start by making a list of products you are interested in and staying updated on any sneak peeks or announcements from Pampered Chef. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to plan your purchases.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions for Wave One?

Yes, there are often special deals and promotions for Wave One, such as discounted bundles or free gifts with purchase. These will be announced closer to the release date, so be sure to stay tuned for updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Poll
  • rebeccastt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views