• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you ready for Wave One? How are others preparing for the countdown?

In summary, you and your friends are planning a Meet and Greet for the last day of Wave One. There will be no food and you will have to leave at 4:45 a.m. to make it on time. There will also be a Meet and Greet for singles.
dannyzmom said:
You can check out the conference itinerary/agenda on CC - basically we are free until 1:15 on day one - it's a great time to check out the booths...we're free the night of day 1 - after 6:15pm...day two we're booked up all day and evening...day three it all ends at 1:15 unless you are taking the late HO tours.

Carolyn, this is true unless you're a director or are taking the first timers orientation. Then you're busy pretty much all day!

PampMomof3 said:
Carolyn, this is true unless you're a director or are taking the first timers orientation. Then you're busy pretty much all day!

GOod point -Di, what did you decide about the orientation?

52 days!

Don't forget to leave a copy of your travel itinerary with someone at home! Someone will be worried about you if you don't!

Hey, Crystal, that's the exact same tip I was thinking about for today. Great minds obviously think alike. :)

Wow - it's coming up fast! I don't really count down until the last 2 weeks though because I have so much between now and then...

I'm still signed up for the orientation at 9 a.m. since I'm taking the HO tour on Saturday ... so far, nobody has talked me out of it, but we'll see what happens.Conference itiniary only covers so much ... there's also the issue that my cluster is "in transition." Four of us are going without our (now) ex director. Of those 4, one is going with her husband, one is planning on staying in her room with her baby at night (since her parents will be watching her during the day) and the other will probably want to be with me 24/7. Add in to the mix that we are now merged with a larger cluster ... and I am the only one (so far) who has even met most of the larger group as far as I know. So there will be a lot of "cluster politics" to navigate. Add into the mix that I want to see you guys ... AND I want to meet up with some friends who are in the Greater Chicago area ... AND I'm not staying in an "official" conference hotel ... it looks like my social calendar will be jam-packed!I also don't want to take a bus to the Palamer for the orientation, only to take another one BACK to the Sheraton to meet cluster-mates for lunch ... that sort of thing!

raebates said:
Hey, Crystal, that's the exact same tip I was thinking about for today.

Great minds obviously think alike. :)

Wow! I'm impressed with myself... To be thinking like Rae! :D

ETA - I'm sitting here giggling at myself right now... thinking about to last year's thread when Rae was giving us all tips. And to one in particular where she was instructing those that are driving to get their oil checked. ;) I wonder if The Furry Guy will be doing that for Rae again this year... :eek:

So are we at 48 days

crystalscookingnow said:

ETA - I'm sitting here giggling at myself right now... thinking about to last year's thread when Rae was giving us all tips. And to one in particular where she was instructing those that are driving to get their oil checked. ;) I wonder if The Furry Guy will be doing that for Rae again this year... :eek:
Hard to believe that was a year ago....seems like it was just yesterday!:D

crystalscookingnow said:

Instead of impressed, you should be afraid. Very afraid.:eek:

Yes, The Furry Guy will be checking my oil and other fluids. (Hmm, if I remember correctly, that information led to a lot of suggestive comments last year. :eek: )

Seriously, if you're driving any distance, be sure to do a quick tune-up on your vehicle. Check the fluids, tire pressure, and anything else that needs routine maintenance. It will save you on fuel (which is imperative right now :yuck:), and make it much less likely that you'll have car trouble.

NC TipOnly 46 days left to wait!

Once again, I'm suggesting another thing to add to your suitcase--hangers. I know. I know. You're supposed to pack light. That's wonderful advice. Ask yourself this, though. You're sharing a room with how many other people? You're each bringing clothes for about 3 days. The average hotel room has, what, 4 hangers?

Make things simple for yourself. Bring one good hanger for each outfit you're bringing with you. Once you arrive at the hotel, Place one complete outfit on each hanger.* Ta da! Now it will be really easy to grab everything you need for the day as you're getting ready each morning.

*You don't have to, but you can slip your underthings over the top of the hanger as well. This will keep you from having to rummage through your luggage each morning to find the right undies, bra, socks/hose, etc, for what you're wearing that day. If you're an early riser like me, your roommates will thank you for thinking ahead and making much less noise while they're catching a few more winks.

