• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cool! I Got My First Director Lead

In summary, Nicole offers advice on how to accept Directorship, how to stay motivated, and how to keep your team motivated. She also offers advice on how many recruits you need to have in your first line in order to accept Directorship, and offers a replacement policy in case one of your recruits quits.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
Well - not exactly a lead, but I was in line at the grocery store, and my cell phone rang. It was a lady in town who got my name from the main website and needed help redeeming a gift certificate! I was glad that I knew what to do, cuz usually I need to be sitting in front of my laptop to answer something like that! And she took my name and number down and same for me in case she wants a show - she said not right now.
Anyway - that was pretty neat! Now to all you other directors and above...there are 4 of us in my town. How does PC determine who gets the lead? Is it random, or like in order? Just curious!

I was told that it is passed around by areas, but not sure how big of areas. Each person gets their own turn.

RotationIt goes on a rotation to make it fair (at least that's what I've been told). So, if there are four Directors in your area, it would rotate through those four.

How do they decide area? I have no clue. For instance, we have a couple of Director's who live 30 or more minutes away from the main large community here. Do they only get HO leads from people in their direct area, or do they get ones from the city also?

If someone knows, I'd love to find out!

I don't know the radius that they determine, but it probably depends on how many directors are in your area. AND the director has to have $1250 in sales for the previous three out of four months in order to get leads. Since becoming a director, I've averaged about 1 a month. Last month it was two. So far, I've had two leads SIGN!! They didn't start off as a straight recruiting lead. One was the bride for a wedding shower lead that came through the website from the host of the shower and the other was someone who just wanted to host a show, but ended up signing. :) I think this is one of the best perks.

Oh and I average one a month even though I live so close to the home office! I have never felt saturation in this area.

Nicole, I have 5 recruits now -- 2 are qualified, 2 working on it and 1 has her first SS month in August.....how long after they all qualified did you get the call, how many recruits do you have, and is your downline strong enough to hold the qualification requirements? If one quits, how long do I have to replace him/her? I am still fairly new and this has happened so quickly! Thx!!

jwpamp said:
Nicole, I have 5 recruits now -- 2 are qualified, 2 working on it and 1 has her first SS month in August.....how long after they all qualified did you get the call, how many recruits do you have, and is your downline strong enough to hold the qualification requirements? If one quits, how long do I have to replace him/her? I am still fairly new and this has happened so quickly! Thx!!

Hi, Janice.

First of all, let me start by saying "Way to Go!" It's been two long years for me to reach Directorship, as much out of choice as not, so it's awesome that you are looking at Directorship this early!

Next, may I offer some advice? Please get in contact with your Director. This site is great, but there is nothing like working with your own Director, who hopefully is learning what motivates you, how to approach you (do you need a Drill Sergent or a Mother Hen?), and how to help you. Talk to her (for the sake of ease, I'm assuming it's a "Her") about your goals and the best way to reach them. Ask her your questions!

Okay, now that I'm done preaching, here are the answers, to the best of my ability, to your questions:

1. Home Office will call the first week of the month after you first have 5 qualified recruits. More than likely, you have already received a packet in the mail regarding Directorship. If you haven't, you will get it soon. READ IT THOROUGHLY, and be prepared for the call!

2. As of right now, I have 7 recruits, but not all of them are active. Once you accept Directorship, you must have 5 in your 1st line. This includes all that your personal recruits have recruited. So, it's important to encourage your recruits to recruit. I like what Belinda Ellsworth taught at Conference...as soon as one signs, ask her which one of her friends would be great at this also...then go sign them. Then, you let the recruit know they are only 1 recruit away from the first level of leadership! In this way, from the beginning your downline is recruiting.

3. Currently, no, my downline is not strong enough. However, I know it will be. As a new Director, you have three months to build your team deeper and wider. If that hasn't happened in your "training" period, a three month cycle starts in which you must meet the minimum requirements. That cycle starts over each time you meet the requirements (5 active, $4000 cluster, $350 personal).

4. Referring back to three, you have 3 months to get to the minimum requirements.

I believe the key to earning and maintaining a Directorship is CONSISTENCY. Consistency in recruiting, training and selling. Teach your downline to recruit, and you will build deep and wide, which will provide a firm foundation as you continue to grow.

I know this is long. I hope the information helps. Please work with your own Director on this journey. It will make the biggest difference!

I do ask my Director everything, but was hoping to get a quick answer from you! THX!!

My Director has suggested that I wait until I am sure my downline is strong enough before I even accept Directorship, but my sales alone can carry the sales requirements, and if we have time to replace them if they go inactive, I feel that it is to my benefit to accept (HO leads, 3% overrides, other benefits). I would hate to have waited and regret it later!

Would you wait if you had 5 and met the other requirements, "just in case" they weren't strong enough?

Great!
jwpamp said:
I do ask my Director everything, but was hoping to get a quick answer from you! THX!!

My Director has suggested that I wait until I am sure my downline is strong enough before I even accept Directorship, but my sales alone can carry the sales requirements, and if we have time to replace them if they go inactive, I feel that it is to my benefit to accept (HO leads, 3% overrides, other benefits). I would hate to have waited and regret it later!

Would you wait if you had 5 and met the other requirements, "just in case" they weren't strong enough?

I'm glad to hear that you are working with your Director.

Because of leaves and inactivity, I had just the five required. My Director and I really discussed whether to take it or not. I actually turned it down initially. It was the fact that I have six months plus that sealed the deal for me. Well, that and King Tut!:D I am hoping to recruit six between July and August (I'm greedy...I want Home Depot!), and then continue recruiting 1-2 a month after that. Without consistency, I won't maintain it, but I believe I can be consistent enough. I normally do between $2000 and $3000 on my own each month, so I don't believe sales will be an issue. Just need to have a solid downline!

I'm definitely incorporating the have your new recruit recruit strategy to help build a wide and deep down line.

Good luck!

Related to Cool! I Got My First Director Lead

What does it mean to get a "Director Lead"?

A Director Lead is when a customer expresses interest in becoming a consultant and joining your team as a Director. This is a great opportunity to grow your team and increase your earnings.

How can I follow up with my Director Lead?

It is important to follow up with your Director Lead within 24 hours of receiving their contact information. You can reach out via phone call, text message, or email to schedule a time to meet and discuss the opportunity further.

What should I bring to the meeting with my Director Lead?

It is always good to come prepared to the meeting with your Director Lead. Bring a consultant agreement, business opportunity brochure, and any other materials that can help showcase the benefits of becoming a consultant with Pampered Chef.

How can I support my new Director?

Once your Director Lead has officially joined your team, it is important to provide them with the necessary training and support needed to get their business started. You can offer mentorship, provide resources and tools, and be available to answer any questions they may have.

What are the benefits of having a Director on my team?

Having a Director on your team can have many benefits. They can help you grow your team, increase your earnings, and bring new ideas and perspectives to your business. Additionally, Directors have access to additional training and support, which can benefit your entire team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • Meigs
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies