• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you ready for Wave One? How are others preparing for the countdown?

In summary, you and your friends are planning a Meet and Greet for the last day of Wave One. There will be no food and you will have to leave at 4:45 a.m. to make it on time. There will also be a Meet and Greet for singles.
Great advice Ann, I'm going to make my envelopes right now. I already have my paperwork all together and ready to go including my CTA map, flight info and itinerary. I may be too excited or just really organized.

With NC, it is hard not to be excited!!!! I haven't missed a year in the past 9 years and I still get excited!!:love:

I know, I started in Feb 2002 and did not go to that one but I haven't missed one since. I look forward to it as my vacation.

:cry: :cry: Now I am so upset I cancelled - I am totally bummed!! YOU guys had better have a good time for me! This would have been my 3rd conference but first as a CS member....... :cry: :cry:

It's not too late, we as women have been known through the ages to change our minds more than once and on numerous occassions. But we will think of you and tear up.

Awww thanks Shari - No need for tears just have a drink at Bubba's for me - I love the Navy Pier!! You should visit Howl at the moon as well one free night - its a riot - Be sure to take tons of pics and notes to share here with us who had to cancel or not go....... I can't wait to hear all the news - heck bring a laptop someone and share! (oh wait is that allowed wave 1??)

I believe that we can't spoil it for others until after wave 3. Sounds fair. If we get any free time we might just do that Howl at the Moon thing but we have planned quite a bit, of course I can always sleep when I get home right?

YOU have to go - its a blast - dualing piano players to every song there is - check out their website! Sleep and conference??? I don't think they go together - isn't that what a plane ride is for??? LOL!!

No the plane ride is for making contacts and booking shows and recruiting.LOL

Oh!!!! I've been doing everything wrong - I sleep on the plane (if I am not cracking up with my pal Colleen!!) eat too much, drink too much, walk too much and laugh way too much.... NO wonder I haven't promoted!!! LOL!!!

Good thing I am not going - you and I could be trouble if in the same workshop!! LOL!

I WOULD like to see that!! And I believe we were in a workshop together or was it Chris Manions Banquet, that would has been great! LOL!

Must have been a workshop - I go to Jill Lerners Banquet -

Ok - so next year right??? LOL - let the trouble planning begin!

Your On!!!

So we should start our own thread then!!! LOL!!!

"Advance trouble planning"

Hey thats a new workshop - maybe we can lead it at next NC!!! LOL

I work on notes okay? Well we will miss you, maybe Leadership?

Leadership?? Now that is a possibility.... Have fun and post your notes!

NC TipToday is June 7. There are 34 days until the start of Wave 1!

Remember that a bag of wadded-up dirty laundry takes up more room than folded clothes. I know it sounds weird, but folding your dirty clothes before putting them in your laundry bag will make it easier to get that suitcase zipped before you leave.

I sent a suitcase and my dirty clothes home at the Fed Ex booth last year. I had over packed last year. I had one less bag going home.

I am getting so excited!!! My DH thinks I have lost my mind!

I am wondering whether there is a coin laundry in the hotel ... I have to work the day after I return, and there is nothing worse than coming home from a vacation and having to do laundry because all your clothes are dirty ...

I don't know, Di. I think having to do laundry while on vacation would be worse. LOL!Most hotels have a cleaning service, but it is usually pretty expensive.

NC TipThere are 33 days left!

Label each piece of your luggage, both inside and out, with your name and phone number. Don't include your address. If an address is required by your transportation, try not to use your home address. Use your office, local post office, etc., if possible. Flying? Don't forget to remove old claim checks to avoid confusion. After all, you may want to return to your last vacation spot, but do you really want your luggage to return before you do? :p

Even if you're driving, labels can be important. At some point at NC your luggage may be next to nearly identical bags belonging to someone else. It's an interesting way to update your wardrobe, but I'm pretty sure Bobby and I don't wear the same size or style. ;)

Last edited:
Di_Can_Cook said:
I am wondering whether there is a coin laundry in the hotel ... I have to work the day after I return, and there is nothing worse than coming home from a vacation and having to do laundry because all your clothes are dirty ...

According to the website, there is a laundry at our hotel. Come by and visit at our rooftop pool or the bar and grill while your clothes are washing. I'm at the Essex Inn accross the street from the Chicago Hilton. We can meet and greet there also. Essex Inn Chicago | Downtown Hotel | Official Site

NC TipToday is June 9. There are 32 days left until the start of Wave 1!

You know you're supposed to pack light. Remember to also pack tight. Packing loosely wastes space and encourages clothes to wrinkle.