Okay, so I know I mentioned before about buying postcards while in Chicago for your upcoming hosts. I was just going through my NC folder and found the extras I bought last year.I forgot that I had decided to think ahead. Before I leave for NC, I'll write, address, and stamp those postcards. Once I get to the hotel, I'll slip them in the mail. Easy. Before I leave Chicago, I'll buy postcards for next time.Gee, I feel so organized and prepared. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
The other waves have a countdown - so I thought we should have one!

Only 66 days til Wave One!

Holy crap ... you've hadd a show over $5k?!

Wow!

NC TipWow, there are only 45 days left!

Don't forget to put your Chef Success button on your packing list. We want to be able to pick you out of the crowd.

Speaking of which, you might want to start practicing with the Where's Waldo? books to get ready to spot those Chef Success buttons at NC.

Don't have a CS button? Look at chefann's signature. Click on the link for Chef Success Stuff. You'll find them there.

a month a half, huh? How exciting!!:D

NC TipOnly 44 Days left!Where is your suitcase? If you're like me, it's packed away in some deep, dark corner of your attic. You might want to think about getting it out sometime soon. I'll be airing mine out so it doesn't make my clothes smell, like, well, a hot, stuffy attic.

Last edited:
You think of everything, don't ya!Actually , I'll be digging my suitcase out just before Father's Day. as Dad, Auntie, Stepmom and I are hitting the road to see Dad's sisters. My aunts have lived in New England since before I was born, and I'm hoping they'll let me cook them a 30 minute chicken while we're there ...I doubt I'll unpack much between June 23 and July 9 ...

43 Days to Wave 1!

If you haven't started a packing list, start it soon. It's probably best to make sure it's portable so you can jot things down as you think of them. Don't over-pack, though. How to strike a balance? Why not talk with your roommates? You can probably share some things like . . .

• Hair Dryer
  • Night Light (to find your way to the loo in the night)
  • Outlet Strip (for charging all those cell phones)

Most hotels have hair dryers ... but if your room is such that it has multiple mirrors, it might be a good option anyway. And extension cords often come in handy!

It's true that the hotels have hair dryers. I just don't trust them. I've encountered a few that were so weak I'd be better off having someone stand behind me and blow on my hair. As a matter of fact, if it were at NC and I had a few roommates, they would have done a much better job than the appliance provided by the hotel.

I always take my own. I'm married to an Eagle Scout. I'm pretty certain he slipped that whole "be prepared" thing into the wedding vows. :)

raebates said:
Only 44 Days left!

Where is your suitcase? If you're like me, it's packed away in some deep, dark corner of your attic. You might want to think about getting it out sometime soon. I'll be airing mine out so it doesn't make my clothes smell, like, well, a hot, stuffy attic.
Mine is in the back of my Suburban ... with my kit in it... I may need a new one! :)

Sounds to me like a good excuse for shopping!

Only 41 days left!

Rooming with people you don't know? Be sure to have The Talk.

No, I'm not talking about sex. I'm talking about snoring. It can be really uncomfortable to tell someone you barely know that their buzzsaw impression that first night kept you up. Here's what I tell new roommates:

I sometimes snore. I also sometimes talk in my sleep. If I'm disturbing your sleep, don't be shy. Nudge me. Shake me. Wake me. Smother me with a pillow. Do whatever you need to do. I won't be offended. Heck, I probably won't even remember.

raebates said:
Only 41 days left!

Rooming with people you don't know? Be sure to have The Talk.

No, I'm not talking about sex. I'm talking about snoring. It can be really uncomfortable to tell someone you barely know that their buzzsaw impression that first night kept you up. Here's what I tell new roommates:

I sometimes snore. I also sometimes talk in my sleep. If I'm disturbing your sleep, don't be shy. Nudge me. Shake me. Wake me. Smother me with a pillow. Do whatever you need to do. I won't be offended. Heck, I probably won't even remember.

Pack NEW ear plugs for everyone!! I think I have turned from a "sometimes snorer" to an "all the time snorer". :yuck: :yuck: So this is a way to help others.