If you have connecting flights, if it rains, you'll want to have your clothes and valuables in a plastic bag inside your suitcase. You don't know how long your bags will sit outside on one of those baggage trains.

raebates said:
Today is June 9. There are 32 days left until the start of Wave 1!

You know you're supposed to pack light. Remember to also pack tight. Packing loosely wastes space and encourages clothes to wrinkle.

Are you up early or staying up late? I'm at work till 6:30.

Geez Rae! WHy are you up at that time of the day? :)

raebates said:
Today is June 7. There are 34 days until the start of Wave 1!

Remember that a bag of wadded-up dirty laundry takes up more room than folded clothes. I know it sounds weird, but folding your dirty clothes before putting them in your laundry bag will make it easier to get that suitcase zipped before you leave.
My dad was a boy scout leader and told me to roll my clothes to take less room. I won't do this with my clean stuff, but the dirties ALWAYS get rolled up and put in a plastic bag when we go on vacation. Then they don't get mingled with the clean stuff left in your suitcase when you put the bag in.

NC TipToday is June 11. There are 30 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Be sure to leave the family heirlooms at home. Your hotel room should be secure, but theft does happen. If you're being honored and really want to wear Aunt Bertha's antique brooch, ask about the hotel safe.

For those who have asked, I'm up at 4:10 every morning when I'm working a temp job. It allows me to:

• Exercise (30 minutes aerobic + either yoga or strength training with weights)

• Spend time in prayer and meditation

• Take a bath (I'm not a shower girl)

• Make breakfast for myself and The Furry Guy (I have time to eat mine in a leisurely manner. The Furry Guy heats his up when he awakens later, since he works second shift)

• Make a quick email check and sometimes a Chef Success countdown post

I do all that before leaving the house at approximately 7. I get to move at a leisurely pace. I'm a morning person, but I hate to be rushed.

Wow! You go girl! How's your son doing?

Wake me up at 4:10 am and you had better not talk to me AND have plenty of coffee available!!!!

Thanks for asking, Kristi. He's great! He's also part of the reason I haven't been on here for a couple of days. I drove him to Indianapolis to catch the Greyhound back to Dallas on Monday evening, which meant I didn't get home until midnight. Needless to say, I was exhausted when I got home from work on Tuesday evening (even though I slept in a bit that morning). I went to bed early that night.He's currently safely back on campus in Dallas. He received a couple of interesting offers while here in Indiana. He's mulling them over, praying about them, and discussing them with his mentors. One was for a job, the other was a ministry opportunity. He graduates this December. If he accepts the offers, he'll return to Indiana for the next few years. If not, he'll stay in Dallas for a while. I'd love to have his wonderful hugs only 30-45 minutes away, but I mostly want him where God wants him.

c00p said:
Wake me up at 4:10 am and you had better not talk to me AND have plenty of coffee available!!!!
Not a morning person? :pDon't worry. I don't wake others up that early. As a matter of fact, my NC roommates tell me I'm extremely quiet when I get up early and get ready before everyone else.

I will be waking up before everyone else to have my turn in the bathroom, getting dressed, and leaving the room so the others can do their thing in peace. It might not be as early as Rae though.

I generally sleep in until 5:00 or 5:30 at NC. It makes me feel absolutely decadent. :)

NC TipToday is June 12. There are 29 days left until the start of Wave 1!

While you're checking all of your clothing to make sure it's clean and in good repair, why not see if you can eliminate an item or two? Instead of bringing two or three different pairs of shoes, will one pair of shoes work for everything? If you're bringing sweaters or jackets in case the rooms are chilly, do you have one that will work for all three days? Remember, the less you take with you, the more room you'll have to bring stuff back. :D

raebates said:
Remember, the less you take with you, the more room you'll have to bring stuff back. :D
Oh how very, very, VERY important is to have room to bring stuff back!!!!!!! :p

NC TipToday is June 13. There are 27 days left until the start of Wave 1!
(Don't know how we did it, but we got off count by a day. It's closer than we thought! :D )

If you're using any type of public transportation to get to NC, be sure to check the carry-on rules. They change, so they may not be the same as the last time you traveled. Contact the company you're using for your travel, and ask about their rules. You can always contact the Transportation Security Administration (www.tsa.gov), but individual lines often have additional restrictions. You'd hate to have to leave something important behind.

Today is June 14. There are 26 days left until the start of Wave 1.