I haven't read this entire thread but I like to pack a book and a mini light for reading under the covers in case I wake up in the night and can't get back to sleep. Reading puts me to sleep very easily. Nothing annoys me more than waking up in the middle of the night with NOTHING to do but think of how tired I am going to be the next day without enough sleep.:indif: And the last thing I want to do is to disturb someone else's sleep.

Anne, earplugs are a great idea! I may make a "Rae's Roommate Survival Kit" for those sharing my room. I could include:Breath mints (to offer to me when I need one)
TMI Sign (for when I start to overshare)
One really good chocolate (just because it's a necessity of life)
Earplugs (for when I snore, though you may want to leave them out in case I'm talking in my sleep--I'm frequently really entertaining when I'm unconscious!)

NC TipOnly 40 days, baby!

Chefann shared this last year. Since today is Saturday, I figure it's a good time to share a slightly longer post.

8 Mistakes that Can Spoil Any Trip

1. Winging it. Know where you're going to stay for at least the first night, especially after a long flight. (NC specific: Of course you have a reservation. Make sure you have that confirmation information with you, especially if it wasn't you who booked the room.)

2. Packing too much. Limit yourself to one suitcase and one carry-on. Put a change of clothes and your daily medication in the carry-on in case your luggage gets lost. (Not flying? Packing light is still important. You're just in less danger of losing your luggage.)

3. Forgetting essential items. Make a list of things you frequently forget, and put it in your empty suitcase.

4. Trying to do too much. Limit the number of activities you plan into each day. Schedule free days for long trips. (NC specific: I know there are lots of fun things to do after the evening sessions. Just don't try to do everything!)

5. Trying to get too much work done at the last minute. Spread things out. you'll never have enough time to finish everything the day before you leave.

6. Calling the office too much. This can be a sign of insecurity or trying too hard to control everything. Your boss and co-workers know how to reach you in an emergency, right?

7. Misplacing essential items. Keep boarding passes, identification, passports, trip itineraries, and other documents in one small, easy-to-get-to pouch or bag. Put a bright sticker or ribbon on your luggage to make it stand out.

8. Leaving town without making arrangements to have the mail and newspaper picked up.This is a sure sign to would-be thieves that your house is empty.

Today is June 1. There are 39 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Traveling by plane? Photograph your luggage and its contents just before you leave. If your luggage is lost, you'll have a record for the airline. And, just being prepared may ward off this type of bad luck. You know, like carrying an umbrella almost guarantees it won't rain. :p

Today is June 2. There are 38 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Once you get to your hotel room, I know you'll be excited to talk with everyone and get started on the NC fun. Your stay will go much smoother, though, if you take just a few minutes to familiarize yourself with your surroundings. Where are the light switches, and which lights do they control? Where are the AC controls, and how do they work? Where is the emergency exit in relation to your room?

Oh, yeah, and from personal experience, make sure the room's clock radio isn't set to full volume on a mariachi station unless that's really how the people in your room prefer to be awakened. :p

NC TipToday is June 3. There are 37 days left until Wave 1!

While you're in Chicago, carry the address of your hotel with you. after all, there is more than one Sheraton or Hilton. And, while PC is very important, not every cab driver will know where PC consultants are staying.

Last edited:
raebates said:
Today is June 2. There are 38 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Once you get to your hotel room, I know you'll be excited to talk with everyone and get started on the NC fun. Your stay will go much smoother, though, if you take just a few minutes to familiarize yourself with your surroundings. Where are the light switches, and which lights do they control? Where are the AC controls, and how do they work? Where is the emergency exit in relation to your room?

Oh, yeah, and from personal experience, make sure the room's clock radio isn't set to full volume on a mariachi station unless that's really how the people in your room prefer to be awakened. :p

you crack me up Rae!!:D

and thank you for posting all of these great tips!

raebates said:
Anne, earplugs are a great idea! I may make a "Rae's Roommate Survival Kit" for those sharing my room. I could include:

Breath mints (to offer to me when I need one)
TMI Sign (for when I start to overshare)
One really good chocolate (just because it's a necessity of life)
Earplugs (for when I snore, though you may want to leave them out in case I'm talking in my sleep--I'm frequently really entertaining when I'm unconscious!)

And a tape recorder to share Rae's conversations with her Chef Success family and The Furry Guy.
"Oust" or some other bathroom spray (no explaination needed)

Your tips are not only hilarious but useful too. I may have to copy and paste these posts to my newbees!!! It will be volume II Conference Binder!

You guys think I'm kidding?

The first year I was at NC one of my roommates set our clock radio. None of us thought to check the volume or station. Lark that I am, I was already up, but you should have seen those other three women when the radio came on full blast with mariachi music!

As for the talking in my sleep, if you believe The Furry Guy, I was always the entertainment when my little family went camping. I'd fall asleep, and the guys would listen to my brain download. I once told them wombats make good pets.*

*BTW, I'm fairly sure this isn't true.

Wow, do the wombats know this?!?! Did their laughter wake you up?!?!

And the mariachi music...probably was not funny at the time, but sounds funny now!!!:sing:

Well, as soon as we all got over the shock, we found the whole mariachi thing funny.I'm assuming you're talking about the laughter of my guys. The answer is no. I've gotten used to their laughter.

NC TipToday is June 4. There are 37 days until the start of Wave 1!

We've been concentrating on our arrival, but departure is important, too. Why not get everything but the bare essentials packed on the last night? It will save you time the next morning, when things may be a bit rushed. It will also lessen the likelihood of leaving something behind.

Speaking as an ex-cop, you might want to have a copy the account numbers of all of your credit and debit cards that you will be bringing with you and leave it at home where someone can find it fast in case a purse comes up missing.
Also, don't walk around Chicago wearing your Conference name tag that they are going to give you.

Excellent points, Bobby.

Thanks Bobby!! Great Tips!!

OMG! 37 days! I CAN NOT WAIT!

Well - I am officially not going - I have cancelled my flight and registration!! This is the 2nd time the wave I am in interferes with my family vacation to our beach house - last year my DH was fine with it - this year.... He has a point and sadly I won't be there this year -

Sorry Ginger - sure you will keep me up to date!!!

PamperedDor said:
Well - I am officially not going - I have cancelled my flight and registration!! This is the 2nd time the wave I am in interferes with my family vacation to our beach house - last year my DH was fine with it - this year.... He has a point and sadly I won't be there this year -

Sorry Ginger - sure you will keep me up to date!!!

WOW!! BUMMER!!

I am bummed as well - But I know you guys will all have a great time - Looking forward to all the info you will all share with us! I will bring my laptop to Fire Island and toast each and every one of you! Have a blast for me!!

PamperedDor said:
I am bummed as well - But I know you guys will all have a great time - Looking forward to all the info you will all share with us! I will bring my laptop to Fire Island and toast each and every one of you! Have a blast for me!!

Shucks! I was looking forward to meeting you as well.

Have a blast for us too!

PamperedDor said:

HEY!! Wait a minute...Fire Island??? Thats it???? You can go there ANYTIME!!!;) :D ;)

My wife's family was planning a vacation in Florida the same time that I'll be in Chicago. I hope they have a good time.

It's June 5, and there are only 36 days left until the start of Wave 1!

Peanuts? Granola bars? What snack helps keep you going? You might want to bring some along. With everything going on at NC, a healthy snack to boost your energy mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon may be just what you need to stay alert and get the most out of those great workshops. A healthy snack may also keep you from choosing the quick over the healthy because you're too hungry to wait.

A refillable water bottle would be a good thing to bring along, too. There are pitchers of water in the workshop rooms, so you'll be able to fill it up regularly.

Ginger428 said:
HEY!! Wait a minute...Fire Island??? Thats it???? You can go there ANYTIME!!!;) :D ;)

Yes, we can but we own a house there and we rent it out the rest of the season. It is also the 2 weeks a year, my DH actually takes off and we don't schedule any sports camps with the kids etc. Basically its the 2 weeks designated for family and friends and the last 2 years I have split in the middle of it to go to conference!:yuck:

Its all good - we are going to try to change the weeks next year to the end of July! Have fun and let me know all about it!!

raebates said:
You guys think I'm kidding?

The first year I was at NC one of my roommates set our clock radio. None of us thought to check the volume or station. Lark that I am, I was already up, but you should have seen those other three women when the radio came on full blast with mariachi music!