Some consultants (especially moms) like to leave a care package for their families. Now, The Furry Guy is used to being on his own, so a pan of mac & cheese and a few phone calls to touch base while I'm gone will be just fine for him. However, if you have young children at home (or a spouse who's not used to being on his or her own), a few "special-occasion only" treats could help them deal with your absence and may make them more willing to let you go next time. Oh, yeah, and don't forget to add a quick love note for each of your loved ones.

NC TipToday is June 15. There are only 25 days until the start of Wave 1!

Arriving early or staying an extra day? Talk to your cluster or traveling buddies about any touristy things you want to do--see a play, visit a museum, etc.

Awesome tips Rae! Thank you! Really, only 25 days! YEAH!!

We might have an extra ticket to the play "Wicked" for Wednesday night. Second row on the balcony. I'm not the one that bought the tickets, but I can connect someone with the lady that has them.

Today is June 17. There are only 23 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Don't forget to pack sunscreen. Chances are you'll be doing a bit of walking around Chicago. The sun can be brutal in July. We want to make sure you stay comfortable (sunburns are not comfortable) and healthy (skin cancer is definitely not healthy)!

NC TipToday is June 18. There are only 22 days left until the start of Wave 1!

I know there are lots of fun things to do after the evening sessions. Just remember to get plenty of sleep. It's hard to believe, but learning is actually one of the main reasons for NC. It's harder to absorb all that great stuff if you're too tired to listen.

raebates said:
Today is June 18. There are only 22 days left until the start of Wave 1!

I know there are lots of fun things to do after the evening sessions. Just remember to get plenty of sleep. It's hard to believe, but learning is actually one of the main reasons for NC. It's harder to absorb all that great stuff if you're too tired to listen.

I'm bringing a large container of earplugs for anyone that might be light sleepers. I know that one of my roommates likes to talk alot.

Thanks for the reminder, Bobby. I'm planning a little "Rae's Roommate Survival Kit" for my roomies. I need to pick up mints (to share with me if I need one), chocolate (since it's a necessity of life :)), and earplugs (because I snore; though, they may want to leave them out in case I say something interesting in my sleep).

NC TipToday is June 19. There are only 21 days until the start of Wave 1!

Only 3 weeks! Yippee!

I've said it before, but I think it bears repeating. Check over every item of clothing to make sure everything is clean and in good repair. Seriously. Shopping while at NC is fun. Frantically searching for a new top because there's a problem with one you brought to wear is not.

Quick Tip: Bring only the bare essentials to registration that first day....for you newbies, we'll be given a tote at registration that will hold all your gear.

Chefstover2 said:
Quick Tip: Bring only the bare essentials to registration that first day....for you newbies, we'll be given a tote at registration that will hold all your gear.

What are bare essentials?

<h2>1. What exactly is Wave One?</h2><p>Wave One refers to the first release of new products and updates from Pampered Chef for the year. It typically includes highly anticipated items and improvements to existing products.</p><h2>2. When does Wave One usually happen?</h2><p>Wave One typically happens in January, although the exact date may vary each year. This year, it is happening in just 66 days!</p><h2>3. What can we expect from Wave One?</h2><p>While the exact details of Wave One are not yet released, you can expect new and improved products, as well as updates to existing products to make your cooking and entertaining experience even better.</p><h2>4. How can I prepare for Wave One?</h2><p>To prepare for Wave One, you can start by making a list of products you are interested in and staying updated on any sneak peeks or announcements from Pampered Chef. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to plan your purchases.</p><h2>5. Are there any special deals or promotions for Wave One?</h2><p>Yes, there are often special deals and promotions for Wave One, such as discounted bundles or free gifts with purchase. These will be announced closer to the release date, so be sure to stay tuned for updates.</p>

1. What exactly is Wave One?

Wave One refers to the first release of new products and updates from Pampered Chef for the year. It typically includes highly anticipated items and improvements to existing products.

2. When does Wave One usually happen?

Wave One typically happens in January, although the exact date may vary each year. This year, it is happening in just 66 days!

3. What can we expect from Wave One?

While the exact details of Wave One are not yet released, you can expect new and improved products, as well as updates to existing products to make your cooking and entertaining experience even better.

4. How can I prepare for Wave One?

To prepare for Wave One, you can start by making a list of products you are interested in and staying updated on any sneak peeks or announcements from Pampered Chef. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to plan your purchases.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions for Wave One?

Yes, there are often special deals and promotions for Wave One, such as discounted bundles or free gifts with purchase. These will be announced closer to the release date, so be sure to stay tuned for updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Poll
  • rebeccastt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views