As for the talking in my sleep, if you believe The Furry Guy, I was always the entertainment when my little family went camping. I'd fall asleep, and the guys would listen to my brain download. I once told them wombats make good pets.*

*BTW, I'm fairly sure this isn't true.

OMG! I almost peed my pants laughing. I'm actually in Wave 2 but I wanted to read up on the tips (THANK YOU they are all great!) but DARN IT! This was SO funny I busted out laughing and hubby thinks I'm nuts! (okay I am a little)

Oh, Becky, if that one almost made you pee your pants, you should really be careful reading my posts. You might also avoid me in person. I could be dangerous for you. ;)I'm glad you find the tips helpful. It's something I started last year because I thought my countdown was getting boring.

Last edited:
NC TipToday is June 6. There are 35 days left until the start of Wave 1.

Whether you're traveling by plane, bus, or train, be sure to have your identification handy. Depending on your mode of travel, you may need to show that ID several times. You may also need more than one form of ID.

WOW...I had better start shopping...I need clothes!!!

Not sure if you had mentioned this, Rae, but I am going to invest in some sort of a rolling carrying jobby :confused: So I can roll my lap top AND the zillion mini catalogs and post cards I will buy at conference. Other wise, my knuckles will drag on the ground like a gorilla and my arms will be tired and I will get cranky (crankier, that is!!:eek: )

Every year, I see people with these when my arms are about to fall off and I can't decide if I want to cry or go steal their carrier (I don't want what is in it, I just want to carry my stuff with less pain!!)

Another tip....
Receipts...plane tickets, meals on the road, pruchases with Merrill or PC, taxi rides, etc. will pile up so fast. Before you know it, you will have this pile of paper that you will chuck in your receipt box. Then come tax time you are burnt out from Christmas and can't remember what the heck was for what!

I take brown clasp envelopes about 6 x 8 and put a date on one for each day I will be gone. I carry the current day with me and when the day is done, it gets clasped and put in my suitcase. Then I put the next day's envelope in my bag or purse. On the outside I may put notes on it like...split taxi fare, or tips, etc. just so I know what to claim and/or where my money or credit was used. The first time I did this, I had one envelope for the entire trip and it got too bulky so breaking in down into separate days really helped me! Hope it helps you too!

<h2>1. What exactly is Wave One?</h2><p>Wave One refers to the first release of new products and updates from Pampered Chef for the year. It typically includes highly anticipated items and improvements to existing products.</p><h2>2. When does Wave One usually happen?</h2><p>Wave One typically happens in January, although the exact date may vary each year. This year, it is happening in just 66 days!</p><h2>3. What can we expect from Wave One?</h2><p>While the exact details of Wave One are not yet released, you can expect new and improved products, as well as updates to existing products to make your cooking and entertaining experience even better.</p><h2>4. How can I prepare for Wave One?</h2><p>To prepare for Wave One, you can start by making a list of products you are interested in and staying updated on any sneak peeks or announcements from Pampered Chef. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to plan your purchases.</p><h2>5. Are there any special deals or promotions for Wave One?</h2><p>Yes, there are often special deals and promotions for Wave One, such as discounted bundles or free gifts with purchase. These will be announced closer to the release date, so be sure to stay tuned for updates.</p>

1. What exactly is Wave One?

Wave One refers to the first release of new products and updates from Pampered Chef for the year. It typically includes highly anticipated items and improvements to existing products.

2. When does Wave One usually happen?

Wave One typically happens in January, although the exact date may vary each year. This year, it is happening in just 66 days!

3. What can we expect from Wave One?

While the exact details of Wave One are not yet released, you can expect new and improved products, as well as updates to existing products to make your cooking and entertaining experience even better.

4. How can I prepare for Wave One?

To prepare for Wave One, you can start by making a list of products you are interested in and staying updated on any sneak peeks or announcements from Pampered Chef. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to plan your purchases.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions for Wave One?

Yes, there are often special deals and promotions for Wave One, such as discounted bundles or free gifts with purchase. These will be announced closer to the release date, so be sure to stay tuned for updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Poll
  • rebeccastt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views